ImageImageImageImage

Red Wings Vs. Flames: 1st Rd (updated april 23rd, 12:45 am)

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#21 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:26 am

xbl_sucks wrote:Kipper is the difference on any day really but Calgary has some key injuries. Jerome missed some key games down the stretch, kinda hurts your chemstry and if Colorado had even a half decient goalie they would have knocked the Flames out.

Going to post a great read on "our teams" main board

Funny thing is we have depth. We have the best defenseman in the NHL as a unit. Its the idiot we call our assitant Rich Preston adn Playfair not showing the defensive hokcey he brought in as our assitant.

And you doubt the Flames. We will steal one of your home games and we not just beatin you we blowin them out 4 quick losses and they are thrown out!@
Rainmaker
Pro Prospect

Post#22 » by Rainmaker » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:52 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Funny thing is we have depth. We have the best defenseman in the NHL as a unit. Its the idiot we call our assitant Rich Preston adn Playfair not showing the defensive hokcey he brought in as our assitant.

And you doubt the Flames. We will steal one of your home games and we not just beatin you we blowin them out 4 quick losses and they are thrown out!@

Whatever you say puckhead :)
God is a Red Sox fan
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,203

Post#23 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:40 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And you doubt the Flames. We will steal one of your home and we not just beatin you we blowin them out 4 quick losses and they are thrown out!@

You do not have the best defesive pairing in the NHL right not that honor goes to the Ducks with Chris Pronger and Scott Niedermayer. I don't even think you guys have the best defense in hockey again that goes to another team Minnesota and their 2.24 GAA. They let in a total of 184 compared to the 221 total goals you guys let in and 2.70 GAA.

Detroit is 2nd with 191 GAA and 2.33 GAA, Hasek and Kipper are unbeatable when they want to be and could be lockdown goalies. Hasek has 8 shutouts in 56 where as Kipper has 7 in 76 .

We are first in shots per with 33.6 and first in shots agenst per 24.6 thats a difference of 9.2 per . Calgary ranks 27th in shots per with 27.3 and 21st with 30.5 shot agenst per for a difference of -3.2 per .

No matter how you look at it Detroit is the better team on paper with regards to team play.

We didn't sign Bertuzzi for his sucker punch :roll:, we signed him for his goal scoring, physical play and to be a force down low. It was a low risk high reward deal. I am sure if your Flames traded for him it would be a different story.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Rainmaker
Pro Prospect

Post#24 » by Rainmaker » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 pm

T- 4:16:30

Hey XBL, are you a Raptors fan by chance?
God is a Red Sox fan
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#25 » by moose man » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:15 pm

There is no one doubting that Detroit is the better team on paper, but all those numbers are in the regular season. The Playoffs is a whole different kind of season. Thankfully for us Flames fans. Report out there Bertuzzi won't play tonight which helps the Flames a little.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:29 pm

Rainmaker wrote:T- 4:16:30

Hey XBL, are you a Raptors fan by chance?

Yes I am btw, I am a fan of the Raptors but I like the Nuggets as well.

moose man - I can agree with what you said in your last post but the who knows what will happen. Bertuzzi should be back for game 2 I heard on a great Detroit newsgroup.

Should be a hell of a great game great day for sports I mean you got the Blue Jays, Red Wings and even more hockey on tonight all you need is the pizza and wings :P!
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,710

Post#27 » by Cowology » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:19 am

Nice to see us get this thing started on the right foot and send and early message. :)
The Great White Hype
Freshman

Post#28 » by The Great White Hype » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:36 am

Wings with the big win at home, kipper looks shaky. Datsyuk contributing, I love it. GO WINGS GO BABY!!!!
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by moose man » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:38 am

The Great White Hype wrote:Wings with the big win at home, kipper looks shaky. Datsyuk contributing, I love it. GO WINGS GO BABY!!!!

I don't know how you could possibly say that. The second goal went off Stuarts leg and went through his five hole. The third was a nice goal just under the cross bar. The fourth Datsyuk came in all alone and made a nice move. He made at least 4 stops that he shouldn't have made. He kept this game from getting out of hand. I'll give it to you though that the wings looked good tonight while the Flames on the other hand came out as they did in the regular season on the road.
Rainmaker
Pro Prospect

Post#30 » by Rainmaker » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:27 pm

Now THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is Red Wings hockey!
God is a Red Sox fan
detroiterabroad
Junior

Post#31 » by detroiterabroad » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:00 pm

The first goal last night said everything for me in this series. If the Wings were going to simply skate and weave and hope that would work, they would have been dead. The first goal (as pointed out by Reverand Mick on TV, is he not one of the most underrated Detroit sports analysts?) is perfect old-school-crash-the-net hockey. A guy going down the boards, the first man crashing the net and taking at least one defensemen with him and the second guy coming in the slot to fill that gap. Aside from my trying to imitate a color analyst, my point is that the Wings of last year or two years ago would have weaved a bit and looked at a shot at the top of the face off circle. And we would have outshot the Flames and made their goalie look great (though he did have some incredible stops yesterday) and possibly have lost again.

This year's Wings attack the net. That not only gives Homer his best season ever and gives us a ton of great garbage goals, it ensures that guys like Dats, Zets, Lang and Bertuzzi will be shooting the puck even closer to the net and making it that much harder for the goalie to react. It's a huge difference.

The Wings have also learned when to dump the puck. If they want to stack the line and clutter up the ice between the blues we can dump it and pressure. And Franzen last night showed what that will do, he was a beast mucking around.

Great start. I can't wait for Sunday.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#32 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:59 pm

moose man wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know how you could possibly say that. The second goal went off Stuarts leg and went through his five hole. The third was a nice goal just under the cross bar. The fourth Datsyuk came in all alone and made a nice move. He made at least 4 stops that he shouldn't have made. He kept this game from getting out of hand. I'll give it to you though that the wings looked good tonight while the Flames on the other hand came out as they did in the regular season on the road.

I agree, Kipper was the player of the game yesterday. I don't care what nobody says the guy made save after save to keep it from becoming a lopsided victory for the good guys.

Detroit came out and showed why we are a elite team and we did it without our "hired goon" :lol:. I told people that Detroit has the best defensemen in the league and this game proved it. We allowed Calgary 12 total shots through 2 periods. Your not going to score if you avarage 6 shots every 20 mins and let your goalie get arded with shots.

Great to see Dats get that monkey off his back, now lets see if Bert can come in on Saturday and show why we traded for him.

In case any of you don't know it's on at 1:00 PM Eastern time and 10:00 Western time, I know in Canada it's shown on CBC don't know about the States sorry guys.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by moose man » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:35 pm

You can watch it on the CBC website, it said on the telecast yesterday that they are doing live straeming online of their games. Hopefully that helps some of you out.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:53 pm

moose man wrote:You can watch it on the CBC website, it said on the telecast yesterday that they are doing live straeming online of their games. Hopefully that helps some of you out.

Well I will be at home watching that. Wouldn't miss it for the world, Bertuzzi/Datsuyk/Zettererg should be a great lineup to watch.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#35 » by Cowology » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:45 am

Kind of annoying the way they schedule first round series. I understand the television scheduling issues, but 3 days off between games 1 and 2 is kinda absurd.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#36 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:25 pm

Cowology wrote:Kind of annoying the way they schedule first round series. I understand the television scheduling issues, but 3 days off between games 1 and 2 is kinda absurd.

I agree, I mean 3 days is a little much to have off. The Playoff's take long as it is now like they usally go into June and thats too late for hockey.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#37 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:25 pm

the goon has tricked himself into thinking he is a good player and is not playing!
rasul
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#38 » by rasul » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:23 pm

Let's Go Red Wings
Let's Go Red Wings
Let's Go Red Wings

Game 1: Wings 4 Flames 1
Game 2: Wings 3 Flames 1
Game 3: TBA
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#39 » by Cowology » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:24 pm

Well, still gotta go on the road and take care of buisness but we look pretty damn good at home so far.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#40 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:01 pm

Cowology wrote:Well, still gotta go on the road and take care of buisness but we look pretty damn good at home so far.

So do the Flames had one of the best home records in the regular season but we were 21-15-5 on the road this season :wink:

Datsyuk is looking like our Conn Smythe player so far, I would have to say either he or Holmstrom were are players of the game today.

Return to Detroit Red Wings