Jaroslav Halak traded to St Louis

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Jaroslav Halak traded to St Louis 

Post#1 » by sh00n » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:04 pm

I always had the gut feeling this was going to happen. And as much as I've hated on Halak, I still really gained a lot of respect for him for what he did for us during our run.

But I also think him exploding was a blessing in disguise for Carey Price, because now he knows the job isn't his and everyone's been raving about his work ethic and attitude. I wish Halak all the luck in the world, and I'm happy he isn't playing in the East.

I see some big time riots going down today in Montreal.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Re: Jaroslav Halak traded to St Louis 

Post#2 » by vinsanity09 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:47 pm

man oh man, for a pair of prospects?

reminds me of the VC trade :lol: :( :cry:
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Post#3 » by s e n s i » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Now, I don't know much about Eller and Schultz, but you'd think after Jaro's amazing postseason that his value would be a bit higher than one and half prospects. Looks like Jesus Price is still their guy.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#4 » by Snayr » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:58 pm

Suchh GARBAGE! Arghhhhhh.

Screw you Gauthier! They didn't even have any talks in regards to contracts either! Pathetic...
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Vik Rude
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Vik Rude » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Fire Gauthier
Abba Zabba
Rookie
And1: 100

Post#6 » by Abba Zabba » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:21 pm

I love Halak, but I'm not going to lose it over this one.

Considering we were only trading the rights to negotiate with Halak, it's really not such a bad deal.

We lose a goalie going into arbitration holding all the cards and we get 2 young forwards on rookie contracts. Did I mention they're both over 6 feet and one them likes to hurt people?

A lot of this deal is about dollars and cents. We recently bought out Laraque, now we've turned what would have been a bloated salary into a couple of rookie contracts.

I don't know much about the nature of the hockey cap or the habs situation WRT it (I had read we were close to the limit); could a capologist here evaluate how the deal leaves us financially? Do we have room to sign someone as well as the rest of our own free agents?

In the end whether this was a good deal or not will be decided by how Price plays, how Eller and Schultz develop, and what Halak commands in arbitration.
Thanks TZ
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#7 » by bryant08 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:43 pm

I was surprised you guys didn't get more, but I agree with the poster above me in terms of the fact that they're his negotiating rights and he was going to go to arbitration and make a killing anyways. I have no idea on Schultz, but Lars Eller is a going to be a solid hockey player. Great hands, smooth skater, pretty big guy and has actually put up some good numbers in the AHL which isn't always easy for younger guys to do. It'll be interesting to see how this works out for both sides.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#8 » by Snayr » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:09 am

Hitlers take on the Halak trade... lol (In French)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 9944377706
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#9 » by vinsanity09 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Snayr wrote:Hitlers take on the Halak trade... lol (In French)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 9944377706

lolll I love the ending!
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#10 » by TNBT » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:57 am

Abba Zabba wrote:I love Halak, but I'm not going to lose it over this one.

Considering we were only trading the rights to negotiate with Halak, it's really not such a bad deal.

We lose a goalie going into arbitration holding all the cards and we get 2 young forwards on rookie contracts. Did I mention they're both over 6 feet and one them likes to hurt people?

A lot of this deal is about dollars and cents. We recently bought out Laraque, now we've turned what would have been a bloated salary into a couple of rookie contracts.

I don't know much about the nature of the hockey cap or the habs situation WRT it (I had read we were close to the limit); could a capologist here evaluate how the deal leaves us financially? Do we have room to sign someone as well as the rest of our own free agents?

In the end whether this was a good deal or not will be decided by how Price plays, how Eller and Schultz develop, and what Halak commands in arbitration.

I agree with pretty much all of what you said. We're getting two good young forward prospects with nice size who could both be a part of the future in Montreal. I don't know much about Schultz, but as the poster above me said, Eller looks like he's going to be a solid player. He's not tiny like a lot of our forwards, his skating is solid, he's a decent playmaker and he's good on the defensive end of the ice. If Schultz is that good as well, I think we should be happy with this trade.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#11 » by sh00n » Thu Aug 5, 2010 5:42 am

Schultz has said he's trying to model his game after Milan Lucic. That alone makes me happy.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app

Return to Montreal Canadiens