Duncan Keith out indefinitely

Moderator: TNBT

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Duncan Keith out indefinitely 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:28 am

Just got an alert on my phone that Keith has been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing for intent to injure after swinging his stick at the head of another player. I'm at work now so I didn't see the game, but it just sounds really out of character for him. Can someone provide more info on the situation and what led up to the incident?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Duncan Keith out indefinitely 

Post#2 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:09 am

He swung his stick into a Wild player's face. He's going to get suspended as cases previous to this never go in the offender's favor. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sitting the final 5 regular season games. It was a stupid act on his part.

I think it was a frustration move and he lost his cool (and I don't think he really intended to hit Coyle in the face like he did). The Wild were being their usual chippy selves hitting the Hawks as expected. Keith got knocked down by Coyle and Coyle made no effort to get out of Keith's way so Keith could get back up and he swung his stick up while laying on the ground and hit Coyle in the face.

Unfortunately, Keith already has served a 5-gamer in the past for an elbow to the head. So my guess of 5 could be low when all factors are levied in his hearing.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#3 » by TNBT » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:54 am

Fair enough. I hope he's only sitting out the regular season, because we're going to need him in the playoffs.

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#4 » by ADDinChicago » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Sounds like he's getting at minimum 6 games because the NHL offered him an in person hearing.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#5 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Apr 1, 2016 10:17 pm

Keith waived his in-person hearing and had a phone conference with the league today. New angles of video have also come out as to why Keith retaliated. Not that it will help his case, but it might. Either way, he's probably getting 6-10 games, regardless unless the new video really helped him out.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#6 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Apr 2, 2016 9:56 am

Keith got 6 games. So 1 playoff game missed
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by TNBT » Sat Apr 2, 2016 12:49 pm

Yep, I just saw that today at work. Not ideal, but certainly not as bad as it could have been.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks