ImageImageImage

Gamethread B-Easy vs Jordan (K State vs Tx A&M)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#41 » by horaceworthy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:46 pm

I realize that, as I've said a few times, after the Marbury experience, his immaturity scares me. I just think that the comments made specifically about his facial expression and body language are/were overblown.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
hotshotschamp
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#42 » by hotshotschamp » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:53 pm

Beasley has swagger, something the twolves do not.

If you want to call it "attitude" so be it....

al jefferson, randy foye, corey brewer, craig smith, - all nice player, no swagger whatsoever...

Give me a guy who shows his emotions, gets pumped up after a big play, talks a little trash. The current team bores me this way, they have no emotion.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#43 » by deeney0 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:59 pm

I'd like Al to play the 4, but were the Wolves to take Beasley, we should face the possibility it may be with the intention to play Al at 5. The team as its assembled today certainly lends itself more to that, and Beasley is more of a 4. Certainly not ideal, but that doesn't mean it couldn't work.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#44 » by revprodeji » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:29 am

theGreatRC wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I watched every Beasley game on TV and i've been telling you I have never seen him do anything besides that one time during the Xavier game where he was mad that he got into foul trouble.

I said "What attitude" because I figured it was your 1st or 2nd time being able to see Beasley on TV, I've seen plenty of Beasley to know he is a great talent who is going to be a force in this league, maybe even a household name.

Draft express, or any college draft site doesn't always give you the full analysis of a player, with players like Beasley, you have to see him up close to understand why he is the #1 pick in almost every college mock.

Trust me, i've seen a ton of Beasley games, that statement was because I thought you were a first timer.

Yet I often site the france game ;) No, the draft is a hobby of mine. I have been following Beasley since he transfered from Oak Hills to Notre Dame Prep.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#45 » by revprodeji » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:31 am

deeney0 wrote:I'd like Al to play the 4, but were the Wolves to take Beasley, we should face the possibility it may be with the intention to play Al at 5. The team as its assembled today certainly lends itself more to that, and Beasley is more of a 4. Certainly not ideal, but that doesn't mean it couldn't work.

Beasley projects as a 3 with many scouts. His mid-range game attests to this. Also I think he would be killed defending NBA 4's, but he could learn to defend the 3 if he wanted to.
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#46 » by wolves_fan_82au » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:56 am

meh Hibbert played better than Beasley

Kevin Love can light it up as well on the stat board 18 Points 12 rebounds 5 stls 1 ast 1 turnover

what happened too Beasley on the boards 4 rebounds for a no 1 pick????????
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by wolves_fan_82au » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:06 am

deeney0 wrote:Kleiza had 41? Wow.

wrong thread :P
hotshotschamp
Rookie

Post#48 » by hotshotschamp » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:19 am

wolves_fan_82au wrote:meh Hibbert played better than Beasley

Kevin Love can light it up as well on the stat board 18 Points 12 rebounds 5 stls 1 ast 1 turnover

what happened too Beasley on the boards 4 rebounds for a no 1 pick????????

Um first off he got 2 early fouls, and couldn't play as agressive as he was subbed in and out a ton.

Not to mention he leads the nation in rebounding lol....every game until this one he had 10+ .....so he has 1 game of subpar rebounds and now he's not a #1 pick....great logic, simply great.

He took over when the game mattered today along with his freshman running mate walker.
wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach

Post#49 » by wolves_fan_82au » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:56 am

Beasley's
Weaknesses:
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#50 » by AQuintus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:02 am

wolves_fan_82au wrote:Weaknesses
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by revprodeji » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:59 pm

hehe...the memphis system is interesting.

Also Rose only makes sense if we think he is at the Paul/Williams level or if FOye is a 2.

This will be an interesting draft year.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,701

Post#52 » by Worm Guts » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:28 pm

wolves_fan_82au wrote:Beasley's
Weaknesses:
hotshotschamp
Rookie

Post#53 » by hotshotschamp » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:33 pm

rose and jordan are showing little...

Beasley and Bayless are showing much more....1 of these 2 is the way to go.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#54 » by deeney0 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:54 pm

Bayless? No.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,917

Post#55 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:21 pm

Worm Guts wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I understand concern with Beasley's attitude and defense but no one currently matches his combination of potential and production. I'd love for Rose and Jordan to step up their games and give us some legitimate options at positions we need but right now it's not close.

Where were you when I needed your Beasley opinion? :cry:
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,701

Post#56 » by Worm Guts » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:25 pm

When?
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by revprodeji » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:29 am

Jonathan Watters wrote:I got to spend some time with Beasley last spring at the Hoop Summit, and the guy is certainly a "tough nut to crack" as far as personality goes.

He screwed around in all the practices, to the point where it was a distraction to everybody else. If you'd never seen him do this before, you'd probably be horrified and think he was an absolute monster of a human being.

But at the same time, the guy obviously knows how to turn it on and off on some level. Conditioning has never been an issue as far as I can tell, and you don't have such a ridiculous skill level/feel for the game at 6'8, 250 if you are a lazy bum away from the bright lights of a game setting.

We've seen these character issue guys go both ways in the past - sometimes they flame out, other times it makes them better. Guys like Cassell, Spreewell, Van Exel, Artest, Ben Wallace. These types of players range from disruptive to downright bat crap crazy, but in my opinion they wouldn't have been as effective on the court with a "normal" persona.

Beasley could be one of those guys...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves