Red Wings thoughts so far

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,203

Red Wings thoughts so far 

Post#1 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:55 pm

It *was* great to see us to that great start. Those damn Blackhwaks killed our momentium (sp) though. I would love to see Howard getting some quility starts and maybe take over for Ozzie (Osgood) for the backup role.

Zetterberg is a machine great to see he loves this team as well and wants to retire in the Red and White :clap:. The one player I would love to have on this team(whithin reach) is Zhardev or even somebody like Mike Fisher.

Hope we take the cup this year. I will provide a more detailed post and do a game by game breakdown. Starting next weekish I will do either a week by week breakdown of the games or a month to month with more indepth info on rivals.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:37 pm

XBL, nice to see you again. Im very, very happy with our boys so far. Osgood has been unbelievable filling in. Zetterberg has been insane. Hudler, Filppula and the other kids have been great. I love the Drake signing. Altogether, a great start; we are posied for a cup run
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#3 » by TNBT » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:18 am

Yeah, you can't really find any faults with the Wings so far. About the only thing we've been missing for the last few years now is some toughness, so I love having Drake and Downey on board. We've needed to lose some of the older guys and bring in some youth for a few years now, so seeing Shanny and Stevie go and Hudler, Kopecky and Filppula come on and play as well as they have has been great. They're the new "kids" on the team, replacing guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg who have really emerged as leaders on this team. The best part may still be to come though as my girl works with a company tied to the Griffins and she said there's some real good youngsters who we will see getting chances over the next season or two.

Return to Detroit Red Wings