Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

SI article on the draft 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:25 am

Draft Winners and Losers

Los Angeles Kings

The Kings went into the weekend with 15 picks total, including 10 of the first 101. They ended up making just nine after a series of swaps, but came away with three prime blueline candidates in Drew Doughty (2), Colten Teubert (12) and Vjateslav Voinov (32). All three are close to being locks to play in the league, and they bolster a promising group that already includes Jack Johnson and Thomas Hickey.

The Kings also made a couple of interesting late-round selections in Justin Azevedo (153) and Garret Roe (183). Both are severely undersized, but bring plenty of fire and offensive creativity. It wouldn't surprise me to see at least one of the two find his way to the NHL.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: SI article on the draft 

Post#2 » by Danny Darko » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:13 am

From SI on the second round:

(32) Los Angeles takes Vjateslav Voinov. He made his name as a fiesty competitor in international play over the past 12 months. He’s a nasty defender, always looking for a chance to make your life miserable. A little cheap sometimes, but that’s when he’s most effective. Another great building block for the Kings blueline.
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#3 » by TommyTheCat » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:24 pm

i'm liking the drew pick. i like the idea of the kings having a big shot and good passer on the blue line during power plays.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:01 pm

totally into the Drew pick considering we got multiple serious stay at home tough guys to match with him and Hickey. I like our D squad, though it may take a year or two. Last year I hated our D squad other than Jack "dont call me bubble toes" Johnson

Return to Los Angeles Kings