Gionta, Gill, Cammalleri, Spacek

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Gionta, Gill, Cammalleri, Spacek 

Post#1 » by bryant08 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:47 am

Big day for the Habs, what do you guys think of all these FA signings?
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: Gionta, Gill, Cammalleri, Spacek 

Post#2 » by sh00n » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:10 am

~5 million left in cap space. Better go to Kovalev.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#3 » by Snayr » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:31 am

Kovalev better be the priority now and then keep the rest for the RFA's. However, I think with the signing of Gionta, the Habs won't be re-signing Kovalev unfortunately... We'll see though, only time will tell.

Gionta is a good pickup, though not at 5 million/season... I'd have given him 4 max.
Cammalleri I wasn't expecting to be honest... I sort of figured on Havlat more. At 6 mill/season, again I would have given him 5.5 Max.
Gill is the signing that I loved the most, as he's a cap hit of 2.25/year and a very solid DMan with a Stanley Cup fresh under his belt.
Spacek... can't say I was a very big fan of this signing for 3.75 mill/year. Had we gotten him for 2.5-3/year I would have loved it but...

All in all I like the pieces that we have brought in, however not at the cost.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Musashi
Junior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Musashi » Thu Jul 2, 2009 5:10 am

Snayr wrote:Kovalev better be the priority now and then keep the rest for the RFA's. However, I think with the signing of Gionta, the Habs won't be re-signing Kovalev unfortunately... We'll see though, only time will tell.

Gionta is a good pickup, though not at 5 million/season... I'd have given him 4 max.
Cammalleri I wasn't expecting to be honest... I sort of figured on Havlat more. At 6 mill/season, again I would have given him 5.5 Max.
Gill is the signing that I loved the most, as he's a cap hit of 2.25/year and a very solid DMan with a Stanley Cup fresh under his belt.
Spacek... can't say I was a very big fan of this signing for 3.75 mill/year. Had we gotten him for 2.5-3/year I would have loved it but...

All in all I like the pieces that we have brought in, however not at the cost.

Panic moves by Bob Gainey? The worst part is, theres going to be some bargains in a couple of days...Not much money left and plenty of players looking for contracts on the market...

I also like the players but dislike the contracts, plus unless Pacioretty, the Tits and Latendresse improve big time, we will struggle on offense with such bad depth...Heres hoping all four of them show in camp in great shape and ready to have great seasons :pray:

And seing our old d-men...Mcdonagh should not have been part of that trade. But, nothing is over yet, hope Gainey surprises me (in a positive way) :D
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#5 » by BROWN » Sat Oct 3, 2009 7:57 am

LOVE Gionta, and Camalleri and Gomez, these guys are players, and habs can definitely be the winner in this division, and I love it.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#6 » by Snayr » Sun Oct 4, 2009 3:40 am

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, but I'm loving Gionta. I hope, in time, to see him end up with the captaincy.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#7 » by BROWN » Sun Oct 4, 2009 4:44 pm

I think he will, and really these guys bring in Veteran leadership, there smart, and Gomez and Gionta have been playing together since they were teens. The chemistry looks good, and Price looks healthy, as he always does in the beginning of every season he played... I just hope it continues until the end.

Return to Montreal Canadiens