ImageImageImageImageImage

Great in 08'?

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Great in 08'? 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:26 pm

Having watched the Kings beat the crap out of the Blackhawks it's tempting to ignore our record and write how bright out future is. So here goes:

1-Crawford finally started letting some lines gell and previously mentioned Jeff Giuliano is an emblem of our previous line up instability. Figure out who plays well together and stick with it.

2-Blake looks like he has a pulse. I don't know what he has in the tank for the long haul but we need a gritty defenseman right now and to get better we are gonna really need about 3 or 4 seriously d minded ugly brutes who don't turn over pucks left and right.

3- Spirits are up. Culture is important, so far we've been a sullen distant bunch of players. I'd like to see some cohesiveness sink into a regular line rotation and underdog mentality.

4-no we aren't going to be great, but I'll be stoked if the players who need to be here get on track while the FO figures out how to get more Zdeno Chara/Scott Stevens types to surround Jack Johnson.

So here's to doing well enough to inspire me to do some fancy game threads.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#2 » by SportsWorld » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:25 am

:x :x :x
You guys looked really good these 2 games will played you.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Post#3 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:30 pm

Hard to say if it's gonna last or whether we had some sort of matchups that were favorable personel-wise.
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#4 » by DoctaJ » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:59 am

So, do you guys have to kill my Canucks whenever they play you. Like come on.. Can't you even give us one game :banghead:

Take out that long stretch in December and it's not too bad.
Definitely looking forward to watching them next year.

Anything new with the team recently?
spicoli76
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#5 » by spicoli76 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:51 am

DoctaJ,

Take no offense. LaBarbera is from Burnaby, B.C.. So, Babs always stands on his head when playing his "hometown" team. It must be the boost of energy he gets from getting a serving of Tim Horton's.

Is anything new with the Kings? Well, the Captain, Rob Blake, recently publically admitted that he wouldn't mind going to play for Detroit this season. Some leadership, eh? A couple kids, Teddy Purcell & Matt Moulson (no relation to Golden or Export) have been called up from Manchester and are looking pretty sharp! If they had anyone besides Handzus centering their line, they would be putting up some points. But being a Canucks fan as you are, I'm sure you familiar with Crawford's inabillity to put together any line combinations that actually work!

Finally, it has been reported here in SoCal that a couple of die-hard Kings fans (no, that's not an oxymoron) have named their newborn baby after Anze Kopitar. The couple has been quoted in the L.A. Daily News that their next child will be named "Kwame Cloutier!"
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#6 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:53 am

Depends on how LaBarbera plays or if Bernier makes your roster how he does.
spicoli76
Freshman

Post#7 » by spicoli76 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:37 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:Depends on how LaBarbera plays or if Bernier makes your roster how he does.

True, but I believe we are at least a year and a half away from having "Weekend at Bernier" at the Staples Center. Young Jonathon has not had his best season in 2007-08. Some would argue the he's even being outplayed on his own team by Lewiston's other goalie, Peter Delmas.

Jonathon has had an eventful season with his begining the year in London, coming to L.A., going back to play in Maine, and then traveling back to the Czech Republic to play in the World Juniors. I say let Weekend at Bernier finish his junior career this season, get a year of "A" hockey in Manchester (where he can work closely with Ron Hextall), and then see if he's ready for L.A. the following year.

Until then, it's Live by the Babs, Die by the Babs for the Kings...
DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#8 » by DoctaJ » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:49 pm

Is anything new with the Kings? Well, the Captain, Rob Blake, recently publically admitted that he wouldn't mind going to play for Detroit this season. Some leadership, eh? A couple kids, Teddy Purcell & Matt Moulson (no relation to Golden or Export) have been called up from Manchester and are looking pretty sharp! If they had anyone besides Handzus centering their line, they would be putting up some points. But being a Canucks fan as you are, I'm sure you familiar with Crawford's inabillity to put together any line combinations that actually work!

It's good that the youngin's are playing well. Oh I know that all too well, lol. :banghead:

Finally, it has been reported here in SoCal that a couple of die-hard Kings fans (no, that's not an oxymoron) have named their newborn baby after Anze Kopitar. The couple has been quoted in the L.A. Daily News that their next child will be named "Kwame Cloutier!"

Now that just made my day! :D

Return to Los Angeles Kings