Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,641

MIN/MEM 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:00 am

Trade ID #4398410

Minnesota Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -12.1 ppg, +1.0 rpg, and -4.4 apg.
Incoming Players
Casey Jacobsen
6-6 SF / SG from Stanford
2.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 12.2 minutes
Brian Cardinal
6-8 SF / PF from Purdue
2.4 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 7.8 minutes
Darko Milicic
7-0 C from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
6.8 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 25.1 minutes
Outgoing Players
Gerald Green
6-8 SF / SG from Gulf Shores Academy (HS)
4.8 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 12.2 minutes
Marko Jaric
6-7 SG from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
9.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 4.3 apg in 27.8 minutes
Antoine Walker
6-9 PF from Kentucky
9.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 20.7 minutes

Memphis Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +12.1 ppg, -1.0 rpg, and +4.4 apg.
Incoming Players
Gerald Green
6-8 SF / SG from Gulf Shores Academy (HS)
4.8 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 12.2 minutes
Marko Jaric
6-7 SG from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
9.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 4.3 apg in 27.8 minutes
Antoine Walker
6-9 PF from Kentucky
9.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 20.7 minutes
Outgoing Players
Casey Jacobsen
6-6 SF / SG from Stanford
2.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 12.2 minutes
Brian Cardinal
6-8 SF / PF from Purdue
2.4 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 7.8 minutes
Darko Milicic
7-0 C from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
6.8 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 25.1 minutes
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#2 » by revprodeji » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:42 am

Yes in a second and I would include a 2nd rd pick just to woo them more.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#3 » by revprodeji » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:04 am

Why exactly would mem do this klomp? it is a great deal for us. But really makes no sense for them.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#4 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:30 am

Hasnt Darko been having attitude problems lately? Im not really big on Darko either. I guess he would be a good fit and it rids us of two bad contracts, but still, im iffy...
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,410

Post#5 » by shrink » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:41 pm

Way to be up on the NBA, 4ho5ive!

Darko had the notorious "crisis of confidence" for a couple weeks, but it appears to be over now. He went for 11 PTs, 12 RB's and 4 BLKS in his last games, and he's been averaging over 3 blocks a game for his last five.

I think Darko would be a nice fit. It's amazing, but he's only 22 and he's a physical specimen (7-0, 275 lbs). Wittman recently said how much the kids were depending on Ratliff to erase their defensive mistakes, and I think Darko could be a guy like that. I generally sour on guy's "potential" after 5 years in the league, and three teams, but Darko finally seems to be improving and I think he'd pair well with Al Jefferson.

That said, I don't think they'd do this deal. Losing Darko removes their main interior defender. I'm not a big fan of their other #2 draft pick, Strom Swift, ever capitalizing on his athleticism and getting to this point. Losing Darko seems to lock MEM into keeping Gasol, and while their GM keeps reiterating that they won't trade him because they are in "win now" mode, if I was their GM I wouldn't want to give up that fall back position.

I understand Cardinal is in the deal to provide value for MIN, but this team is a bad fit for him for the next three years. Perhaps a three-way deal, with SEA, where Darko can go out, and a guy like Petro or Sene can come in? If their truly "win-now," maybe Gadzuric's contract wouldn't be a deal killer? Anyway, I think its a good idea to give Darko a shot here.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by revprodeji » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:41 pm

I like this deal, just dont see why MEM would do it.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 766

Post#7 » by karch34 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:25 pm

I agree someone like Darko could be a good fit, but I don't see why Memphis would agree either. I don't think the Cardinal and Darko contract would be significantly longer where they'd be looking to get out of the $ sooner.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:51 pm

I agree, Memphis needs more incentive. A 3 way like shrink suggested could be a possibility however. I toyed with ESPN's trade checker and here was something that may be of interest.

Sota Incoming: Darko Milicic, Solomon Jones
Outgoing: Craig Smith, Marko Jaric

Grizz Incoming: Marko Jaric, Shelden Williams
Outgoing: Damon Stoudamire, Darko Milicic

Hawks Incoming: Damon Stoudamire, Craig Smith
Outgoing: Shelden Williams, Solomon Jones

We get two very young big men and I recall some on this board having a man-crush on Solomon Jones a few weeks ago. We lose Cookie but with the debacle of who stays and who goes next year, this makes it easier. And Darko's deal runs a year shorter that Jaric's

Memphis gets a good Defensive young big who many argue just needs the time of day to put up stats. And they get rid of a Guard who doesnt want to be their for a versatile player that would be great in ball rotation with Conley and Lowry.

Atlanta rids themselves of two bigs that combined are getting 15 minutes a night playing time for a solid scoring 4 that can run the floor and a veteran combo guard that would be a great fit IMO to show Acie Law the way. Also helps cuz Claxton just went down.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#9 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:06 pm

you really want crazy Darko though, for any price?

You think I am sleeping?

I guess its not a PG 13 link, but we are all amigos here
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 991

Post#10 » by funkatron101 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:21 pm

4ho5ive wrote:I agree, Memphis needs more incentive. A 3 way like shrink suggested could be a possibility however. I toyed with ESPN's trade checker and here was something that may be of interest.

Sota Incoming: Darko Milicic, Solomon Jones
Outgoing: Craig Smith, Marko Jaric

Grizz Incoming: Marko Jaric, Shelden Williams
Outgoing: Damon Stoudamire, Darko Milicic

Hawks Incoming: Damon Stoudamire, Craig Smith
Outgoing: Shelden Williams, Solomon Jones

We get two very young big men and I recall some on this board having a man-crush on Solomon Jones a few weeks ago. We lose Cookie but with the debacle of who stays and who goes next year, this makes it easier. And Darko's deal runs a year shorter that Jaric's

Memphis gets a good Defensive young big who many argue just needs the time of day to put up stats. And they get rid of a Guard who doesnt want to be their for a versatile player that would be great in ball rotation with Conley and Lowry.

Atlanta rids themselves of two bigs that combined are getting 15 minutes a night playing time for a solid scoring 4 that can run the floor and a veteran combo guard that would be a great fit IMO to show Acie Law the way. Also helps cuz Claxton just went down.

I would jump on that if the other teams showed interest.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by revprodeji » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:55 pm

I like that deal too. I think we could give a 2nd rd pick to sweeten it also. But I really like the deal. I think Darko would make a very good 5 next to Al. He is a legit 7ft player, he blocks a ton of stuff and has enough of a high post game to space things out for Al. Also he is in that Bassy boat of young enough to do something still. I would like this deal alot.

Jones is ice on the cake. I would like the hussle of a second unit with Jones and Richard as the 4/5
Magoose
Junior
And1: 141

Post#12 » by Magoose » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:54 pm

I don't see why Memphis should agree to this...
Why should they want to part with Darko? Where's their big incentive?

In addition, I don't see Shelden being a C replacement for Darko for the Grizz.

Which means, that Memphis needs a legit C prospect in the draft and that could put them into a competing position to us if we'd like to go big in the draft, too. :-?
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,917

Post#13 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:06 am

Would you guys do this deal?

Our 08 1st unprotected + Our 08 2nd + Marko Jaric

for

Darko Milicic, Kyle Lowry + 08 1st unprotected

Works Salary wise, we re-sign Craig, Gomes and Richard, Let Bassy Walk and Draft Donte Green with the grizzly pick.

Foye/Lowry
Brewer/McCants
Green/Gomes
Jefferson/Smith
Milicic/Richard

That's what our youth looks like, Every spot has nice depth to it, and Grizzlies can get a top 4 pick + a second rounder and a PG to fill the PG spot if they cut Stoudemire.
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 78

Post#14 » by PeeDee » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:34 am

I think I'd have to go for that.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#15 » by big3_8_19_21 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:38 am

That trades depends a LOT on how the lottery turns out. Neither side could say right now. If the current standings were used as the lottery results, then I'd probably do it. Because there are more than 5 players that I really want in this draft.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by 4ho5ive » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:23 am

Magoose wrote:I don't see why Memphis should agree to this...
Why should they want to part with Darko? Where's their big incentive?

In addition, I don't see Shelden being a C replacement for Darko for the Grizz.

Which means, that Memphis needs a legit C prospect in the draft and that could put them into a competing position to us if we'd like to go big in the draft, too. :-?

I honestly dont think Milicic has solidified anything in Memphis yet so its not as though they would be opposed to trading him. Darko has had confidence issues, he is on his 3rd team and has never lived up to the hype of being a top lotto pick. Shelden just hasnt had the chance to show and prove. I have never heard of him having attitude problems and he is just as young. They can sell high on Milicic now.

Jaric also makes the game SO much easier for the Cubs. He can do alot of the rock handling if they need it, and is great in overall ball movement. They get rid of their potentially cancerous PG that desperatly wants out and as Rev said we can throw in a high 2nd to sweeten the pot. Its not as though they are getting screwed.
Magoose
Junior
And1: 141

Post#17 » by Magoose » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:01 pm

4ho5ive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I honestly dont think Milicic has solidified anything in Memphis yet so its not as though they would be opposed to trading him. Darko has had confidence issues, he is on his 3rd team and has never lived up to the hype of being a top lotto pick. Shelden just hasnt had the chance to show and prove. I have never heard of him having attitude problems and he is just as young. They can sell high on Milicic now.

Jaric also makes the game SO much easier for the Cubs. He can do alot of the rock handling if they need it, and is great in overall ball movement. They get rid of their potentially cancerous PG that desperatly wants out and as Rev said we can throw in a high 2nd to sweeten the pot. Its not as though they are getting screwed.

I agree with you concerning Shelden, there may be some more talent in him than he hasn't been able to show yet though I think, still, that he's undersized for a C and doesn't have the strength and the body to compensate that.

Besides that, he never made it into the deeper rotation of the Hawks with Zaza (not bad, but not more than an average backup Center) and Al Horford (Top Pick, but a rookie), so I doubt that Shelden will be more than a backup center/forward at best. May be he could be a guy like Richard with more offensive talent, but I'm not sure but that either.
Darko has shown a lot of glimpses lately of what he can be for memphis and he's just 22 years of age and a 7footer (cannot teach height, etc. blabla :wink: ).

I agree Marco could be Mr. Everything on many teams, though I doubt he could help the Grizz as they are rebuilding as well. So I don't see how Marco would fit in there...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves