Wolves Offseason - D (Hoopsworld)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,645

Wolves Offseason - D (Hoopsworld) 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:48 pm

New Timberwolves GM David Kahn left many folks scratching their heads when he decided to draft both Flynn and Ricky Rubio with the fourth and fifth picks in last June's NBA Draft. The fact the Wolves are still engaged in a staring contest with Rubio's representation about when he will come to the NBA has turned the offseason into somewhat of a circus.

The good news for fans in Minnesota is that the Wolves weren't going to win big this season, anyway, so it's not like Rubio staying overseas for another season or two is really going to kill the organization. However, the team better get something from him eventually to justify his selection. Flynn also had his moments in Vegas this summer, and Rubio's likely absence will ensure he gets plenty of run.

When the Wolves weren't focusing on the Rubio situation this summer, the front office was busy cleaning house. Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, and Kevin Love are the only major contributors from last season who will return in 2009-10 assuming no other major moves are made by the club this summer. Minnesota also added a new head coach earlier this month. Kurt Rambis, a long-time Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach, will have the chance to grow together with the team.

It's clear the Wolves have been thinking two or three years down the road when making moves this offseason, which means it could be a long season in 2009-10 for the good folks of Minnesota.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13596

To that last sentence: NO DUH!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Re: Wolves Offseason - D (Hoopsworld) 

Post#2 » by collin_k41 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:58 pm

D might be a little harsh. We did get who would've been the next Lakers coach so that can't be so bad. We drafted two very talented players and shuffled around a few contracts along with nabbing another 1st round pick in next year's STACKED draft. If nothing else we set ourselves up for future success. This guy must've just given us a D based upon how successful he feels we will be next season...not very.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#3 » by Esohny » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 pm

I guess, although if the grade is based on 2009 projected wins, we should get an F.

If it's based on making moves for future success, it should be a lot higher than a D.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,762

Post#4 » by Basti » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:04 pm

I stopped reading when they said we took Rubio and Flynn with #4 and #5. it goes to show you their credibility.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,645

Post#5 » by Klomp » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:06 pm

basti wrote:I stopped reading when they said we took Rubio and Flynn with #4 and #5. it goes to show you their credibility.

Haha thats funny. I didn't even catch that. You Germans have good eyes.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#6 » by collin_k41 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:06 pm

lol, I didn't even catch that I more skimmed the article...
SSUBluesman
Assistant Coach
And1: 824

Post#7 » by SSUBluesman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:07 pm

And just exactly how do you know how poor an action was when you are unaware of it's result? This is about as pointless as talking about who "won" the draft a few days after it happened. Oh sure, none of the players have played a single game yet and thus we don't know how they will perform in the NBA, but we'll just say Team A won because they got Player B.
Naz Reid.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#8 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:29 pm

just do me a favor when you're gonna say the Wolves **** up the draft - tell people what you think they should have done. All these shriveled testicles keep saying the Wolves screwed up the draft but don't have the balls to say what they should have done instead.

it's not like Rubio staying overseas for another season or two is really going to kill the organization. However, the team better get something from him eventually to justify his selection.

so come out and say that you're opinion is that drafting Ricky Rubio in the top 6 was a bad idea then. Don't hide your sh*ty opinions because you know your plan is even worse and everybody will make fun of you, just come out and say it.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,899

Post#9 » by Calinks » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 pm

When people find out I'm a wolves fan. They are always ripping us for taking two PG's. I try to explain to them how this could benefit the team but they aren't having it. LOL.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#10 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:47 pm

because they're parrots incapable of independent thought
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,435

Post#11 » by shrink » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:52 pm

I have always given Hoopsworld a P
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,111
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#12 » by cpfsf » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:13 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:just do me a favor when you're gonna say the Wolves **** up the draft - tell people what you think they should have done. All these shriveled testicles keep saying the Wolves screwed up the draft but don't have the balls to say what they should have done instead.

it's not like Rubio staying overseas for another season or two is really going to kill the organization. However, the team better get something from him eventually to justify his selection.

so come out and say that you're opinion is that drafting Ricky Rubio in the top 6 was a bad idea then. Don't hide your sh*ty opinions because you know your plan is even worse and everybody will make fun of you, just come out and say it.

What really ****** me off is how several websites and their basketball experts give us incomplete grades. It seems they have no idea themselves, but of course if the trade backfires, they will declare how we should have picked a different prospect as if they knew themselves all along.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#13 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:15 pm

bastards! Murderings for all
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 991

Post#14 » by funkatron101 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:26 pm

I give that article a D.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,279

Post#15 » by GopherIt! » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:52 am

won't u take me to Funk-a-tron.
Winter Wonder
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#16 » by Winter Wonder » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:29 pm

GopherIt! wrote:won't u take me to Funk-a-tron.

This reference deserves a stamp from the Lipps Inc. seal of approval group.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves