Drapes calls it a day

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Drapes calls it a day 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:28 am

DETROIT -- Forward Kris Draper will announce his retirement following 17 seasons with the Detroit Red Wings Tuesday at an 11 a.m. news conference at Joe Louis Arena.

The team has announced the news conference will include Draper and general manager Ken Holland. A source confirmed that Draper, 40, will announce his retirement.

One of my favorite wings ever, without a doubt. Faster than hell, great penalty killer and all around awesome dude.

This all officially ends the Grind Line days, as Maltby, McCarty and Draper are all done now. My favorite Red Wing line ever...mad love for them all

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf ... annou.html
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Re: Drapes calls it a day 

Post#2 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Class act of a player, one of the best "good guys" I think I have seen in a while. Played the game the right way and never bitched about his PT or anything like that. Thanks for the 18 years Drapper you will be missed I would love to see him in Grand Rapids one day as a coach or maybe even in Detroit as a special teams or development coach
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Drapes calls it a day 

Post#3 » by ajaX82 » Thu Aug 4, 2011 6:42 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Class act of a player, one of the best "good guys" I think I have seen in a while. Played the game the right way and never bitched about his PT or anything like that. Thanks for the 18 years Drapper you will be missed I would love to see him in Grand Rapids one day as a coach or maybe even in Detroit as a special teams or development coach

I read somewhere he took a job in the front office as opposed to be a coach or development guy. Apparently he wants to be a GM or assistant GM someday. Kenny Holland gave him the choice of what path to take though, which I though was pretty cool.

Return to Detroit Red Wings