Image Image Image Image

DeBrincat Trade Rumors

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

DeBrincat Trade Rumors 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:25 am

A lot of smoke from most of the worlds biggest predictors on the this one: Alex DeBrincat will be traded before the season… most likely by the draft. I mean wow. 24 years old - 2 40 goal seasons and controllable for 2 more seasons although he is likely going to sign a 7x9.5 type extension asap

Lots of teams involved which is great so price goes up

Honestly the price should be 3 top picks/prospects from whomever

Upcoming options:

Dylan Strome:
Trade rights for a 2nd Rd pick

Dominik Kubalik:
Trade rights for a 3rd Rd pick

Alex DeBrincat:
Devils, Kings, Hurricanes, Oilers, Red Wings all seem interested. Obviously the Devils and Kings can offer the most:

If the Devils say no to #2 and Holtz and a 2024 1st (which is what I’d ask for) then we meet in the middle with #2 (Cooley), Dawson Mercer, and a protected top 3 2023 and a 3rd then I’m in. That’d be 3 top tier assets asap.

Patrick Kane:
In my mind the Rangers are a Patrick Kane from being a top contender for a long time. For me it costs Lafreinere and that’s a non-negotiable term. Give me Lafreinere, #30, and a top 10 protected 2023 and we pay 50% of salary.

Jonathan Toews:
Have to convince him to retire or take a deal to a Vancouver or Boston… if possible pay 50% and take back a late 2nd or mid 3rd and call it a day.

Kirby Dach:
Re-sign him for 2-3 seasons at 2.5-3m per. He will never be worth less and is too talented to give up on now. If nothing else his defense is worth a middle 6 spot.

Goalies:
Can we steal a future pick from Toronto to take on Petr Mrazek deal. I’d take it for a 2nd and let him be 1A for a year before buy out… nothing to lose either way.

Now that would be a complete tear down immediately but it would be a dream rebuild.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Re: DeBrincat Trade Rumors 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:20 pm

Trying to figure out the best packages that COULD be being discussed

Devils: #2 and Mercer and a future pick (I don’t think they budge on Holtz)

Kings: Tobias Bjornfot, Gabriel Vilardi, and #19 and a 2023 1st is what I think a deal could look like. I don’t think a Turcotte would be on the table but maybe

Redwings: start with #8 and Joe Veleno and add in a protected 2023 1st and a decent D prospect

Hurricanes: for sure W Dylan Jarvis and then 2 1sts and a decent NHL middle 6 guy

Oilers: ummmm start with Xavier Beurgault, add in wing prospect Petrov, C Ryan McLeod, and a 2023 1st and 2nd

I mean all those packages are amazing to be honest. Mercer and Cooley is hard to pass up that’s a heck of a 1-2. Bjornfoot looks like a top pairing D….

Hard to go wrong here.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:30 pm

Also heard hawks talk cast suggest Murphy and #90 to Toronto for mrazek and #21

Love that
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#4 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:44 pm

Was thinking about this package that I think both teams would do:

Kings send: D Bjornfoot, RW Kaliyev, and C Vilardi with #19 and 2023 top 3 protected 1st for Alex DeBrincat

I think that would be an optimal return as it’s 5 legit assets. All those plays will be 18-23 starting in the 23-24 season and controllable for a long time.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#5 » by GRADEN » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:50 am

Calgary talk now too

If Gaudreau leaves then the flames will have to replace his scoring in which the cat would be an ideal replacement

Not sure any return from the flames could be tempting over devils or kings though

Still think a Vilardi - Kaliyev - Bjornfoot - 1st package wouldn’t be beat though
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#6 » by GRADEN » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:00 pm

Was thinking about the Canes and what they COULD do for the cat….

Well if they said “we are all in” and offered Necas, Jarvis, and a 2023 1st (top 3 protected) then not sure we could say no.

That would be 2 guaranteed ready top line hawks players and a good asset.

Jarvis had a 40pt rookie year and Necas is 23 and already a dependable top 6 player
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#7 » by GRADEN » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:32 pm

Was thinking like a GM and if deals were placed out which I’d take:

In order of my want:

1. NJ - #2 and Mercer package
2. Necas, Jarvis, 2023 1st
3. Bjornfot, Vilardi, #19 package
4. #8, Valeno, 2023 1st package
5. Beaurgault, Petrov, 2 1sts

I think if a mystery team comes in then they’d have to go above and beyond…

I like the NJ package because it gives us assets that are Hawks and younger than others that maybe were taught a different system.
At #2 I think and what I think Davidson would do is take Cooley. He is a dynamic fast skater and is great in the FO circle. He is also a complete AH! Which I think we need right now. He is confident and takes no prisoners. Look if Cooley was 6’1 then he would be the slam dunk #1 pick…. That’s how I see him. Decision making is really his only questionable skill right now. I see him as a sensation Aho, Viktor Arvidson, Matt Barzal 3 way type…. Kinda 1/3 of each of those guys. I’ll take that all day. Slafkovsky to me is just a giant question mark… it’s why I had him going 5th in my mock. Guys like Savoie and Kemell are better picks than him to me. If Wright goes 1 and hawks have 2 then id go: Cooley, Kemell, Savoie, and Jiricek before Slafkovsky to be honest.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#8 » by GRADEN » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:27 am

How about this scenario:

Bettman before 2nd selection

We have a trade. New Jersey is sending #2, forward Alex Holtz, and a 2023 1st to Chicago for Alex DeBrincat, Alec Regula, and a 2023 2nd.

That’s 3 great assets for 1 great asset and 2 C+ assets.

Dream scenario to me
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#9 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:24 pm

Hearing that NJ will not part with Luke Hughes, Alex Holtz, or Dawson Mercer in any trade package….

How about this?

NJD receives:
LW Alex DeBrincat (extend 8x9.25)
D Conor Murphy (4x4.4 remaining)
2024 3rd round pick

CHI receives:
2022 #2 (C Logan Cooley)
LW Nolan Foote (21)
RW Pavel Zacha (RFA - 3x3 extend)
D Jonas Segenhauler (RFA - 2x1.4 extend)
G Jonathan Bernier (1x4.125 remaining)
2023 1st (top 3 protected)
2024 2nd

That would be 2 1sts and a 2nd… an A list prospect, 2 middle tier NHL players and a backup / mentor vet goalie for DeBrincat and Murphy

It would give us 3 1sts in a loaded 23 draft which is truly what we are trying to do right? It also gives us a true centerpiece asset in Cooley. He will play college for a year too which is refreshing.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#10 » by GRADEN » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:27 pm

Also heard that Seattle (why lol), NJ, Kings are most aggressive with talks for the Cat

Return to Chicago Blackhawks