Ryan Smyth

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Ryan Smyth 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:06 am

So whats the deal?! Do ya think we'll be seeing the return of Smyth in the off season, or is his time as an Oiler come to an end for good? Personally I have always loved Ryan Smyth as he leaves it all out there on the ice, is a class act and a heck of a hockey player. Would love to see him back in Edmonton (or Montreal :lol:)

Anyways hope it works out for you guys.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#2 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Apr 3, 2007 11:17 am

he will be a ranger sather will offer him 6million that he wants.

The funn thing i heard is that the flames are considering trading Tanguay and his 5 mill to take Smyth. I would only like that to see how hard oiler fans would cry.

We almost got Laraques at the deadline as well. Which also would have been very funny.
peteXmaravich
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#3 » by peteXmaravich » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:23 pm

Smyth isnt coming back... that being said, K-Lowe better make a huge effort to get a stud center. throw all the money at Vinnie. the kids sick... 50 plus goals, him and Hemsky on a line would be amazing. plus he hits. him and a solid D-man (use one of the firsts in a trade). Stoll being back next year is going to be huge too. he was greatly missed in the down time since he plays every situation and is crucial in faceoffs.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#4 » by UTMCretin » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:48 pm

Smyth won't be coming back, not for the money he wants. 5.5 is far too much for a player of his stature, no matter how revered he is by the fans. I would rather get a guaranteed star for that kind of money, not just a hard worker. Smyth is best as a complimentary player on a good team, like he was in last year's playoffs. Anything more, and the team relying on his production is going to be in some trouble
Freeway
Pro Prospect
And1: 229

Post#5 » by Freeway » Sat Apr 7, 2007 9:29 pm

peteXmaravich wrote:Smyth isnt coming back... that being said, K-Lowe better make a huge effort to get a stud center. throw all the money at Vinnie. the kids sick... 50 plus goals, him and Hemsky on a line would be amazing. plus he hits. him and a solid D-man (use one of the firsts in a trade). Stoll being back next year is going to be huge too. he was greatly missed in the down time since he plays every situation and is crucial in faceoffs.

i Sure hope some thing like this would happen. I just dont see the oilers breaking the bank for anyone. We are more then a year away from competing.
marek14pl
Junior
And1: 73

Post#6 » by marek14pl » Tue Jul 3, 2007 4:30 pm

Guess he went for the money... =(
Shout out to Turbo_Zone for the sig.

Return to Edmonton Oilers