ImageImageImage

Any OGs still lurking?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,266

Re: Any OGs still lurking? 

Post#21 » by _AIJ_ » Fri May 10, 2024 12:51 pm

cpfsf wrote:no mention of cpfsf? excuse you, but i was THE 2009-2010 +/- champion.

i'm more of a casual fan now, but i am fortunate as i have since moved to minnesota :)

I was the first ever +/- champion, dude
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 923

Post#22 » by Dalvin » Fri May 10, 2024 1:58 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:
Dalvin wrote:My account's almost 15 years old. But I remember going here already as early as 2007 when we still had Garnett.

For some reason, I still have the vivid memory of checking this forum in a random airport's pc in '07 :lol:

U dalvin lim?

Yeah, why?
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
Junior
And1: 118

Post#23 » by ... » Fri May 10, 2024 3:19 pm

Lurking ominously since 2007. This run is historic to say the least.
Zonarosa
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#24 » by Zonarosa » Fri May 10, 2024 3:32 pm

Note30 wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:15-20 years? sheesh.

i can’t handle the layout or the popups enough to be around that long.

It feels kind of good tho, I would hate to see this site change in anyway, it would be way too jarring.

the popups are just annoying. on the top, the bottom, the sides. static and moving. close one ad, scroll, another pops up, close it, scroll, another pops up. or close and do nothing, another pops up.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,650

Post#25 » by Note30 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:04 pm

Zonarosa wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Zonarosa wrote:15-20 years? sheesh.

i can’t handle the layout or the popups enough to be around that long.

It feels kind of good tho, I would hate to see this site change in anyway, it would be way too jarring.

the popups are just annoying. on the top, the bottom, the sides. static and moving. close one ad, scroll, another pops up, close it, scroll, another pops up. or close and do nothing, another pops up.

I have ad block settings enabled, so I don't get those.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,266

Post#26 » by _AIJ_ » Fri May 10, 2024 5:05 pm

Dalvin wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:
Dalvin wrote:My account's almost 15 years old. But I remember going here already as early as 2007 when we still had Garnett.

For some reason, I still have the vivid memory of checking this forum in a random airport's pc in '07 :lol:

U dalvin lim?

Yeah, why?

You are one of my facebook friends lol
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
PaintPatrol
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#27 » by PaintPatrol » Fri May 10, 2024 10:11 pm

Not sure when I first started reading the forum. But I signed up in 2008. Never have been a big poster but always like scanning over the Wolves forum.

I can say I was at the Target center the last time the Wolves closed out Denver in a game 5. Sadly I will not be there on Sunday to watch them do it in 4, But I’m looking forward to watching with my son who has become a big wolves fan even through the lean years. This has been such a fun season!

Go Wolves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,556

Post#28 » by younggunsmn » Sat May 11, 2024 9:30 am

Thanks for making me feel old Dalvin.
As if life doesn't do that to me enough :lol:

I first posted when KG trade rumors started flying, and I couldn't resist scratching the itch.
Oh to be that young again.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 764

Post#29 » by karch34 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:05 am

LondonWolf91 wrote:I remember revprodeji. What a great poster he was! I am hoping he is enjoying this Wolves run!

Really? The guy who every 2 weeks put up a who’s your favorite moderator poll? I know he was early 20s but if your wife is hot people tell you, you don’t tell them.

C.lupus, wonderpets…I mean John2jer, Basti, and GopherIt! I miss.

I also miss Devilz but his ego is already too large to fit into his bathroom with him. I’m not expanding i by saying I do miss him
karch34
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by karch34 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:07 am

shrink wrote:My first post at RealGM in 2005 was basically a love letter to the hard work of Kevin Garnett.

I’ve gone downhill as a poster ever since. 55,487 worse posts.

There’s a lot of good ones but at least 500 of you retiring and then coming back so much that Tom Brady said “seriously?”
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,734

Post#31 » by Basti » Sun May 12, 2024 7:45 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I know I saw basti in one of the game threads

Yeah, that was a lot of fun to pretend like I was 15 years younger and stay up all night. Except that, this time we won a game.

theGreatRC wrote:revprodeji was a name that i always saw here when I first started reading RealGM, Basti too.

Hope all those guys you listed are doing well

Yeah, I am doing fine. I browse and read a lot of threads but I haven't watched more than five live games in the past two years and adult life makes it difficult to spend so many hours on RGM anymore.

How are you doing, mate? All good?

Also, he may not be very well known (anymore) around these parts but I gotta give a shout out to my man, Scotty-05 (or whatever his handle was). He was banned under his real account for some ticky tacky reason, much like KAT and Jaden McDaniels get iffy fouls called on them but he came back using a mate of his' account, walchy. The reason why he needs a shout out is because we've been real life friends across the globe for almost 10 years now. I went to his wedding back in 2015 despite never having met him before, seeing that he's from Brisbane, Oz and I live in Norway. But the Wolves love (or more aptly, the Stockholm Syndrome caused by the Wolves) has brought us together and our bromance started here a really long time ago.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,734

Post#32 » by Basti » Sun May 12, 2024 7:46 pm

karch34 wrote:
LondonWolf91 wrote:I remember revprodeji. What a great poster he was! I am hoping he is enjoying this Wolves run!

Really? The guy who every 2 weeks put up a who’s your favorite moderator poll? I know he was early 20s but if your wife is hot people tell you, you don’t tell them.

I also miss Devilz but his ego is already too large to fit into his bathroom with him. I’m not expanding i by saying I do miss him

I've been wondering what happened to Mr. Lupus. I sent him a PM here years ago but he had never opened it. I know he had dealt with heart issues which have made me really concerned.
karch34
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by karch34 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:28 pm

Basti wrote:
karch34 wrote:

I've been wondering what happened to Mr. Lupus. I sent him a PM here years ago but he had never opened it. I know he had dealt with heart issues which have made me really concerned.

Wow. Didn’t know that. Hope that’s not why he’s gone silent.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,457

Post#34 » by Klomp » Mon May 13, 2024 8:24 pm

Basti wrote:Also, he may not be very well known (anymore) around these parts but I gotta give a shout out to my man, Scotty-05 (or whatever his handle was). He was banned under his real account for some ticky tacky reason, much like KAT and Jaden McDaniels get iffy fouls called on them but he came back using a mate of his' account, walchy. The reason why he needs a shout out is because we've been real life friends across the globe for almost 10 years now. I went to his wedding back in 2015 despite never having met him before, seeing that he's from Brisbane, Oz and I live in Norway. But the Wolves love (or more aptly, the Stockholm Syndrome caused by the Wolves) has brought us together and our bromance started here a really long time ago.

Great addition!

A couple other classics...
love25basketball (the Marc Jackson superfan)
The kid who was a benchwarmer for the Tar Heels, I think his name was Will perhaps?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,457

Post#35 » by Klomp » Mon May 13, 2024 8:26 pm

Basti wrote:
karch34 wrote:

I've wondered the same. I was once in contact with him (via the old RGM Wolves Facebook group), but I can't remember much beyond his health issues.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
A1FromDay1
Senior
And1: 127

Post#36 » by A1FromDay1 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:16 pm

Klomp wrote:
Basti wrote:
karch34 wrote:

I've wondered the same. I was once in contact with him (via the old RGM Wolves Facebook group), but I can't remember much beyond his health issues.

I went on the FB group now, good old times sharing "pie" recipes :)
Homo homini lupus est.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#37 » by Rookie-Mistake » Fri May 17, 2024 1:10 pm

I'm still here. Mainly lurk now.

Sent from my SM-G991B using RealGM mobile app
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,284

Post#38 » by shrink » Mon May 20, 2024 7:22 pm

I saw SSUBluesman in the game thread, who was here before me!
Ranger
Sophomore
And1: 147

Post#39 » by Ranger » Tue May 21, 2024 12:14 am

I don't know if I count as much, but the last time I was this fired up about the Wolves, I was getting updates on playoff games in the early days of the last Iraq war lol
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,842

Post#40 » by C.lupus » Tue May 21, 2024 12:31 am

Howdy friends.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves