ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings vs everybody game thread.

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,400

Kings vs everybody game thread. 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Mon Oct 5, 2009 9:56 pm

Allrighty... season under way.. opened up with a bad outing by Quick vs the lowly Coyotes 6-3.

I'll keep just one thread for all games going due to the flood of posts we've had all year last year.(not) 8-)

Cheers to a playoff season.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: Kings vs everybody game thread. 

Post#2 » by Danny Darko » Tue Oct 6, 2009 10:39 pm

Kings vs Sharks....

I'm gonna go watch this with my buddy while he supes up my computer, so no posting, but needless to say. Go Kings!

Quick needs to step up fast before the panic button gets pushed and we start waffling on a number 1. I like him, hope he makes it a good one.

More Drew! Allstar bid anyone?

My prediction-
Williamson gets a goal and an assist
Handzus gets 2 assists
Kings lose 4-3 errrr win 4-3
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#3 » by Danny Darko » Wed Oct 7, 2009 6:13 pm

Badass! we got a win against the division Foes (and Rob friggin Blake), and my Handzus prediction was spot on.

Upon Further Review: Quick has started to scare me even if it is just two games. 10 games from now if he's averaging 4 goals against a game I'll be thinking Bernier... if Bernier fails.... look to sacrifice some prospects for a major goalie(not Schenn or Tuebert)
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Thu Oct 8, 2009 10:06 pm

Game 3 vs

We come in with a goals against average of 5. 5? Frikkin 5, that's right... Hellllo goaltending. Hoping for some Ersberg to start this one.

Predictions:
We play defense
Anze has 1 assist
Frolov 1goal and 1 assist
Simmonds 2 assists.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#5 » by Danny Darko » Fri Oct 9, 2009 5:45 pm

Nice, the ol 6-3 beatdown win.

Quick and the D looked better, but he seems to sometimes lose total focus with leads.

Anze had 1goal 2assists, so he is off to a good start
Frolov not finding the net yet, but got an assist.
Simmonds got 1 assist.

We're looking good on offense for sure. Smith is better than I thought he'd be. He makes things happen and passes really well.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#6 » by Danny Darko » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:33 pm

Kings VS Blues

Nice defensive effort. Quick's turning the beginning into a fluke now. big sigh of relief.

1st line is killing it... we're gonna make the playoffs.... (I think)
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#7 » by Danny Darko » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:54 pm

Kings Vs Islanders

Assssss kickers. another 2-1 victory and Quick earns SI player 2 of the week.

Kings are now 4-1 and the 1st line is on fire.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#8 » by Danny Darko » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:37 am

Kings VS the Sean Avery's

Ersberg's first game... given up 3 goals and counting as we trail by a goal.

Smyth continues to be en fuego with a goal and Handzus continues to be underrated.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#9 » by Danny Darko » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:50 pm

Well, bad road trip where the players caught the flu, but we won at Dallas to end it and Smyth/Kopitar are in the top 4 leading scorers in the NHL while that line keeps killing people.

hopefully the flu jinx is ending and we'll get right back where we left off at home.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#10 » by Danny Darko » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:12 pm

After taking it the the Blue Jax we're 2nd in the west and Kopi is out in front of the league scoring! Wooohoooooo! badass.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#11 » by Danny Darko » Tue Nov 3, 2009 6:55 am

a bunch of losses including 2 shootouts in a row followed by a well earned win vs the Coyotes tonight leads to the following observations:

1-Jason Labarbera is the lame lame knack for giving up the big goal goat we thought he was when he left. Thank you for the win tonight Jason, you owe us about 50 more for all the times you broke our hearts with your anti-clutch. Your not Dafoe, or any of the other "we gave up on them early" Goalies, you are in fact a jerkface.

2-Drew you are the man Jack Johnson always wanted to be.

3-Smyth is amazing, and Justin Williams is super important to the 1st unit converting the way they have been in the 1st month of the season.

4-Anze we saw this coming, but you threw us a nice "I'm going to be Adam Oates, not Mario Lemieux" scare last year. That's not a bad scare to have, but on the other hand we need you to hose pucks and not just dish them up. Having a guy like you go nuts gives the faithful a bone we haven't seen since Wayne-o. Thank you- you half Racoon/Half scoring champion.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#12 » by Danny Darko » Sat Nov 7, 2009 9:33 am

Kings vs Penguins

Jeez what a fantastic game.

Quick has become a legit number 1. Barring a total meltdown later in the season, I'm convinced he has the chops. The saves vs the Pens were amazing.

Anze! wow. a pair of goals in a crucial matchup. He's performing under pressure.

4 goals in the third. Nice character lads. I gotta see more games live. I love this team.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#13 » by Danny Darko » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:28 pm

disappointing showing vs Chicago. Quick was due for a letdown I guess. Anze scores to keep up his ridiculous season, but no one else got going to help him out.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#14 » by Danny Darko » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:48 am

Kings vs Hurricanes 11/10/09

After 1 period the Kings are up 1-0. Smyth gets it going again on an assist from Kopi and Dustin.

Good Opportunity for Ersberg to look solid, but amazing D has led to him only facing 2 shots! well.... Canes suck too. hahah

Period 2 starts with a Bang from Stoll. Kings 2, Canes 0

Booooo! Ruuutuuuuuu scores. no one should have that many instances of consecutive vowels in their name. 2-1 kings
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#15 » by Danny Darko » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Good game nice 1st impression from Randy Jones who we got off waivers. 5-2 is good, but that puss Kopitar only had two points. Score 3 goals with 2 assists next time softy.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#16 » by Danny Darko » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:30 pm

well alot of Florida overtime action lately. The team isn't fading, though we've had some injuries. Smyth left the Tampa game and awaits some tests, Scud is dealing with a hand issue, but Randy Jones is this years Quincey.

Random stat after the win over Tampa: Drew Doughty is 4 in the NHL for Defenseman points.
*on a side note fellow D-man from Drew's class, Bogosian leads D-men with 8 goals to Drews 4, but only has 2 helpers. Drew was supposed to be the shoot first D-man and Zach was supposed to be mostly grit. Interesting Soph years for both.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#17 » by Danny Darko » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:56 pm

The Flyers goaltending was just too good. Man the Kings poured it on all 3rd period with shot after shot to come up with a 3-2 loss.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#18 » by Danny Darko » Wed Dec 9, 2009 1:20 am

Kings vs Flames.

Sure has been alot of shoot-outs over the last few games. The Kings were battling some lapses and a very cold Kopitar, but we got enough to beat Calgary. We're deep enough to say we're looking pretty legit. no fluke here this year.

Interesting note of the game: Ivanans and McGrattan go toe to toe, and I think McGrattan lands more punches but Raitis doesn't acknowledge any of them while throwing haymakers that largely whiff. After a nasty uppercut just misses McNugget he looks pissed, then realizes: "I'm fighting a titanium skulled jackhammer, what am I trying to do here?" He says something to Raitis and they just skate away from each other to the sin bin with no ref intervention what so ever. Good job Raitis- you are like fighting a sidewalk.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#19 » by Danny Darko » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:19 pm

super quality win versus the Sharks last night. Good to see Brown and Kopi snap out of it. I'll tell you this: the reason for Kopi's break out season Ryan Smyth... he's missing him alot. Cap'n Canada is a master of asserting himself on enough early opportunities to: A- make himself the focus of the defense relieving pressure from the other guys. B- Fake the D into believing he's looking to score when he's really probing for the setup. Kopi really benefits from not having to be the guy, even when he is the guy.

Also... Drew Doughty... badass 'nough said.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#20 » by Danny Darko » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Loss at Vancouver sucks and reminds me that as talented as we are turning out to be, we are still waiting for R Smyth to get healthy in many ways... as long as we hang in there and the young guys keep putting things together we'll be stoked for a late arrival from Capn Canada.

Return to Los Angeles Kings