ImageImage

Post Game: Bucks supply the Tacos

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BucksRUS
Analyst
And1: 12

Re: Post Game: Bucks supply the Tacos 

Post#41 » by BucksRUS » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:08 am

With the way Delfino played tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if we see JA play in the Portland game. So how many games are we going to win with a starting lineup of Bogut, Ersan, JA, Meeks, Jennings. You know that is where the Bucks are headed.
Trade S. Jackson soon. NJ seems like a nice place for him.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,063

Post#42 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:15 am

BucksRUS wrote:So how many games are we going to win with a starting lineup of Bogut, Ersan, JA, Meeks, Jennings.

Funny thing is, probably not that many fewer then our normal starting lineup.....
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,762

Post#43 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:17 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
BucksRUS wrote:So how many games are we going to win with a starting lineup of Bogut, Ersan, JA, Meeks, Jennings.

Funny thing is, probably not that many fewer then our normal starting lineup.....

It would be fun though.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#44 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:22 am

AussieBuck wrote:It would be fun though.

Watching Alexander play is always fun. A lot like Ukic, he always plays like he's being chased by a swarm of killer bees. Very amusing.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,762

Post#45 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:24 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:It would be fun though.

Watching Alexander play is always fun. A lot like Ukic, he always plays like he's being chased by a swarm of killer bees. Very amusing.

"Hey we lost but we are playing the kids" beats "we lost but damnit we are gritty as hell and our veterans could just nearly get near that 38 win 8th seed."
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#46 » by blkout » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:45 am

Total_Package
Banned User
And1: 49

Post#47 » by Total_Package » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 am

MVP4Champ wrote:I guess we'll finally get to see if this current team is better without Redd like so many people here have said.

That's already happened. Look at the record of the team prior to Redd coming in.

This team has been poisoned now.... no use saying look at the record from here on now that Redd has gone down again... Redd's come in... compltely messed up the offense and near on best in the league Defense we had going there.... and then left the building again via a stretcher. I can't see us pegging back any momentum now.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#48 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:31 am

Total_Package wrote:That's already happened. Look at the record of the team prior to Redd coming in.

Look at the stats Jennings had as well. He has yet to prove he can consistently do that again so I doubt we'll be better without Redd.
Total_Package
Banned User
And1: 49

Post#49 » by Total_Package » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:39 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Total_Package wrote:That's already happened. Look at the record of the team prior to Redd coming in.

Look at the stats Jennings had as well. He has yet to prove he can consistently do that again so I doubt we'll be better without Redd.

Absolutely. Everyone is riding Bogut's back for having the game he had but he was the one getting double teamed.... our guards are getting wide open jump shots and couldn't put the ball in the hole.... and it's been an issue with Jennings for over a month now.... yet he seems to escape a lot of scrutiny. If the guards hit their shots it would open things up for Bogut and he could get some of those nice easy dishes that Bynum gets.

This team looked damn good when we had an inside/outside game going... dump it inside... Bogut gets doubled.... Jennings made you pay. Now we have nothing but relying on Bogut too put up 25/10 a night because the guards couldn't hit the side of a barn.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#50 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:52 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Well, Jennings numbers without Redd are much better than with Redd, so now we'll get a chance to see if he can pick up his game again now that Redd is out. If not, well, that's going to be a problem :)
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#51 » by Jez2983 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:12 am

Total_Package wrote:Absolutely. Everyone is riding Bogut's back for having the game he had but he was the one getting double teamed.... our guards are getting wide open jump shots and couldn't put the ball in the hole.... and it's been an issue with Jennings for over a month now.... yet he seems to escape a lot of scrutiny. If the guards hit their shots it would open things up for Bogut and he could get some of those nice easy dishes that Bynum gets.

This team looked damn good when we had an inside/outside game going... dump it inside... Bogut gets doubled.... Jennings made you pay. Now we have nothing but relying on Bogut too put up 25/10 a night because the guards couldn't hit the side of a barn.

+1

He didn't play a bad game, by why not double Bogut all the time when guards can't hit a shot from outside?

That was a very bad game to watch. I stuck it on my work computer and was showing a patient "how awesome it is to watch basketball on the net". Cue 5 minutes of the Bucks sucking culminating in that Shannon Brown 1/2 court 3.

AussieBuck wrote:In Aussie football at least 20 players a year do a serious knee of some kind, that's why I've pwned every thread related to Redd's rehab. Usually it's a guy turning and his knee doesn't move the same way but sometimes it's a simple plant of the foot (like Redd tonight) and it's over. Hell I wouldn't be commiserating with MVP if I didn't think he was probably done for a good stretch.

Yeah, I'm not excited either. His lower leg stops on the court. In this situation anterior translation of the femur (forward slide of the thigh bone) can occur. The primary passive restraint to this is the ACL. The reason he won't be in pain if this is the case is that last time his MCL went, which is more painful. I hope it is a patella though.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Blockedshot
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#52 » by Blockedshot » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:21 am

The team hasnt been poisoned its just full of really crappy shooters. Bogut has to have a Huge game for them to even be in the ballpark at the moment. If they want to continue with the inside outside game they need to find someone who can hit it with some more consistency. Or the pain is just going to continue.

EDIT: I really like the look of Meeks, so if I had a choice I would switch him and Redd.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#53 » by Jez2983 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 am

Blockedshot wrote:EDIT: I really like the look of Meeks, so if I had a choice I would switch him and Redd.

Meeks shooting/shot selection this month (albeit 3 games) has been much better. That and Warrick's surprisingly un-stupid shot selection have been pleasant surprises this month.

As an aside, anyone know why Illy sat so much tonight? Is he not the second-best rebounder on this team? Did we not get killed by about 20 on the boards?

I'm firmly of the opinion we win most of the time when we out-rebound the opposition and shoot a decent 3 point percentage/hit outside shots in general. To me those are our keys, not whether a certain player has 10 rebounds/15 points or whatever.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Blockedshot
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#54 » by Blockedshot » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:37 am

Jez2983 wrote:
Blockedshot wrote:EDIT: I really like the look of Meeks, so if I had a choice I would switch him and Redd.

Meeks shooting/shot selection this month (albeit 3 games) has been much better. That and Warrick's surprisingly un-stupid shot selection have been pleasant surprises this month.

As an aside, anyone know why Illy sat so much tonight? Is he not the second-best rebounder on this team? Did we not get killed by about 20 on the boards?

I'm firmly of the opinion we win most of the time when we out-rebound the opposition and shoot a decent 3 point percentage/hit outside shots in general. To me those are our keys, not whether a certain player has 10 rebounds/15 points or whatever.

i think Skiles cracked the sads with him (again). Probably over him fouling early in the quarters.
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#55 » by BDUB_30 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:52 am

Cause Skiles has no idea what hes doing out there. imo, he is way to emotional to make solid decisions.

Im curious, when is the last time we heard anything from hammond?

I would not be suprised at all if hammond was very upset with the way skiles is coaching the team. Hes coaching like a guy who makes decisions based on ONE play. OHHH erson, you missed a box out, to the bench for the rest of the night you go, KT, get off your f'n wheel chair and show erson how to box out .....

At this point, watching skiles cut of his nose to spite his face is almost a nightly thing. Not that we had a chance in this game anyways, but skiles, once again, made SURE we didnt have a shot .
spartakus
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#56 » by spartakus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:23 am

glad i did'nt wast the bandwidth watching this. Were they doubling Bogut everytime he touched the ball??
FEAR THE DEER - ***on hold until further notice***
Mike X
Starter
And1: 13

Post#57 » by Mike X » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:07 am

Raced home from work to watch this game. Saw it was 3002-6 went, went for a swim. Now I learn Redd has broken down, were cursed I tells ya.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,788

Post#58 » by Ayt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
Yeah, I'm not excited either. His lower leg stops on the court. In this situation anterior translation of the femur (forward slide of the thigh bone) can occur. The primary passive restraint to this is the ACL. The reason he won't be in pain if this is the case is that last time his MCL went, which is more painful. I hope it is a patella though.

Yovanni Gallardo finished an inning, took his turn in the batting order, then went out and finished the next inning all with a torn ACL.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#59 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:50 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Do we still think Bogut >>> Bynum?

Andrew....Bynum.

Hands down! I keep saying that...and I won't recant it. Bynum all day long.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#60 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Jez2983 wrote:

Jodie Meeks just needs time. All you who question this kid and use spot minutes to judge him are foolish. Give me a role and consistent minutes and those shots will fall.
It is hard enough for a vet to produce like they can with the minutes he gets. But he needs to just be patient and keep doing what he is doing and find his pace and flow in the Pro game and he will be just fine.
I think he might be a better player then Brandon Jennings right now. I am liking his game less and less...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks