OT: MIL@NJN viewing @Fanatics

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

OT: MIL@NJN viewing @Fanatics 

Post#1 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Jan 5, 2010 4:54 am

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2 ... 742&ref=mf

No need to let the Bucks being out of town stop us from getting together and having a good time in conjunction with a Bucks game.

And yes, I realize the Nets have fired their NPHish looking former head coach Lawrence Frank, but I'm using this picture anyway.
1) Any excuse to use a picture of Doogie Howser should be taken whenever the opportunity presents itself!
2) He is a good coach that has a roster too lacking in talent. Next year they'll have a much better roster and I think he could have done quite well with that team.

Anyway, this game is not being broadcast on Fox Sports Wisconsin, so you'll need NBA League Pass to watch it. All the more reason to come out and watch it with fellow Bucks fans.

Bootleggers doesn't have League Pass, so going there isn't an option, not to mention that even if they did have it, they'd want to show the Orange Bowl on their main screen and use that audio.

Solution? Fanatics Sports Central in the Third Ward.
http://theofficialfanatics.com

They'll of course have the Orange Bowl on their main screen, so that's a bonus for you if you also want to watch that along with the Bucks game, but they've got lots of subsequent screens available for other sporting events. They have League Pass and assured me they would be showing the Bucks game. For picky viewers like me who can't stand not having the audio feed of the Bucks game I am watching, Fanatics sets you up with speakers in each booth that allow you to choose which audio you want to hear (Orange Bowl, Bucks game, etc.)

I've never had their food, but I've heard from two people that it was good. With that in mind, they have $0.40 wings tomorrow. Apparently that's considered a special price? If they say so...
:)

The drink special they have is 2 Spotted Cows for $4. That deal I definitely like.

Game time is 6:30pm. Pregame is 6pm, and when I'd suggest joining me there so we can get some good seats.

Hope to see you there!
And hopefully the Bucks give us a stellar game to watch!
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
DelfizzleDizzle
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: OT: MIL@NJN viewing @Fanatics 

Post#2 » by DelfizzleDizzle » Tue Jan 5, 2010 4:57 am

I might be down for that Godfather GAD. I heard there waz suppose to be some kind of viewing party at someones pad for this, but I heard he won't be around tommorow, so dis works too my homie.

P.S.-U the same dude who almost got in a fight with Bogans right?
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#3 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Jan 5, 2010 8:15 am

DelfizzleDizzle wrote: I heard there waz suppose to be some kind of viewing party at someones pad for this, but I heard he won't be around tommorow, so dis works too my homie.

Apparently that's the case.

DelfizzleDizzle wrote:P.S.-U the same dude who almost got in a fight with Bogans right?

That's not how I would characterize it :lol:

For those that hadn't heard, I was sitting courtside on my birthday along with bigkurty and LockDownD, courtesy of bigkurty. I somewhat spontaneously decided I wanted to get under the skin of one of the Spurs, and Bogans presented the best opportunity. It worked though. He ended up getting fairly ticked off at me. And then he made a whole slew of mistakes and kept glaring at me after every single one.

Another amusing aspect of the whole thing is that I actually liked Bogans when he was on the Bucks (and prior to that on the Magic). I actually meant to pass that on to him in the days that followed that game, but I forgot :)
97-98

Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,

I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,737

Post#4 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 5, 2010 10:50 am

Hey GAD, is this pic big enough for you or do you still want me to send it to you?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,737

Post#5 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 5, 2010 10:52 am

Also when are us Aussie Bucks going to get together for a game? Surely Paul has a giant tv connected to league pass right? Or is there a televised game coming up? Sorry for the thread hijack.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#6 » by bayrdbandit » Tue Jan 5, 2010 12:07 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Also when are us Aussie Bucks going to get together for a game? Surely Paul has a giant tv connected to league pass right?

So rumour has it...
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#7 » by blkout » Tue Jan 5, 2010 12:10 pm

I think the guy organizing the Melbourne meet said there was only 1 televised game and it was on at like 11am Wednesday or something.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#8 » by wichmae » Tue Jan 5, 2010 3:34 pm

GAD I am on call so wont be making it to this. Sorry to cut you off when you caled yesterday.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#9 » by Newz » Tue Jan 5, 2010 3:39 pm

I am going to have to miss this, sadly. :(
Bucks_the_trend
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#10 » by Bucks_the_trend » Tue Jan 5, 2010 3:52 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:For those that hadn't heard, I was sitting courtside on my birthday along with bigkurty and LockDownD, courtesy of bigkurty. I somewhat spontaneously decided I wanted to get under the skin of one of the Spurs, and Bogans presented the best opportunity.

What did you say?
Just wondering because it is not like he is one of the normal suspects with quite a resume to heckle about (Arenas, Artest, etc.).

Return to Milwaukee Bucks