ImageImageImageImageImage

Jack Johnson gone for 2-3 months

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Jack Johnson gone for 2-3 months 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:56 am

Jack Johnson will undergo shoulder surgery this week and will miss two or three months. The Kings haven't announced what the specific injury is yet, but it's definitely shoulder-related. I don't believe Johnson will be made available for comment today, but I should be hearing from Terry Murray soon...
http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: Jack Johnson gone for 2-3 months 

Post#2 » by Danny Darko » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:01 am

Lame sauce. I'm gonna miss getting to see him in the games I'm going to early, plus development ice time out the door... crap.
spicoli76
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#3 » by spicoli76 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:26 am

In a related move, The Kings picked up 23 year old defenseman, Kyle Quincey, on waivers from the Detroit Red Wings. Kyle was a forth round draft pick in 2003, and was also a teammate of the Kings' Patrick O'Sullivan on the Mississauga Ice Dogs of the OHL. The word going around was that Quincey was not placed on waivers because of any lack of NHL calliber skills. He was simply a victim of spoil of riches and depth on Detroit's defense and because they are so close to the salary cap. Kyle is expected to compete with Peter Harrold to be the Kings sixth defense dressed while Jack Johnson is out.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio ... =nhl-kings

I am eager to see just what the kid can do.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by timd1218 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:46 pm

How is Drew Doughty doing? Any chance he leaves the team after 9 games and goes back to the Juniors? I'm from Pittsburgh and don't have Center Ice, so I don't get the chance to see him play. I was thinking about picking him up for my fantasy team.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
spicoli76
Freshman

Post#5 » by spicoli76 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:12 am

Drew Doughty is playing solid, but not flashy, and seems to be making improvements with each game. I believe he's getting close to 20 minutes per game, and seems to have made a nice paring with Sean O'Donnell. Much like Luke Schenn in Toronto, I can't see the kid being sent back to guelph and the OHL this year.

With that said, I would not encourage picking up Drew just yet in any Fantasy leagues, especially if your league has +/- as a scoring catagory. Doughtey will be good, that's for sure. But this season it seems the goal would be for him to gain his bearings and get used to playing an NHL paced game.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#6 » by Danny Darko » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:20 am

Doughty looks like a smooth skater, good with his hands, and good recovery speed. He's made some rookie turnovers, but not as many as I expected. One thing I was expecting more of was his big shot.

I would say there is no real chance he's on a ten game plan. He'd have to fall apart at this point.

Re: Quincey- I was stoked to see him replace Harold. He looks pretty skilled, he fits in with our age plan, as well. Looks like a nice pickup.

Return to Los Angeles Kings