Hossa to Wings!!!

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Hossa to Wings!!! 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 5:02 pm

Hossa signs a 1 year deal, i think about 7 mill per.

DEAR GOD

Pair him with either Zetts or Datsyuk or good lord both???

Kenny Holland FTW
tron_carter
Pro Prospect
And1: 22

Re: Hossa to Wings!!! 

Post#2 » by tron_carter » Wed Jul 2, 2008 5:22 pm

Wowza. The Wings are making another attempt to keep the Cup where it belongs. This is such a great move. Hossa is a stud for sure. It also leaves the door open for Hank to get his money next year and probably Franzen as well. I could see Lidstrom leaving sometime soon if they win another this year. It is going to be fun to watch this team next year.
Hossa-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen
Cleary-Draper-Samuelsson
Hudler-Helm-Kopecky/Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski
Stuart-Kronwall
Lebda-Lilja/Chelios/Ericsson

Osgood
Conklin/Howard

Not to mention our PP lines are going to be pretty close to automatic.

Ken Holland FTMFW!!!!!!
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#3 » by sh00n » Wed Jul 2, 2008 9:06 pm

God, how good are you guys? Now Hossa too? Have mercy on the rest of the NHL.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#4 » by TNBT » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:00 am

I thought there was no way on Earth that we would get this guy in Detroit, so I wasn't even wasting time thinking about it. I was looking at some cheap role players instead who we may be able to add. I guess that's why Kenny Holland is the Wings GM and I'm not.
Lulkz
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Lulkz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:01 pm

Hossa has been proven to choke in playoffs, thats the only thing im worried about. But oh well thats why we got other key players. I would keep him 2nd line unless he starts producing majorly.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by TNBT » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:34 am

He's too good to stash on the 2nd line. I'd pair him with Zetterberg on the 1st line.
Rodya
Starter
And1: 16

Post#7 » by Rodya » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:15 am

I'd actually put Hossa on the second line, his puck handling and creativity would help raise the production of the entire line. I think keeping Holstrom with both Datysuk and Zetterberg what's best for the team. Holstrom needs to be with players that can get the puck to the net on a constant basis to take advantage of his ass being planted in front of the net.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by TNBT » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:58 pm

RUSSIAN LIGHTNING wrote:I'd actually put Hossa on the second line, his puck handling and creativity would help raise the production of the entire line. I think keeping Holstrom with both Datysuk and Zetterberg what's best for the team. Holstrom needs to be with players that can get the puck to the net on a constant basis to take advantage of his ass being planted in front of the net.

You make some good points, but I would still like to see a line of Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Hossa at least a couple of times. If not at even strength then at least on the PP. However, if putting Hossa on the 2nd line for the majority of the time turns out to be the best thing for the team then I would be more than happy with that.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#9 » by ajaX82 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:08 am

Hossa-Filppula-Franzen is a pretty nasty second line
Rodya
Starter

Post#10 » by Rodya » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:34 am

ajaX82 wrote:Hossa-Filppula-Franzen is a pretty nasty second line

Second that, it rivals a lot of first lines out there.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by TNBT » Sat Aug 2, 2008 5:50 pm

ajaX82 wrote:Hossa-Filppula-Franzen is a pretty nasty second line

I agree. It looks like our top lines might look something like this:

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Holmstrom
Hossa - Filppula - Franzen

That would have to be the best first two lines of any team in the NHL, or probably in the world. Then you have to remember that after all that scoring talent, we have some of the best defensive forwards in the league in guys like Draper, Maltby, McCarty, Cleary, etc. We then have even more guys who are solid players for us like Samuelsson, Kopecky, Hudler, etc.

If that isn't enough, we then have the best defensemen in the league in Lidstrom and arguably the best defensive corps with:

Lidstrom - Rafalski
Kronwall - Stuart
Chelios - Lilja

And then we have amazing depth with Lebda, Meech, Quincey, Ericsson and others waiting for their chance. Those guys would probably all start for most other teams in the league.

On top of that, we have a multi-Cup winning goalie in Chris Osgood, a solid young-ish backup who has very good potential in Conklin and one of the best goalie prospects in the league in Jimmy Howard. This team is going to be one hell of a tough match-up for opponents.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,203

Post#12 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Sorry guys was really busy with a lot of stuff outside of RealGM so my posts have been far and between.

I love what Kenny Holland has done with our team and it's pretty funny when I was talking to a Leafs mod about Holland he said that Kenny is not a good fit in Toronto. Thank God he's ours and it shows he's a great GM put a winning franchise together this year and we have been the elite of the NHL for like what 10-15 years now?

I am excited to see how we are going to do next year with our new look team (well Hossa and Ty added). Should be a great day to be a Wings fan what would be funny is if Pittsburgh signs Hasek but still it wouldn't matter we screwed them and I am happy with that.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Rodya
Starter

Post#13 » by Rodya » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:30 am

Holland IMO is the best GM in the NHL with Anaheim's Brian Burke a very close second. Everyone thought with the implementation of a cap Holland and the Red Wing's were doomed. The cap turned out to only validate his and Detroit's commitment to greatness.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:11 am

RUSSIAN LIGHTNING wrote:Holland IMO is the best GM in the NHL with Anaheim's Brian Burke a very close second. Everyone thought with the implementation of a cap Holland and the Red Wing's were doomed. The cap turned out to only validate his and Detroit's commitment to greatness.

Yeah I think he's much better then Burke though. I mean was has Burke done? 1 cup with the Ducks, Holland has 4 with the Wings as a assistant GM or GM. To me he's number 1 in the league hands down if anybody comes in 2nd ins Lou from NJ
Rodya
Starter

Post#15 » by Rodya » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:31 pm

I respect what Lou has done, but the team Brian Burke has built through free-agency and more importantly the draft is really impressive. Again, it's really a toss up for second.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:20 pm

If the Wings pair Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hossa on the same line with Lidstrom and Rafalski Detroit could be looking at like 400 points alone from those 5 guys thats pretty crazy. I could possibly see that line being one of the best ever and like a production lineup-lite
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by TNBT » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:51 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:If the Wings pair Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hossa on the same line with Lidstrom and Rafalski Detroit could be looking at like 400 points alone from those 5 guys thats pretty crazy. I could possibly see that line being one of the best ever and like a production lineup-lite

I never really looked at it like that. Getting 400 points from our starting 5 skaters would be crazy.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Sep 4, 2008 7:34 pm

The Next Big Thing wrote:
xbl_sucks wrote:If the Wings pair Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hossa on the same line with Lidstrom and Rafalski Detroit could be looking at like 400 points alone from those 5 guys thats pretty crazy. I could possibly see that line being one of the best ever and like a production lineup-lite

I never really looked at it like that. Getting 400 points from our starting 5 skaters would be crazy.

Well thats a lot to get but Hossa, Dats and Hendrik are all 70+ point players and so is Lidstrom Rafalski I am guessing 50-60 range.

I think those 5 would get 300 combined which is still damn good
Rodya
Starter

Post#19 » by Rodya » Thu Sep 4, 2008 9:53 pm

^ Hossa, Datysuk, and Zetterberg can all be penciled for anywhere from 80 to over 100 points. I'd bet on them averaging 90 between the three of them.

Datysuk - 97
Zetterberg - 92
Hossa - the last two full seasons he played he tallied 92 and 100

I don't think 400 is that unrealistic between the starting five, an amazing number nonetheless, but still very much plausible. I'll go with 375 points between them for the season, barring no major injuries.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Well I don't think we will be seeing that anytime soon. The Wiretap said that Kenny Holland wants to put them one different lines

Return to Detroit Red Wings