Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Granato to Hall of Fame 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:57 pm

Will he go in wearing Kings colors?
He holds these King records:

Los Angeles Records: Most points in one playoff game (5 vs. Calgary on April 10, 1990, shares record), most goals in one playoff game (3 vs. Calgary on April 10, 1990, shares record), most game-winning goals in one playoff series (2 vs. Calgary in 1990, shares record)

Also was known for a few ugly incidents both for and against us:

The NHL suspended Granato for 15 games and fined him $500 for swinging his stick at Neil Wilkinson's head during Los Angeles' Feb. 9, 1994, game vs. Chicago. The incident took place with 4:57 remaining in the game, which the Kings won 4-2. Granato received a match penalty for deliberate attempt to injure, prompting an automatic review and suspension by the NHL. On Feb. 16, 1994, the league announced Granato's suspension and fine. As a result of the suspension, Granato lost more than $200,000 in salary. Granato took full responsibility for the incident, saying he was "disgusted" with himself for his behavior and felt "sick to my stomach" over what had happened. In fact, Granato had been retaliating for an earlier hit by Wilkinson, which had caused Granato to suffer a mild concussion.

Suspended three games and fined $1,000 by NHL for cross-checking Dimitri Khristich at the end of San Jose's fight-filled Feb. 5, 1997, game vs. Los Angeles
- this after sneaking his way out of LA after LA stood by him during his lengthy head problems.

http://www.hockeydraftcentral.com/1982/82120.html

To be honest I remember the his exit. I'm not a Granato fan anymore. I recall him using his injury to get out of a King contract, then miraculously coming back for a nice payday with the Sharks when he had claimed retirement.

Now Marty McSorley can swing at people with his stick all he wants and I'd want him known as a King. I don't approve of what he did, but Marty was a King.... Tony was a talented weasel with no allegiance. I'd rather have Cammy Granato on my team.

Frankly I'm a little surprised Tony even made the cut- It's like the Sesame St game:
One of these things does not belong... oh one of these things does not belong:
Leetch, Hull, Richter, Granato

Who's next Brett Lindros? Tony Hrkac?

Return to Los Angeles Kings