Image Image Image Image

HAWKS RECAP 3 Games into KING

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

HAWKS RECAP 3 Games into KING 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:51 pm

Well I certainly didn't want to write anything about the Hawks these first weeks of the season: Q, Bowman, McIssac all ousted for their non-action in the Kyle Beach fiasco. Can't even begin to wrap my head around it to be honest. The 100+ page document is horrific to put it mildly. Recent news that his settlement won't be finished quickly is also disturbing... he wants 20m perhaps and they are thinking 8-10?? Ok, well give it to him. If he wants 25m then do that too.

Soon after, Colliton gets fired. Look... I, nor anyone, should have anything against him... he seems like a nice guy and he truly believed in his system. We didn't have fast skating D and in the end that is what his system would work with. It didn't happen and therefore he didn't win. King comes on and is just a breathe of fresh air. Calm, genuine, and trusting. While we haven't played anyone world beating it is still nice to go 3-0.

My thoughts on our team so far:

Kane / DeBrincat are clearly our 2 most skilled players and Cat actually is super dependable in both zones.
Dach has been amazing, his points haven't been there lately but he's played great
Toews has been ok... a little slow footed... but has come on lately
Fleury is hit or miss it seems, Lanky a bit more trustworthy so far
Jones after a rough start has been legit- keeps tough pucks in zone a ton too
McCabe has been BAD... slow, turnovers, little to say good so far
Entwistle is a more skilled wing than I thought... has offensive skill
Hagel is do everything middle 6... just plays all out everytime
Borgstrom - skates too upright but clearly has big time skill
Gaudette / Strome / Mitchell all stuck in no mans land here - all trade bait to me
Kubalik - been better lately but needs an elite center to play with
Kurashev - needs a permanent spot more than anyone

Special note on Reichel: pt per game including a hat trick in Rockford.... how long can they keep him away? He has insane skill and we could have a Brandon Saad type of career blooming...
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Re: HAWKS RECAP 3 Games into KING 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:55 pm

note:

if our pick is not 1 or 2 we lose it to Columbus

Right now I'd guess by end of year that pick is in the 6-9 area which we'd lose and that's just insane

If in 25 games we are in that range we MUST sell off our good assets like Fleury / Strome / Gaudette / De Haan / Mitchell for picks

If those 5 players net us say 2 2nds, a 3rd, 4th, and 5th then I say good

Return to Chicago Blackhawks