Image Image Image Image

Chicago trade deadline deals **UPDATED**

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:28 am

We gave Toronto TJ Brennan for him.... Kid is same size similar age and specializes in passing... Went the college route which IMO hurt his development a little.... Zero experience at big level minus a few mins last year... This is a shot at the board but he'll get a strong look for sure. He can really pass

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Chicago trade deadline deals: Spencer Abbott 

Post#2 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:06 am

It's foreshadowing to "bigger moves" that Stan Bowman alluded to today. Sounds like he's either going to make a big move by monday and/or shake the roster up (Sharp? Crow? or Bickell? going).

There was a rumor from one of the Chicago insiders today that possible Phil Kessell for Bickell (among other things). Hawks have also like Antoine Vermette the last few seasons. Most likely a Forward and D man is what they want to add for the stretch.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Chicago trade deadline deals: Spencer Abbott 

Post#3 » by TNBT » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Yeah, I heard the "big move on the horizon" talk as well. Have to be honest with you, as big as Bickell was in the playoffs for us, I'd pull the trigger on a deal for Kessell in a heart-beat. The guy doesn't play defence, but on the other hand, Bickell does jack in the regular season anyway. Also with Kane out, Kessell would help a lot to replace some of that offensive production.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Chicago trade deadline deals: Spencer Abbott 

Post#4 » by TNBT » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:27 am

Kimmo Timmonen traded to Chicago for picks. Just got the alert, will find out details.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Chicago trade deadline deals: Spencer Abbott 

Post#5 » by TNBT » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:30 am

2nd rounder in 2015 and a conditional pick in 2016 going to Philly.

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#6 » by GRADEN » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:07 am

That's a ton to give up for a guy 40 in 2 weeks.... I mean that's a ton..... I like the player a lot he really is a tremendous 2nd line blue liner but damn what will likely be a 2nd and a third wow.... Similar to the Jagr deal

Should be he and Hjalmarson now I'd assume with Oduya and TvR when he is ready (soon I hear)

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#7 » by GRADEN » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:10 am

PKess looks like the fat guy at the bar but somehow is one of the most naturally gifted offensive players of the decade lol.... That's my synopsis of him. And to answer the open air question, I'd trade Bickell, Danault, and our 1st for him and never think twice because he is elite and still young, 27 if memory serves

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Chicago trade deadline deals **UPDATED** 

Post#8 » by TNBT » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:33 am

Rumors are floating around that we're close to a major deal with Washington. It's being reported that we've had fist fights between players in the locker-room and that team chemistry is down the crapper, reportedly due to Sharp screwing Keith's wife and Crawford's fiancée. Take it as seriously as you like, and I don't claim to know either way, but that's what's being reported by multiple sources. If it's true, then get Sharp the hell off this team. He's old anyway and is starting to decline, plus is a big cap hit. If Washington (or any other team for that matter) will give us something of value for him then ship his ass out of town.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#9 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:16 am

Sharp's most likely getting moved, but I think it's much more about how he's been down this season, makes too much money, they need to open up more money for guys like Saad & they can still get something for him. It's been a long time coming as he's been shopped the last 2 seasons. The Hawks have capped themselves out between guys you had to pay (Kane, Toews, Keith & Hossa) and guys they've overpaid in the long run because they had a good playoff run and were do a new deal at the right time but were easily replaceable (Seabrook, Crawford, Bickell). No GM has a crystal ball. I'm sure Stan Bowman re-thinks some of these deals every summer when he has to play with the roster.

As for the "rumor", it came from David Diehl. Right or wrong, I really don't care. Just consider the source. Players don't get traded for that. If teams traded guys who sleep with wives, girlfriends, etc. a team would be making a move every week.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by TNBT » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:56 am

Like I said with the rumor, I don't know where it started or the validity of the original source, but I've heard it reported a lot. Also having known someone with friends in the hockey world, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, given what I've heard about Sharp in the past.

As for how often it happens, call me naïve, but I wouldn't have thought it would be that much. I guess I always figured there was something of a code, or a line you don't cross, between team-mates. Given how team chemistry impacts on team performance (aka wins and losses), and how being part of a successful team can help players earn significantly more money, I'd have thought there'd be a limit with how far someone would screw their team-mates, even if only for those selfish reasons.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#11 » by GRADEN » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:30 pm

I'm just shocked right now..... I always pictured him as such a family guy with Abby

Is this legit?

Erixon waived

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by TNBT » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:31 pm

No one knows for sure, G. There's just a lot of rumors floating around, all saying pretty much the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's true though.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by TNBT » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:09 am

Just got Vermette for Dahlbeck and a 1st rounder, I believe.

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by TNBT » Sun Mar 1, 2015 5:24 am

Any thoughts on this trade? A lot of people are saying that it was a steep price to pay for a rental, as many believe that we won't be able to afford to re-sign him and that he has apparently said he wants to go back to Arizona.

I haven't heard anything official either way, but I'm curious to find out what you guys think. Will Vermette stay if we can afford him? And if we move Sharp, Bickell, etc will we be able to afford him?

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by TNBT » Sun Mar 1, 2015 6:17 am

GRADEN wrote:I'm just shocked right now..... I always pictured him as such a family guy with Abby

Is this legit?

Erixon waived

I was just reading this article: http://www.hockeyfeed.com/breaking-news ... ates-wife/

Basically says what a lot of other reports are saying. Take it as seriously as you want.

EDIT - Also just saw this article too: http://sportsmockery.com/2015/02/did-pa ... ates-wife/
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#16 » by GRADEN » Sun Mar 1, 2015 7:06 am

He is Irish good looking with money and women all around him... So out comes the wanton.... What a deek... He basically ruined our team

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#17 » by GRADEN » Sun Mar 1, 2015 7:08 am

Btw... I hate this Vermette deal.... We now have no 1st/2nd... And Klas was a very nice prospect btw

Absolutely bad rubbish deal... We already paid Richards for this role right?

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by TNBT » Sun Mar 1, 2015 7:12 am

Forgetting the cost for a second, what do you think of Vermette as a player? Would you want him to be kept next season if possible?

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#19 » by ADDinChicago » Sun Mar 1, 2015 8:47 am

I like the Vermette deal to finally happen after about 4 trade deadlines because it shows the Hawks are in it to win it this season. I honestly don't care about the picks right now. I'm sure they'll try and keep him next season. Cap should slightly go up, and Sharp's deal should be gone (despite what his agent is saying).
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,763

Post#20 » by Jeffster81 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 6:06 pm

I love this deal. The first rd pick the Hawks gave up will be closer to 2nd round pick value anyways. I like to think the Hawks gave up an early 2nd round pick rather than a late first round pick. While I like Dahlbeck, the Hawks still have Pokka, Johns, Paliotta, and Fournier, among others still in the system. The Hawks gave up a good, but replaceable prospect.

The Hawks once got a first round pick for Troy Brouwer. I think between Sharp, Bickell and perhaps even Brent Seabrook (least likely but he is a pending FA after next season I believe), the Hawks will likely get back both the 1st and the 2nd rd picks they gave up for Kimmo and Vermette. The bemoaning of a lost 1st/2nd round pick is probably premature. If the Hawks don't get those picks back by the draft and/or don't make addeep playoff run, then this trade will flat. Given that Stan doesn't do this kind of moves every year, I'm ok with what Bowman has done this weekend. With that said it wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks end up with Toronto, Winnipeg, or Tampa Bay secondary 1st round pick.

As for Vermette, he should give the Hawks that bonafide #2 centre who is a really good two way player the Hawks have been needing for a while. His presence will take pressure off of Captain Serious #19 and allows him to get less minutes, which a fresher #19. And should the Hawks stay alive long enough for Kane to return then the Hawks become very dangerous.

As for re-signing....not likely. He is looking for $6mill per, allegedly, and given that he is already 32, unless he takes a 2-3 year deal, I don't think the Hawks will look at Vermette as anything more than a rental.

But I am loving this deal for what it is. This is likely the LAST RUN for this group of core players (Kane/Toews/Keith/Seabrook/Hossa/Sharp,etc), and Stan wanted to go for it before retooling happens. So I love this move.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks