Carey Price signed to 3 year deal

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#1 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:55 pm

It was announced that Carey Price was signed to a 3 year contract, and will join the Hamilton Bulldogs for the remainder of the season.

Maxim Lapierre and Andrei Kostitsyn were also assigned to the Bulldogs.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
IVSKIN
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#2 » by IVSKIN » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:05 pm

This should be a clear indicator that Abby will be gone next year. No way we can tote around 4 goalies.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Snayr » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:10 am

IVSKIN wrote:This should be a clear indicator that Abby will be gone next year. No way we can tote around 4 goalies.

I don't really think there was ever a question if Abby was gonna be back next year. It was an obvious NO in my opinion, but Price getting signed to a 3 year deal solidifies that.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
The Eminence
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Post#4 » by The Eminence » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:17 am

What's up with Mtl always picking up solid goalies?
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Snayr » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:19 am

The Eminence wrote:What's up with Mtl always picking up solid goalies?

Well they had a decent pick in that draft. He wasn't even projected to go that high. but apparently the scouting staff were high on him so...

But as far as Halak goes... that was a very solid pick for the ninth rnd. I dunno what it is... but Montreal just has a knack for solid goalies it seems.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#6 » by Crowned » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:45 am

I don't think you guys will see Price in a Habs jersey next season. Regardless, getting rid of Abby is a must. If anything, an ideal situation would be Huet and Halak next year.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Snayr » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:08 am

Crowned wrote:I don't think you guys will see Price in a Habs jersey next season. Regardless, getting rid of Abby is a must. If anything, an ideal situation would be Huet and Halak next year.

Yeah that's my prediction as well. I figure next year we'll be seeing Huet and Halak, with Price sharing starting duty with Danis in Hamilton. Sorta like the deal between Danis and Halak this year.
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#8 » by Triple M » Fri May 11, 2007 12:28 am

I wish we could trade one of our solid goalies for a game changing forward but i doubt that will happen.
MAS
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#9 » by MAS » Fri May 11, 2007 8:18 am

The rumours i've been hearing is Vinny Lecavalier is on the market and the Habs are very interested in him. Part of the price to getting him though would be Mr. Price here.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Snayr » Sat May 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Thats an interesting trade. I'm a little weary of doing it though because Carey Price is going to be a star in this league for a long time. Lecavalier would be a welcomed edition to the Habs lineup, but still... I dunno if I would do it.

Return to Montreal Canadiens