Post#1 » by GRADEN » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:30 am

Yes,,,,,,,

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Sharp gone!!!!!!!! 

Post#2 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:43 am

I'm only upset that he took Johns with him.

As I said before, I appreciate all Sharpy did here. However... for his age, contract & production level now I'm not sad to see him go in the slightest. Hopefully, Bickell's next to go.
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Sharp gone!!!!!!!! 

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:47 am

Along with Stephen Johns for D Trevor Daley and LW Ryan Garrrrrrrrbutt (snl anyone)

Well I said many times we'd have to throw in a decent prospect to move sharp or Bicks and that is exactly what happened

Daley immediately fills our huge hole on the second pairing and is a fantastic replacement for Oduya. He is respected and hard working Dman whom just had a career year in points and shot percentage

Garbutt is a vet winger that is at home on the 3rd line and is a dependable play maker

Obviously we didn't get equal value but we moved a bad 5.9 and solved a huge defensive issue.... Mission accomplished

Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,617

Post#4 » by Betta Bulleavit » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:50 am

Yeah, losing Johns in this deal hurts. Especially considering that this deal only saves the Hawks about 2.5 mil in space. I think that just goes to show you what most executives that are in the know think about Sharp.

Hard caps suck....
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#5 » by TNBT » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:06 am

I just got home and saw the trade. As much as we all knew Sharp was overpaid, it still sucks to see him go. That cup-winning core were so great in their primes that I wish we could have somehow frozen them in time. Thanks for the bit of breakdown of our new players, G, but can you go into as much detail as you can about them and where you see them playing for us? Like will they be AHL bodies or on the NHL roster? If they're up at NHL level, where do they play in the line-up and most importantly, whose spots do they take?
GRADEN
Head Coach

Sharp gone!!!!!!!! 

Post#6 » by GRADEN » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:20 am

Dallas has nooooooo issues taking star talents with a taste for bunnies

Washington got their top 6, so did the pens and younger and better ones too

GRADEN
Head Coach

Sharp gone!!!!!!!! 

Post#7 » by GRADEN » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:14 am

Yea working on my hugggge preview but all this potty training is giving me zero free time

Daley will pair on the second line and be rock solid taking Oduya's spot,, he and Hjalmarson should mesh well.... Expect 18-21 TOI

Rocket Grenade Bazooka should fill in at the NHL 3/4 lines on the left side

There are a ton of NHL bodies that can play for us on the left so it will be tough to crack above the 3rd for him and even then I'd venture a Steeger or Shaw has a day off

Guys on the left or potentially

Shaw - Steeger - Bickell - Panarin - Tuevo - Garbutt - Desjardins - VT

Heck we just resigned big Rass too

There are 8-10 NHL caliber guys that can play left for us already.... Issue is how many of these guys are really top 6 ready?

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#8 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:15 am

Betta Bulleavit wrote:Yeah, losing Johns in this deal hurts. Especially considering that this deal only saves the Hawks about 2.5 mil in space. I think that just goes to show you what most executives that are in the know think about Sharp.

Hard caps suck....

It's only $1.7 mil with the deals coming back. Basically, this was a "this is the best we can do" deal. The Hawks & Bowman couldn't keep waiting. Bickell and maybe Versteeg should be gone soon too. The Hawks have Kruger & Oduya in a holding pattern (and now with this deal they might tell Oduya to take the Sabres' offer) who desperately want to re-sign in Chicago and to their credit have waited patiently to not agree to a deal elsewhere.

Other GMs are playing hardball as well is my guess knowing the spot the Hawks are in.

At least the Stars picked up the whole tab on Sharp. But I'm sure it was a give us Johns or no deal type of thing. It is what it is. Really surprised Bowman sent Sharp in the division as well. But again, if it's the best offer...
GRADEN
Head Coach

Sharp gone!!!!!!!! 

Post#9 » by GRADEN » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:54 am

Yea wash / pens filled their needs and it really left us with bad deals left....

Johns wasn't going to be a huge cog in the Hawks rotation... He certainly could be in the stars, but not ours

Don't worry we still have the two youngsters whom I love getting better and better all the time

Yea it's 1.7 BUT we got back the Dman we needed so we gained more than just the money save

Daley is 3.3 which if memory serves is very close to Oduya's number last year.... Slightly less maybe

Makes me a lil sick how well that worked for sharp..... No state income tax, bigger role, nice weather etc....

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Sharp gone!!!!!!!! 

Post#10 » by TNBT » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:01 am

See I was looking at the roster and saw that with Sharp and Bickell gone, we would have a spot for everyone, excluding the prospects. In this deal though, we brought back another forward, so that doesn't help clear the logjam. If we dumped Sharp and Bickell without taking back another forward, I had this in mind:

Panarin, Toews, Hossa, Teravainen, Anisimov, Kane as our top 6 forwards, and then...

Versteeg, Dano, Tikhonov, Shaw, Kruger, Desjardins as our bottom 6 forwards.

Now that we've added Garbutt though, who do we leave out? Or do we use Garbutt as a 13th forward who plays intermittently when others need rest?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,131

Post#11 » by molepharmer » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:07 pm

Knew Sharp had to go and the return wasn't going to match his production. Tough that it also cost Johns to get rid of him though. At least now StanB has a couple more moveable smaller contracts rather than the $5.9 behemoth.

Daley does probably signal the loss of Oduya. I'm guessing StanB is figuring Daley is a slightly cheaper, and younger, 4thD man. He's supposedly a much faster skater than JO. Hopefully his defensive awareness can improve on the Hawks while playing next to Jammer.

I think you can look at this as a cap savings of actually $2.5 mil with Dallas retaining half of Garbutt's salary. Garbutt for Hawks cost $900K which is basically the price of anybody filling that spot. So cap savings would be difference between Sharp and Daley.

If Bickell's not moveable due to injury (vertigo) then Hawks probably need to move either Shaw or Versteeg or both to re-sign Kruger.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
GRADEN
Head Coach

Sharp gone!!!!!!!! 

Post#12 » by GRADEN » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

No one keeps a guy 11 years unless they are good and dependable....

Daley is a superb 4th in our scheme

Well Panarin and VT are going to have to earn a spot so I'm assuming one of them will not start at the NHL level

They are talented scorers and play makers but Q wants two way or the highway most of the time so it will take them time... I'd venture Panarin has some learning to do first

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Sharp gone!!!!!!!! 

Post#13 » by TNBT » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:30 am

Personally I've got Panarin on my top line, and Tikhonov on the third. Assuming we dump Bickell without taking on another forward, then I use Garbutt in a rotation with guys like Versteeg, Shaw and Desjardins, with one of them sitting out in any particular game.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Chicago Blackhawks