Image Image Image Image

Hawks vs Panthers series (G3 and G4)

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Hawks vs Panthers series (G3 and G4) 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:07 pm

Well 2-2 in the 3rd until we lost our resolve to end up 5-2 again.

Look we are going to lose... most likely the worst record in the league. This is about goaltending and turnovers.

I must say though, dang the guys have really improved in faceoffs. Strome is playing well on the drop.

Through 3 we are down 15-5... next game Tuesday
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: Hawks vs Panthers series (G3 and G4) 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:21 pm

My last thought on first 3 games as Boqvist is a big topic:

If this was a normal development curve for a #8 pick on D his call up would this season.

Evan Bouchard whom I am record as saying that’s the dude I want had an under 9game rookie try and he wasn’t ready and now at 21 is waiting for the AHL season to start.

He was Boqvist pairing on London of the OHL where he was frankly better than Boqvist.

He is too young, not experienced enough, and not physically ready for this type of demand.

It is John / Stan / JC fail on this.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: Hawks vs Panthers series (G3 and G4) 

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:45 pm

Ok so last night G4 definitely better.

Lankanen never leaving the blue was hilarious btw... I think he did one stop behind the net in first minute and then never again.

Overall he was ok, made some good stops for sure. Out of the 3 he was the best though that was sure.

I’m loving what Hagel did last night... tons of big time hustle all over the place. He made 2 aggressive battles into scoring chances. He was big time.

Kubalik obviously coming through, 6 hard circle shots / 2 in the net. Kane skills coming through with space although he lost pretty much any board battle with no space. I get it...

Cat has been our most consistent player on the entire roster and I don’t think it’s up for debate.

The D.... bad again. Z handling too much / pretty slow out there. His shifts past 30seconds are rough to watch... you can see him breathing hard. I’m not 6’6 245 though.

Boqvist better for sure, had 2 bad turnovers still. Glad he came back after the hit... shows me his will.

Mitchell solid but did have 2 bad players... 1 led to goal.

He hedged and then hesitated for a full second and that led to CVH getting a full step on him. That goal was indeed his fault. But he hustles like a true D and I do enjoy his game.

And the surprise to me: De Haan! Wow when healthy while yea very slow he is quite smart and dependable out there. I enjoyed his game tonight.

Keith ekkkk pretty rough night. All over the place.

Btw - hawks killing it in the faceoffs through 4 - Strome / wallmark look really good in a there

Return to Chicago Blackhawks