ImageImage

Bucks rotation (Short is your friend)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,015

Re: Bucks rotation (Short is your friend) 

Post#121 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jan 5, 2010 2:46 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
BDUB_30 wrote:[Andrew will go down as the 2nd best center in bucks history. 2nd only to a guy who didnt want to be here. Take Jabbar out of the mix and Andrew Bogut is the best 5 this franchise ever had.

Nah. Here's your top five

1. Jabbar
2. Lanier
3. Sikma
4. Swen Nater
5. Bogut

Bogut has to play here 3-4 more years at a high level to move up to #2. He has the talent to do it. Whether he fulfills it is the question at hand.

youve got number 2 and 3 backwards :wink:
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,095

Post#122 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 2:49 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:[
youve got number 2 and 3 backwards.

I can live with that.

One factoid about Sikma----in that seven game playoff series which we lost in 1987 to the Celtics, he was 35-35 from the FT line in that series.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#123 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jan 5, 2010 3:06 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

I can live with that.

One factoid about Sikma----in that seven game playoff series which we lost in 1987 to the Celtics, he was 35-35 from the FT line in that series.

i couldnt resist the comparison of sikma and lanier considering my SN and our previous discussions regarding lanier....lol. i figured youd get a kick out of that.

lanier as discussed was a bit before my time..... but i DO KNOW sikma well, and bogut isnt the same impact. that in itself is a bit scary considering how many impact bigs there were when sikma played compared to now.

andrew needs to develop that jumpshot, a pumpfake, and consistency from the line. the fact that right now he isnt a jack sikma in the back third of his career, is pathetic now that i think about it.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#124 » by europa » Tue Jan 5, 2010 3:06 am

No way Nater should be ranked ahead of Bogut in my opinion. No problems with the Top 3, though.
Nothing will not break me.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#125 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jan 5, 2010 3:36 am

europa wrote:No way Nater should be ranked ahead of Bogut in my opinion. No problems with the Top 3, though.

i dont know about that.
if we could get one season out of andrew bogut where he gives us 13/12, then we immediately deal him straight up for a top 3 pick that turns into marques johnson....i take it!! give me swen nator all day long..lol
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,095

Post#126 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 3:48 am

europa wrote:No way Nater should be ranked ahead of Bogut in my opinion. No problems with the Top 3, though.

It depends on how you score it. I'm scoring it based on how good the guy was during the time he was here. If you add in a longevity factor then Nater is out.

But when you look at Nater's career stat line, up to this point Bogut has some work to do to catch him statistically although I'd agree it was a different era.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... rsw01.html
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#127 » by upnorthfan » Tue Jan 5, 2010 5:15 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

I can live with that.

Here is a factoid about Nater (I think). Doing this from memory, but I think he never started a college game. He backed up Bill Walton his whole career.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks