The Official Habs 2009-2010 Regular Season Thread

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

The Official Habs 2009-2010 Regular Season Thread 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:06 am

Alright fella's, the 2009-2010 regular season is right around the corner! The rosters are almost set, and the Habs are looking to start off their regular season with a BANG vs. the Leafs on Thursday.

Anything and everything regular season related can go in here throughout the year... GO HABS GO!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Re: The Offiial Habs 2009-2010 Regular Season Thread 

Post#2 » by vinsanity09 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Can't wait for tomorrow!
Musashi
Junior
And1: 1

Re: The Official Habs 2009-2010 Regular Season Thread 

Post#3 » by Musashi » Fri Oct 2, 2009 1:01 am

Hal Gill is horrible...I mean, I am not surprised, he always played that way. But why is he wearing a Habs jersey?

Crazy after two periods, Komisarek should have spent at least 16 minutes in the box...We still have ways to go as a team...
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by vinsanity09 » Fri Oct 2, 2009 2:08 am

but we still won the game so it's all good! the Leafs still got a point though... and we got outshoted pretty badly, Price saved our ass. now we can only hope that he'll play like that all season long
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Snayr » Fri Oct 2, 2009 2:23 am

I've been at work since 3:15 and finish in an hour, so I didnt get to watch the game. However I watched the game via the espn game tracker thing, and noticed that Hal Gill turned the puck over a WHOLE lot in the defensive zone. Mara and Gill should not be playing together, they're too slow a pairing...

Anyways, thanks to Carey Price, the REAL 1st star, we won this hockey game. Good to see him back in form! Hopefully he'll be able to keep it up.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,760

Post#6 » by spykelee » Fri Oct 2, 2009 3:31 am

Though I'm ecstatic both with starting the season with a win, and doubly so with beating the leafs, in there home opener no less...

montreal looked terriable. Jacques Martin is a terriable coach, atleast I've always thought so. His schemes are terriable. Where a puck possession team and we where probably out possessed 2-1 when it was all said and done, we spent forever hemmed into our own end, as montreal would battle for the puck, possibly get it, and then just throw it arbitrarily anywehre or into a cluster fcuk on the side boards, but either way it wasn't leading to any breakout passes by any stretch... our top line is good and fast, but to utilize them they need to be skating it out and making plays, not dumping it and forchecking... those guys couldn't forcheck my mom off the puck. Overal I think Price saved our asses, but we where badly outplayed, we where outmuscled, and we lost our best D-man for probably atleast a month if not longer... in my mind, montreal's in trouble with this goof martin at the helm. How bout that 1 forward in we where playin for half the game? The trap, c'mon martin, u suck
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#7 » by sh00n » Fri Oct 2, 2009 5:16 am

Martin's alright in my books. Just needs to sort out his line ups.

If Price plays this way the whole year (and I know he can), he'll be top 5 in the NHL no question.

Markov better not be out long - and even if he isn't he played awful tonight. Our whole D did; especially Gill and Gorges. Gorges in particular has been horrible all pre-season so I'm super happy he got the goal. I hope it boosts his confidence now going forward. He turned the puck over way too many times the last few weeks. Gill's turnovers led to one of the Leaf goals too.

Either way I'm ecstatic with how we played, we just need to clamp the **** down on defense and not let so many shots through.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#8 » by BROWN » Sat Oct 3, 2009 7:53 am

I'm loving Camalleri, Gomez and Gionta,
and how funny was it Laraque getting an assist ! Oh and I hate Hall Gill, the guy cannot skate, and also cannot play defense, why the eff does he play!?
sh00n
RealGM

Post#9 » by sh00n » Sun Oct 4, 2009 2:02 am

****ing ECSTATIC with Price. He's finally looking like he's back to form. His positioning is so much better than the later part of last year (thank you new goaltending coach!) and he's playing the puck out of the net with so much confidence right now.

And that Gionta game winner was ri-****ing-diculous.
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by vinsanity09 » Sun Oct 4, 2009 2:05 am

yup Price is playing like beast right now, and yeah that game winner was sick, the new guys played great in both OTs

happy with the win but come on, 1 shot in the 3rd?
sh00n
RealGM

Post#11 » by sh00n » Sun Oct 4, 2009 2:22 am

That's our biggest problem right now - we're getting destroyed on shots on goal.

And we need a puck moving defenseman, pronto. We have some nice cap space to play with now that Markov's gone for a while. MA Bergeron, please. I have a feeling Gainey makes a run at Foppa, too.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Snayr » Sun Oct 4, 2009 3:50 am

The shot differential through the past two games is utterly ridiculous... we're VERY fortunate that Price is back on his game or else we would not be looking good right now. Man do I ever love Gionta though... Little Gio for Captain!
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#13 » by BROWN » Sun Oct 4, 2009 4:39 pm

GOOOOOOOOOO GIONTA!! I love him !! he's a scoring machine !!
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by vinsanity09 » Wed Oct 7, 2009 3:29 am

man that was a disappointing loss. The second period killed us, we played great in the third but we just couldn't put that puck past Kipper

and without Markov we can't even put some decent shots from the point... it's going to be 4 long months
sh00n
RealGM

Post#15 » by sh00n » Wed Oct 7, 2009 3:34 am

Price won us two games, Halak just lost us one.

The 2nd goal should've been stopped and the GWG from Kronwall/Nystrom would've been in whether Gorges/Nystrom touched it or not. Halak wasn't in position to stop it.

The Small Three have incredible passing, man. I was honestly waiting for every time they got on because of the chances they generated.

I never want to see Moen/Lats/Lapierre again. They're the Mara/Gill of forwards. They're good on the right line, but to have three slow forwards that can't stick handle and can't create a goal for themselves is hard to watch.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by spykelee » Wed Oct 7, 2009 6:55 am

You know what's hard to watch? Montreal trying to get the puck out of there own end. I don't get it. For years this team has been completely incapable of doing anything other than a dump to nowhere to get the puck out. Now in yesterday's game, I only watched the 3rd period, but I am often blown away at how 1 forward merely circling out front of our net can thwart, 2 or even the 3 guys that are back there sometimes. In one instance in the 3rd period last night, CGY had 1 man, to montreal's 3 guys back, and those 3 guys keep on retreating/throwing it around the boards and back behind the net etc... at one point they even passed it to Halak... and these drop passes that they do while skating out of there own end are absurd. Ir's been like this with this team for years, but even still, I'm going to blame Martin just because i think he's a terriable coach, u suck martin.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#17 » by sh00n » Wed Oct 7, 2009 3:34 pm

Ain't Martin's fault. Julien and Carbo did it too. And Boston has no problem doing it anymore so there's obviously some sort of system that we need to shake up a bit.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by spykelee » Thu Oct 8, 2009 12:56 am

your right shoon, it has been like this in montreal for years, but I don't understand why... Especially so now when we have a small fast team, generally speaking anyways. To really properly utilize these guys we need to be skating the puck out and passing it to our speedy wingers on the fly. Not these dump outs to nobody that hopefully one of our guys picks up and does something with. I just don't understand montreal's inability for years to get out of there own end. And though that isn't Martin's fault for all those years, it is his fault this year. With the kind of team we have we need to devise some kind of system to get the puck to our offensive guys in there strong areas. Montreal could really use a Thomas Kaberle type of player
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by vinsanity09 » Thu Oct 8, 2009 5:10 am

...ouch
sh00n
RealGM

Post#20 » by sh00n » Thu Oct 8, 2009 3:31 pm

Every single Canadiens defenseman should be buying Price dinner and carrying his bags for the next few days, cause they hung him out to dry when he finally got to play in front of his family in his hometown. ****ing disgusting.

Return to Montreal Canadiens