TiMacMania
RealGM
And1: 0

Habs Playoffs Race 

Post#1 » by TiMacMania » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:13 am

First one to post here! i'm a big ass montreal canadians fan

only 3 games left

and the standings are soooo close

if we wanna do the playoffs we have no choice but to win them all or at least get a tie in one of them

it will be hard but i believe in my habs

bruins on tuesday GO HABS
V
Rookie
And1: 178

Post#2 » by V » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:15 am

I know, and a big showdown against the Leafs. I think we can squeeze in.
Member of Raptors Nation since 1995 and Living in the Moment in 2019 #ThankYouKlo
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,918

Post#3 » by Triple M » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:17 am

We have the inside track right now it looks like it will all come down to Saturday night Leaf/Habs HNIC for the 8th seed most likely what a way to end the season.
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#4 » by TiMacMania » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:40 am

Triple M wrote:We have the inside track right now it looks like it will all come down to Saturday night Leaf/Habs HNIC for the 8th seed most likely what a way to end the season.
i have a bad feeling for us :(
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,918

Post#5 » by Triple M » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:59 am

TiMacMania wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i have a bad feeling for us :(

I am totally opposite of that we have been playing with a fire lately not seen since earlier in the year. Even though our schedule is a bit tougher than the leafs I feel we have a very good shot because of that Saturday night game.
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#6 » by TiMacMania » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:58 am

Triple M wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I am totally opposite of that we have been playing with a fire lately not seen since earlier in the year. Even though our schedule is a bit tougher than the leafs I feel we have a very good shot because of that Saturday night game.
yeah i know but...We will need everyone to be great

beginning with halak, kovey,koivu and the youngsters

i just have a bad feelign about this game.we have to win against boston but even if im not confident about the toronto game i have a good feeling that if we make the playoffs we will go far
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#7 » by TiMacMania » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:01 am

well, the leafs lost

this is great
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#8 » by BROWN » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:02 am

leafs lost.
good for us
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#9 » by MAS » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:56 am

That game is going to be big, even if the Habs are 1 point up on the Leafs going into that game, the Leafs HAVE to win in Regulation otherwise the playoff spot is Montreal's
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by timd1218 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:00 am

Anyone know if the Leafs-Montreal game will be broadcasted over the net? I am from the states and don't get any channels to watch the game and I really wanna watch it.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#11 » by TiMacMania » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:03 am

timd1218 wrote:Anyone know if the Leafs-Montreal game will be broadcasted over the net? I am from the states and don't get any channels to watch the game and I really wanna watch it.
maybe they will have it on sopcast

ill try to help you later
IVSKIN
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by IVSKIN » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:55 pm

I cant wait for that game. It has the potential to be one of the bigger games for montreal since 93.

Any new news on Huet. I heard he was practicing again, so thats good news. Might be tough taking Halak out though
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#13 » by Snayr » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:13 pm

Another huge game, is the one on Thursday vs the Rangers. We still may be able to move up a place or two in the standings if we dont lose from here on out. Halak deserves to stay in nets right now, with the way he's been playing. Obviously Huet needs to see some ice time if he is to come back and be ready for the playoffs, but we can't have him come in during one of the biggest games of the year all rusty. Jeez... gonna be a nailbiter this upcoming week!!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
stro4swift
Starter

Post#14 » by stro4swift » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:52 pm

where you from TiMacMania?
TiMacMania
RealGM

Post#15 » by TiMacMania » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:40 pm

stro4swift wrote:where you from TiMacMania?
quebec city
IVSKIN
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by IVSKIN » Tue Apr 3, 2007 6:32 am

starplayer02 wrote:Another huge game, is the one on Thursday vs the Rangers. We still may be able to move up a place or two in the standings if we dont lose from here on out. Halak deserves to stay in nets right now, with the way he's been playing. Obviously Huet needs to see some ice time if he is to come back and be ready for the playoffs, but we can't have him come in during one of the biggest games of the year all rusty. Jeez... gonna be a nailbiter this upcoming week!!

I'm with you, if we win all three games, there is a good shot that we can get 6th place, and I would feel way better playing ATL in the first round over New Jersey or Buffalo
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:02 am

IVSKIN wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm with you, if we win all three games, there is a good shot that we can get 6th place, and I would feel way better playing ATL in the first round over New Jersey or Buffalo

No kidding! Though I would still pick Buffalo over the Devils. We just can never beat the Devils and their boring style of play. PLUS its freaking BORING hockey to watch. That trap is freakin' brutal.

**EDIT: Plus Martin Brodeur has our number.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#18 » by BROWN » Thu Apr 5, 2007 5:15 am

No way do we beat the Devils if we meet them in the playoffs.

I would play so play Buffalo. If the habs dont meet the devils, we have a solid shot for getting far in this years playoffs, if we make it.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 5, 2007 5:27 am

brownwarriors wrote:No way do we beat the Devils if we meet them in the playoffs.

I would play so play Buffalo. If the habs dont meet the devils, we have a solid shot for getting far in this years playoffs, if we make it.

I actually believe this too. Against the NJ Devils, and Brodeur we don't stand a chance. But I am not scared of any of the other teams in the East.
The Eminence
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#20 » by The Eminence » Thu Apr 5, 2007 6:56 am

starplayer02 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I actually believe this too. Against the NJ Devils, and Brodeur we don't stand a chance. But I am not scared of any of the other teams in the East.

Ottawa would be a good match up since they always seem to choke in the playoffs.

Return to Montreal Canadiens