Image Image Image Image

Blackhawks offseason plan discussion

Moderator: TNBT

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Blackhawks offseason plan discussion 

Post#41 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:45 am

GRADEN wrote:Anisimov has been called by our guys a two way center whom is good on the PK right? Or did I make that up... Who knows I got kids lol. Toews AA Tuevo, is Kruger gonna play 4th? Nah he is way too good and his value is super high right now... If I were a team I'd definitely give up a decent prospect and a 3/4 for him and sign him to say a 2/5.5

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Kruger would be the 2nd or 3rd line center and is still extremely valuable on that 2nd PK line. Tuevo or Desjardin stay as a wing. Q is very good at getting guys to slide out of position if need be. Out side of Toews & Anisimov (for now) the others seem to be very willing to move off center if asked.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,145

Post#42 » by molepharmer » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:30 am

Sounds like both Oduya and Kruger have deals in place but are waiting to see if Stan can clear the cap space. Now, I couldn't tell from the report whether the deals were from other teams or if they'd worked out something with the Blackhawks pending cap space availability.

I also read somewhere that players need to file for arbitration by July 5 (????). Rumor was that, Kruger is reported to be doing this. So something would happen probably with Kruger this weekend.

Great news to have ADJ back at such a cheap price.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#43 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:34 pm

molepharmer wrote:Sounds like both Oduya and Kruger have deals in place but are waiting to see if Stan can clear the cap space. Now, I couldn't tell from the report whether the deals were from other teams or if they'd worked out something with the Blackhawks pending cap space availability.

I also read somewhere that players need to file for arbitration by July 5 (????). Rumor was that, Kruger is reported to be doing this. So something would happen probably with Kruger this weekend.

Great news to have ADJ back at such a cheap price.

Kruger most likely has a new deal agreed to with the Hawks once they free up the room. Otherwise, I think he would have signed an offer sheet by now. I had not heard about arbitration. Nor do I know how it would work as he's an RFA. It's not like baseball where you get to negotiate a new deal while under "team control". So that's interesting and I need to research that.

Oduya most likely has an offer from another club, but is going to wait and see if the Hawks can match or come close. He at first apparently wanted to get paid, but he also really likes it here. I'm hoping both players end up staying.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#44 » by TNBT » Sun Jul 5, 2015 8:25 am

What's wrong with playing Kruger on the 4th line? I agree with you that he's good enough to play 3rd or even 2nd line on other teams, but if no one offers him big money and he wants to return, then having him on the 4th just makes our line-up even stronger. Of course, this is all assuming that no other big moves are made, which almost certainly will. At this point, I'm seeing Toews - Anisimov- Dano at C on the first 3 lines, with Kruger centering the 4th and being a key player on the penalty kill. If we do move one or more of Sharp, Bickell and Versteeg, then I'd think Dano moves to one of the vacant wing spots, allowing Kruger to move to the 3rd line if need be.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#45 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:39 am

Nothing's "wrong" with playing Kruger on the 4th line. It's just usually not the Coach Q way. Especially when Kruger anchors the 2nd PK line. Usually you see a 3rd liner do that. Rarely a 4th.

I too think Dano, like Teravienen, will move off his natural position of C to a wing. Team's deep and they'll do well doing so. Don't forget Dejerdins is back and he's also a C naturally. It's a good problem to have.
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#46 » by GRADEN » Tue Jul 7, 2015 12:06 am

What we thinking? The way it is today....

LW Shaw - Steeger - Sharp - Bickell - Panarin
C Toews - Anisimov - Kruger - Dano
RW Hossa - Kane - Tuevo - Desjardins - Hartman

D keith - Hjalmarson - Gustaffson - Pokka
D Seabs - TvR - Runblad - Schilling

G Crawford - Darling

Idk still scared of that blue depth... We've made some small moves lately in Gustaffson and Schillimg to help the depth but they are simply fillers... We need either Johns / Pokka / Fournier to get ready real quick

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#47 » by GRADEN » Tue Jul 7, 2015 12:18 am

Tikhonov needs bicks to leave or be bought out ... He can out play him offensively obviously

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#48 » by TNBT » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:09 am

Another goalie gone...

We just send Anders Nilsson to Edmonton for 20 year-old forward Liam Coughlin. He was a 5th round pick (130th overall) in 2014, but I don't know anything else about him.
molepharmer
Head Coach

Post#49 » by molepharmer » Tue Jul 7, 2015 11:40 am

GRADEN wrote:Tikhonov needs bicks to leave or be bought out ... He can out play him offensively obviously

Supposedly the time frame for buying out a player has past. Blackhawks can no longer buy out Bickell. Going to have to trade him or LTIR which is highly unlikely.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#50 » by GRADEN » Tue Jul 7, 2015 6:45 pm

Yea I did know that just po'd we didn't.... Stan must hear he had a fish on or something...

We just signed TvR to extension!!! 2/1.65 which is basically the same deal as ADJ so fantastic job to keep 2 great bottom 6 options in the fold for the future.

Yea I actually liked Nilsson

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#51 » by TNBT » Wed Jul 8, 2015 9:34 am

I don't know much about Nilsson, but I'm starting to wonder what Stan is doing with his transactions. We had a lot of goalie depth so it made sense to deal some from a position of strength to help elsewhere, but when is it enough? Raanta, Nilsson and Carruth are all gone now, and none of them brought in anyone particularly special or desirable for us. Now we have Crawford and Darling at NHL level and Leighton starting at Rockford, and that's about it. Assuming we have some injuries throughout the year, or even just need to rest someone at some point, what do we do? Where does our depth come from in that event?
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#52 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Jul 8, 2015 9:52 pm

TNBT wrote:I don't know much about Nilsson, but I'm starting to wonder what Stan is doing with his transactions. We had a lot of goalie depth so it made sense to deal some from a position of strength to help elsewhere, but when is it enough? Raanta, Nilsson and Carruth are all gone now, and none of them brought in anyone particularly special or desirable for us. Now we have Crawford and Darling at NHL level and Leighton starting at Rockford, and that's about it. Assuming we have some injuries throughout the year, or even just need to rest someone at some point, what do we do? Where does our depth come from in that event?

You have to keep in mind what it does for the guys traded away. They were NEVER getting to the NHL and maybe not even the AHL if they weren't there already with the Blackhawks depth. It's a courtesy for them to maybe finally get a chance.

Raanta was making too much and is too good to be playing in Rockford for example. Leighton's only there because he's at the end and knows what he's there for. He's basically a defacto coach up there. And so on.

It's Bowman making good with players. Same reason he trades away a lot of younger position players that don't fit the scheme of things. It's to show good faith and also shows fringe players that if you sign into the organization and are good you'll either be with us or we will send you somewhere you can play.

None of these guys or these types of guys are ever going to net you back anything large or stellar. Especially with goalies, Bowman and his people scout them very well. He'll reload and quickly.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#53 » by TNBT » Thu Jul 9, 2015 4:56 am

You're probably right as far as giving guys opportunities to play. I'm just a little concerned that we're leaving ourselves a bit thin at the position.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#54 » by GRADEN » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:17 am

Sorry I've been Mia... Potty training

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#55 » by TNBT » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:29 am

No worries G. We all get caught up with stuff in life.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
molepharmer
Head Coach

Post#56 » by molepharmer » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:09 pm

Stating the obvious here but with 16-17 forwards on the roster, not counting Kruger, Stan's got plenty of work still to do. I'm assuming he can stick a couple in the AHL but that seems unlikely considering the players involved. Dumping Bickell will open up one spot. Maybe the remaining excess can be dumped for mediocre prospects or late round future draft choices. I don't think the excess can be valued as sweeteners to get rid of Bicks, except maybe some of the AHL'ers.

Panarin - Toews - Hossa
Dano - Anisimov - Kane
Tikhonov - TT - Bickell
Shaw - Kruger(?) - ADJ

leaves Garbutt, Tropp, Morin, Versteeg, Nordstrom(?)
and that's without using any current AHL'ers like Danault, Baun, McNeil, Hartman
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#57 » by TNBT » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:54 am

molepharmer wrote:Stating the obvious here but with 16-17 forwards on the roster, not counting Kruger, Stan's got plenty of work still to do. I'm assuming he can stick a couple in the AHL but that seems unlikely considering the players involved. Dumping Bickell will open up one spot. Maybe the remaining excess can be dumped for mediocre prospects or late round future draft choices. I don't think the excess can be valued as sweeteners to get rid of Bicks, except maybe some of the AHL'ers.

Panarin - Toews - Hossa
Dano - Anisimov - Kane
Tikhonov - TT - Bickell
Shaw - Kruger(?) - ADJ

leaves Garbutt, Tropp, Morin, Versteeg, Nordstrom(?)
and that's without using any current AHL'ers like Danault, Baun, McNeil, Hartman

Switch TT and Dano, then dump Bickell and put Versteeg in his 3rd line spot and I'm right with you. Alternatively if you dump Versteeg too, then Garbutt takes that spot.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#58 » by GRADEN » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:05 am

Thinking the lines like this right now...

Shaw - steeger - Tuevo - Bickell - Garbutt
Toews - Anisimov - Kruger - Panarin - Ross
Hossa - Kane - ADJ - Dano - Tikhonov - McNeil

Keith - Hjalmarson- TvR - Gustafson
Seabs - Daley - Runblad - Schilling

Who knows though... I feel 100% about the top 6s and their pairings but after that it's a crap shoot

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#59 » by ADDinChicago » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:12 am

They've made it sound like Anisimov will be on the third line with Dano, which would make sense since they've played together. Kruger on line 2. Line 4 would be Panarin or Desjardin if they moved him back to his natural slot.

Tuevo might be on the first line as well if you listen to the "experts".

As for the D, Daley might not even be here. Word is Bowman's trying to flip him to re-sign Oduya. He and Q both adore Oduya, and Oduya still hasn't signed. Would make sense and be quite good for everyone (well, except Daley). Just waiting for the FA market to die down a tad and target a team who missed someone they were hoping to sign. Similar to Bickell and maybe Versteeg. This team is still going to be scary good. For the position the Hawks are/were in, they've done quite well.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#60 » by GRADEN » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:31 pm

Oduya gone

Return to Chicago Blackhawks