Off-Season Needs

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,820

Off-Season Needs 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Let's talk about what this team needs to do to solidify themselves as a playoff team next year.

1. The best defenseman we can get our hands on. Its been since Zubov left since this team has had a legit top pair defenseman and that's not coincidentally the last time we made the playoffs.
2. At least one more defensive defenseman (maybe JAMIE OLEKSIAK is finally ready to take a spot?)
3. Find the 3rd guy on the Seguin line. Maybe young Val is ready by next year, but if not we need a wing to play with him and Jamie.
4. We need a true 2nd-line center. I love Eakin, but I think he's more of a 3rd line guy right now.
5. Finally fix the back-up goalie situation. Kari cant play every game forever.

Other thoughts?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
cmavswin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 222

Re: Off-Season Needs 

Post#2 » by cmavswin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:41 am

1. They did not get anybody on the market but they did not overpay for Matt Niskanen or sign someone that would not fit that plans.
2. You have Oleksiak and Nemeth as two guys who can fit that role add in Klingberg who the scouts are saying is ready to be an offensive defenseman to the mix and they might not need to worry about #1
3. I think it is Val he basically played a season and a half last season so he was probably a bit gassed at the end. Add that with another training camp under his belt and I think you got a very good top line.
4. Done! That second line with Spezza/Hemsky/Cole? should make the first lines job a lot easier.
5. Going to say maybe done but not sure if Lindback is really the answer but I hope he just needs a change of scenary and fills the role.

Return to Dallas Stars