ImageImageImage

Updates on former Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Kineto
Sophomore
And1: 208

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1461 » by Kineto » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:34 pm

urinesane wrote:Hmmmmm.... do you think it's more likely that LAL and DAL do a sign and trade between DLO and Irving? It would be pretty insane to give up the assets they did to let both walk for nothing (besides a short rental for a playoff push).

Is it legal to make a double sign and trade ? (where the 2 players traded must be signed at the same time ?)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,673

Post#1462 » by Klomp » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:02 pm

Kineto wrote:
urinesane wrote:Hmmmmm.... do you think it's more likely that LAL and DAL do a sign and trade between DLO and Irving? It would be pretty insane to give up the assets they did to let both walk for nothing (besides a short rental for a playoff push).

Is it legal to make a double sign and trade ? (where the 2 players traded must be signed at the same time ?)

Unless I'm remembering wrong, that's what happened in the deal that brought Durant to Brooklyn and Russell to Golden State.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#1463 » by urinesane » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:02 pm

Kineto wrote:

What am I a CBA expert? Did it happen with the DLo/KD trade?

Edit: What Klomp said.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#1464 » by urinesane » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:04 pm

TimberKat wrote:
urinesane wrote:
life_saver wrote:Beasley is catching lot of fire from Lakers fans

Laker fans are some of the most entitled in all of sports. Knicks fans are probably the closest in the NBA (even though they've had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less success).

What do you expect from Jack and Spike Lee?

I don't think Jack is petty enough to harass people online... Spike Lee though... :eyebrows:
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,485

Post#1465 » by shrink » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:17 pm

TimberKat wrote:Feel bad? How many people could land a job like that for 30m? I will gladly sit on the bench and let Draymond punch me a few times for 1/2 the money. Hack, I will even run around and play some defense and earn 6 fouls.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought that deserved more than just a +1!
shrink
RealGM

Post#1466 » by shrink » Sat Apr 1, 2023 3:26 am

TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,782

Post#1467 » by TimberKat » Sat Apr 1, 2023 4:30 am

[quote="shrink"][/quote]
He always has a nice cut. Are we desperate enough to bring him back for the playoff roster :D
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,538

Post#1468 » by PharmD » Mon Apr 3, 2023 8:08 pm

TimberKat wrote:
shrink wrote:

He always has a nice cut. Are we desperate enough to bring him back for the playoff roster :D

TimberKat
Analyst

Post#1469 » by TimberKat » Mon Apr 3, 2023 9:01 pm

PharmD wrote:
TimberKat wrote:
shrink wrote:

:D well put. I already showed this once already and was hoping we could put this message away for the year. I just hope we don't have to show it again after the SAS game.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1470 » by shrink » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:41 pm

The Houston Rockets have received permission to interview Sam Cassell for their head coach opening. Cassell is currently an assistant coach with the Philadelphia 76ers, who begin their first-round playoff series with the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday.

I remember during his days as a player that people thought he would become an NBA head coach some day.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1471 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:10 pm

shrink wrote:
The Houston Rockets have received permission to interview Sam Cassell for their head coach opening. Cassell is currently an assistant coach with the Philadelphia 76ers, who begin their first-round playoff series with the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday.

I remember during his days as a player that people thought he would become an NBA head coach some day.

He's a good backup option if Toronto doesn't can Nurse
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1472 » by Klomp » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Battletrigger
Junior
And1: 202

Post#1473 » by Battletrigger » Tue May 2, 2023 3:24 pm

I don't know if there are many people here that remember Alexey Shaved, I remember the exicted of that year that we had Love, Roy, Shved, Ak... What a waste.

But the fact is that someone beat the **** up of him and is in the hospital. I have read that he even might have brain damage.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,846

Post#1474 » by floppymoose » Wed May 3, 2023 1:18 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sammy was the man. I remember watching Cassell and Bobby Sura on Florida State. I think that was the first year that Florida St was in the ACC, and I was a big ACC fan. Sura was the player who was the star but I thought Cassell was the better player and a better pick for the NBA.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,516

Post#1475 » by Colbinii » Wed May 3, 2023 1:27 am

Battletrigger wrote:I don't know if there are many people here that remember Alexey Shaved, I remember the exicted of that year that we had Love, Roy, Shved, Ak... What a waste.

But the fact is that someone beat the **** up of him and is in the hospital. I have read that he even might have brain damage.

Holy ****. I bought his T-Shirt Jersey his rookie year. I thought he was going to be Allen Iverson-lite. Instead he was Allen Iverson without basketball skills.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
TimberKat
Analyst

Post#1476 » by TimberKat » Wed May 3, 2023 3:52 am

DLo is play well tonight and the last game. He is moving the ball and making lob passes like what we him to do here. I supposed you do the right things when you are on the same time with LBJ and Davis. Lakers has no problem just sit him and play Schroder if he sucked.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,538

Post#1477 » by PharmD » Wed May 3, 2023 8:30 am

I find myself really pulling for DLo now. I really did not like him on my team but now i'm a fan.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1478 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed May 3, 2023 1:14 pm

PharmD wrote:I find myself really pulling for DLo now. I really did not like him on my team but now i'm a fan.

I'm rooting for him to a point. Win a chip, have a couple nice games where he's on fire, that's fine. If he starts randomly being a top 10 guard on a permanent basis, then I move right past rooting to the annoyed stage.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1479 » by Klomp » Wed May 3, 2023 6:33 pm

PharmD wrote:I find myself really pulling for DLo now. I really did not like him on my team but now i'm a fan.

Agreed. Ball out, kid! Make the Lakers max you!

TimberKat
Analyst

Post#1480 » by TimberKat » Thu May 4, 2023 1:28 am

Klomp wrote:

Agreed. Ball out, kid! Make the Lakers max you!

Sounds like you want him to hit a Wall with Lakers? Like John Wall for Rockets.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves