Wings draft picks

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Wings draft picks 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:45 pm

Anyone care to give their thoughts on the Wings draft selections?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Sun Jul 1, 2007 10:39 pm

I dont know who they really are.

You?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#3 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Jul 4, 2007 5:03 pm

First round Brendan Smith, He's a offensive minded defensemen who likes to pinch and sort of cheat his way up. Thats his major downside without a solid stay at home d-man I don't see him being that great. Sort of reminds me of a Dick Tarnstrom player.

Second Round Pick sent to Nashville.

Third Round Joakim Andersson, He has very good size and strength and leadership abilities, is aggressive and pretty physical, but could still play the body even more. His hockey sense is very good and playmaking ability above average. A good penalty killer and defensively the best draft-eligible Swedish forward in his draft year. The knock on Andersson is his skating and mobility. Not the slowest of skaters by any means, but his acceleration could use some work.

Future

Andersson is a very complete two-way center in the Samuel Påhlsson mold. It's a comparision that has come up frequently the last two years, as Andersson has emerged as a top prospect.

Round four pick sent to Pittsburgh

Round Five - Randy Cameron, He's all offense and very little defense. He had a horrid -21 last year with the Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL). I wouldn't expect much here maybe a 4th line talent if that.

Round Six - Zach Torquato, Torquato made the trip from the penthouse to the outhouse this season in the OHL, but you would never tell by his attitude or on-ice performance. After being traded from the Saginaw Spirit to the Otters mid-season, Torquato was immediately given a letter and displayed the solid on-ice leadership he’s known for. In 40 with the bottom-feeding Otters, Torquato accounted for 46 points – a similar pace to what he was at in Saginaw where he scored 24 points in 22 played.

He’s a player who plays larger than his 6’ size and has helped his linemates perform better this season. In the end, Torquato projects to be a solid complementary player with nice offensive potential.

Round Seven - Bryan Rufenach, Looks like a intresting pick. He's got offensive talent but he's far from ready to make a splash in the NHL now. I think this is a pure potential pick. I will update this when I watch more flim.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#4 » by ajaX82 » Fri Jul 6, 2007 3:22 am

Thanx XBL, i was hoping you would come through! :D

Return to Detroit Red Wings