Post#21 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:56 am

If bite marks and scratches are all it takes, a lot of us would be in trouble
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#22 » by TNBT » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:47 pm

True. Last time I checked, rough sex wasn't illegal. There's every chance that's what happened if that's all the evidence they have... Certainly enough for reasonable doubt at the very least.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#23 » by ADDinChicago » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:13 am

At least it was reported today the girl is 26, and not underage. So I guess that's "good news". And her story is she and a friend met Kane at a Buffalo bar and went back to his house where he took the girl into another room and you can guess what happened. (And this is all in the Buffalo news, no one else has jumped on it, other than the girl's age)

Witnesses are saying (or claiming) that the girl was so overserved and drunk at the bar, she was "slumped over Kane's shoulder all night". If that's true, then the bar should be in trouble as well. Also, the defense can argue she was "aware" and "agreed to sex". The prosecution can argue "she wasn't capable of consenting to sex". Someone has to have a camera video or pics. I'm actually surprised nothing has been online yet. When he was drinking in Madison, there were 9590437950 pics days later.

Apparently, Kane's gf was at the private Cup party in Buffalo over the weekend. (Not that that means anything one way or the other)

Then there's a rumor today that one of the girl's friends already blabbed about "we're getting a million dollars". Which, if true, really mucks this up even more. Just a really bad situation for everyone involved.
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#24 » by GRADEN » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:34 am

Screams of the Kobe girl Kaitlynn (whom be fugly)

Girl sees dude, girl has sex with dude, next day oh he did this and I want money.... Same like roethlisberger.... Girl went into bathroom with him,,, well shoot girl what the heck u think u went into that room for... Deep thoughts.... Deep something, just not thoughts....

Puns aside I am well versed in the bars over serving laws and let me just say they are all BS as someone could take 5 shots at one bar and then fall over drunk at another after 3 shots there and the second place is in trouble.... Or if someone has her card and orders 2 drinks each time and said person drinks 1 of 2 of say 3 orders the court will charge the bar for 6 serves unless there is clear video proof which even in a high end place is hard to target... The bar is in trouble and pays any damages say a car accident or disorderly defacement charge etc....

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#25 » by ADDinChicago » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:32 am

I'm a bartender, and the bar is NOT responsible for someone's actions due to Dram Shop Law. They can still be civilly sued, but say there's an accident or a DUI, the bar isn't fined nor are the owners/servers arrested (maybe a fun visit from the police). And usually the civil suits are dismissed or settled out of court as no bartender is forcing a patron to drink.

Yes, they can get fined, lose a liquor license, etc. if caught overserving or serving someone underage, etc. (stings are always fun)
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#26 » by ADDinChicago » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:01 am

As, expected, no one is taking this lightly (other than some Hawks fans that need to take a step back and at least respect the allegations and put their fandom aside for ten seconds) as EA Sports took Kane off of the "NHL 16" cover and the NHL is "monitoring the outcome of the proceedings extremely closely). New cover will just feature Jonathan Toews and the Cup.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Kaner back in trouble? 

Post#27 » by TNBT » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:59 am

ADDinChicago wrote:As, expected, no one is taking this lightly (other than some Hawks fans that need to take a step back and at least respect the allegations and put their fandom aside for ten seconds)

Are you referring to anyone on this forum, or just some Hawks fans in general?

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#28 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:56 am

TNBT wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:As, expected, no one is taking this lightly (other than some Hawks fans that need to take a step back and at least respect the allegations and put their fandom aside for ten seconds)

Are you referring to anyone on this forum, or just some Hawks fans in general?

I'm referring to Twitter/Facebook. No, the Hawks fans here seem to have a grasp of the reality and severity of the allegations.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by TNBT » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:27 am

Fair enough. I'd like to think that the Blackhawks community we have here, however small, understand the situation and don't just want to ignore it. I absolutely love watching the guy play, and he's a massive part of our chances of adding more Stanley Cup(s) in the future, but hockey has to take a back seat at times like this. If he honestly did rape someone, and there's the evidence to prove that, then he deserves to cop whatever punishment he receives, even if that means a lengthy suspension.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,144

Post#30 » by molepharmer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:01 pm

Kane's driver that evening..........
http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/08/15/off-duty-officer-was-kanes-driver-on-night-of-alleged-rape/

About the only thing I'm convinced of in this mess, is that we'll probably never know what truly happened inside the house, let alone what might have happened between Kane and the accuser behind closed doors.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#31 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:46 am

Someone's going to get a pile of money to just go away I think. Right or wrong. It'll be like when Mike Ribiero was accused of hooking up with an underage girl. Unfortunately (and that in the if not charged, not enough evidence, etc. realm), now with it being 2015, Kane's probably getting suspended even if not charged.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#32 » by TNBT » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:37 am

You know guys, I think you're probably right. I don't think anyone is ever going to actually know what did or didn't happen in that room except for Kane and the woman.

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#33 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:31 pm

TNBT wrote:You know guys, I think you're probably right. I don't think anyone is ever going to actually know what did or didn't happen in that room except for Kane and the woman.

Yes. Likely nobody will ever know, except for two people (maybe a few more if it was a scam), what really happened. It sucks, because either way, whatever happens now, cannot be good in any way. We, as Blackhawk fans will always have to wonder. Everyone will. Unless the girl is a pulling a scam and, say, maybe her friend was involved and she blabs to someone, or even confesses later... or maybe there is evidence of some other kind that he was set up. Who knows? I hope that happens, because it is the only outcome where Kaner can be made whole again. In the eyes of the public and in the eyes of the companies who he had endorsements with, worth MILLIONS of dollars, that he's lost. If she gets paid off people will always think.. "maybe Kane is a some kind of creep who forced himself on the girl". In that case, only if true, would he deserve the hell he has to go through. Only then would he deserve to lose endorsements and millions of dollars. Having to live knowing that most women (all people) he meets are wondering if he really is a rapist... knowing even his biggest fans aren't really sure about him. If she's lying, all I can say is what a shame it is that somebody can just ruin another persons life so easily and get rich doing it.

For Kane's sake, I hope this girl is just a scammer looking for a buck and she gets caught somehow. That is what I would like to think happened. But, the truth is that I'll probably never know. And not knowing sucks because you have to also consider that she is telling the truth. That sucks even more.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by TNBT » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:42 pm

I couldn't agree more. I hadn't considered the confession thing - either her admitting it was a scam and she lied, or him admitting he raped her. I really doubt either of those things will actually happen though, and like you said, it will likely end up with a payout settlement out of court and we will be left wondering for the rest of his career if we're cheering for and wearing the jersey of a rapist.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,947

Post#35 » by JN » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:05 pm

GRADEN wrote:Holy crap

Look he is no angel... I remember when he was drafted and at 18 was let into a club and my buddy went back into VIP to see what was up there and said he saw Kane getting a dblbj (read into that abbreviation if u can) and Kane just gave my buddy a shrug of the shoulders and a chuckle he said.... Now look that is pretty common, seguin anyone, but this is crazy... First all the sharp rumor stuff and this. At this point I'm just hoping for a back alley couple million Kobe hush money deal. If not, we are looking at a big suspension right?

Ny precedence in the NHL for convicted rape? Or how about alleged?

Now there is a possibility that Kane never committed the crime. So the hush money could be to make it go away (if it happened or not)

But to hope that a player on your team pays someone hush money even if they committed a brutal crime in order to play for your team -- that is disgusting.
DaRev
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#36 » by DaRev » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:42 pm

It's amazing how much this investigation has been hushed by the media. Sexual assault is such a big topic right now in society, especially with elite athletes. I would expect more rumors and conflicting reports. It makes me nervous about the truth
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#37 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:18 pm

I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#38 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:57 pm

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#39 » by GRADEN » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:15 am

Sorry gents been traveling and family stuff for a bit..... Well on the bar tending thing the DSL is total BS and u and other establishments that were proven to serve said person that caused public / private damage is going to go after you. The OIT is a crap enforcement that is impossible to prove. Our place was completely shaken down by said scenario along with the 2 places across the street for a lot of money just so the articles and months of lawyer bills were avoided.... So while u as a bartender have little to worry about in terms of OIT awareness or proof of over serving the est has basically what amounts to the choice to take the time to try and go through the footage / receipts etc... Just to have a smudge of proof against a claim... The places can be liable for damages off-site if it is a clear and video established over-serve / gross-neglect.... Which brings me to this... We know each other from Chicago? My user name would tell u all u need to know

On the Kane hush money comment.... I made this in reference to the fact that I think this girl knowingly made this decision and now I just want it to go away... Much like Kobe or roethlisberger and their accusers.... One followed a married man into his hotel room them bragged about his size and the other came into a bathroom with ben.... This accuser came to his house in the middle of the night after a night partying and drinking (all apparently)

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#40 » by TNBT » Fri Sep 4, 2015 9:16 am

Has anyone heard anything new on this? It feels like we've heard nothing for a long time now... Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks