Image Image Image Image

Re-built in 1 calendar year???

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Re-built in 1 calendar year??? 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Sun Jul 3, 2022 9:25 pm

So what if there is a draft day deal and then to the 2023 draft is 1 year, we could rebuild the entire team with this:

Dream trade:

Philadelphia acquires:
LW Alex DeBrincat
D Nicholas Beaudin
2023 3rd

Chicago acquires
RW Bobby Brink
C Morgan Frost
RW James Van Riemsdyk (1x7m)
D Cam York
2022 #5, #72
2023 1st (top 3 protected)

Why for each team? Philly is in desperate need of a star player. They have an a average team after a failed rebuild and need serious scoring help. DeBrincat is proven, young, and plays both ends at an elite level. They have to fire sale and start again or go all in right now. It will cost them big time. Brink is a B+ prospect, York and A- and Frost a C+ to me. I expect Brink can be a 20-25goals a year type of mid 6 wing while York I think is Conor Murphy type of player. Frost is most likely going to stay 3rd-4th line center for his career. The goal here is to hit on #5 and 2023 1st. Adding in Beaudin (fallen out of favor) and taking some cap should push this deal through.

——————————————————-

New Jersey acquires:
D Conor Murphy

Chicago acquires:
2023 3rd

Why? I think Chicago wants Cooley. I don’t think he makes to 5. New Jersey needs a top 4 D badly as well as I think wants to take a Jiricek / Nemec / Kemell / Savoie. So to me this would be a win-win.

——————————————————-

Colorado acquires:
RW Patrick Kane (Chicago retains 50%)
D Wyatt Kalynuk

Chicago acquires:
C Alex Newhook
LW Oscar Olausson
C Jean-Luc Foudy
D Erik Johnson (1x6m)
2023 1st
2025 3rd

Why? Kane has the say here and really I think only Aves, Rangers, and Sabres would be in play for his acceptance. Aves don’t have pick currency so it’s going to lean on prospects / depth. Newhook is already a good player and looks like a true #2C in this league for a long time. Olausson was a late 1st and has some nice potential as a middle 6 scoring wing. Foudy can skate, had an average minors year though so he is more just icing on this deal. 2023 is all about flexing that pick depth and we would have to get that in return here. Taking on Johnson’s money while giving them an nhl ready depth 925k option will make this a deal. Again, Kane has to agree to it but how could he say no to joining a team that has I’d say a 30-40% chance at repeating.

Recap:
Out - Kane / DeBrincat / Murphy / Beaudin / Kalynuk

In - #2 (Cooley) and #72 / Newhook / Foudy / Olausson / York / Brink / Frost / 2 2023 1sts / 2025 3rd

Vets: Van Riemsdyk / Johnson for deadline sell

I think that all these deals are fair for all sides and that Blackhawks would have acquired the necessary group of picks and prospects to speed up a rebuild. It would also amass an insane 4 picks in 2023 1st. Let’s say hawks get #4, Flyers #11, Lightning #27, Aves #32.

So that prospect list and then add in 4,11,27,32 from a loaded 2023. There is the rebuild right there.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks