ImageImageImage

The Official Rudy Gobert Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,291

Re: The Official Rudy Gobert Thread 

Post#561 » by shrink » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:39 pm

So I’ve been thinking about Ant’s pass to himself off the backboard ..

Wouldn’t this be an easy way for him to feed Gobert when they front him? Ant struggles throwing the lob accurately, but throwing it off the backboard would be an easier way to make that pass? No?
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,548

Post#562 » by BlacJacMac » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:40 pm

shrink wrote:So I’ve been thinking about Ant’s pass to himself off the backboard ..

Wouldn’t this be an easy way for him to feed Gobert when they front him? Ant struggles throwing the lob accurately, but throwing it off the backboard would be an easier way to make that pass? No?

Do you trust Rudy to catch it?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,498

Post#563 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:43 pm

shrink wrote:So I’ve been thinking about Ant’s pass to himself off the backboard ..

In that situation, would likely be put down as a missed field goal for Ant, not an assist.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,808

Post#564 » by winforlose » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:29 pm

Klomp wrote:

In that situation, would likely be put down as a missed field goal for Ant, not an assist.

Not sure, the line between alley-oop and shoot is a fine one, but plenty of them hit the rim or backboard and don’t get counted as shot attempts. I think it is at the discretion of the score keeper.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,566

Post#565 » by younggunsmn » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:56 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I like the way you think. Booker and Durant not to mention Beal is a very impressive offense.

I know they can score buckets, but can they defend?

I think their overall team defense is decent. Combined with their offense IMO they are a formidable opponent.

The interesting thing about Phoenix is that they've been using Nurkic as a Draymond Green - type hub while they've been running off ball actions for their 3 elite scorers, it's really hard to defend, and it's been working (he had 9 assists the other day).
Nurkic is maybe more irreplacable for what they do than Beal.

With their defensive limitations, they are going to have to play a pack the paint scheme to beat teams, you are going to have to shoot well to beat them.

I think they have absolutely no answer defensively for Ant though.
Do you put KAT on Nurkic, play off Allen, and let Rudy roam?
Then you have to put Conley on Beal or Booker.

Or put KAT on Durant, Rudy on Nurkic, and Conley on Allen and let Jaden and Ant guard Booker and Beal?

I lean to putting KAT on Durant, but you have to hope he can stay out of foul trouble.
I think his length and size bothers Durant more, and it puts everyone else in more advantageous defensive positions, especially Rudy and Mike.

Phoenix and New Orleans are going to be the 2 matchups that challenge our defense the most.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 209

Post#566 » by Loaf_of_bread » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:29 pm

Klomp wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:Rudy is a humble guy. KAT is durant-esk.. it doesn't matter with Mike and Rudy, we will not win a championship with KAT on this team.

Because no team has won a title with Durant?

Yes. Durant is incapable of winning a championship on his own. Dude had leverage in Brooklyn and screwed that up big time. About to do the same with the sun's. Guy is a cancer.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,548

Post#567 » by BlacJacMac » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:54 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:Rudy is a humble guy. KAT is durant-esk.. it doesn't matter with Mike and Rudy, we will not win a championship with KAT on this team.

Because no team has won a title with Durant?

Yes. Durant is incapable of winning a championship on his own. Dude had leverage in Brooklyn and screwed that up big time. About to do the same with the sun's. Guy is a cancer.
so Durant will never win a championship?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,036

Post#568 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:03 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:
Klomp wrote:Because no team has won a title with Durant?

Notice the key words are "on his own". He won't do that. On your own you can't even pass the ball into play. No player ever has won a championship on his own.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,808

Post#569 » by winforlose » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:03 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:
Klomp wrote:Because no team has won a title with Durant?

I think he means without Curry/Klay/Dary carrying him. That said, I think it is more complicated. KD doesn’t want want to build anything. He wants things handed to him. That’s why he left OKC for GSW. Then in GSW people questioned his legacy and so he tried to replicate it with Kyrie and Harden (this time he could say he built it,) and then it failed. Now he is trying again with Booker and Beal. As long as he has stars around him and didn’t go to the team when it wasn’t near the top. KD is what Obama meant when said “you didn’t build it.”
Loaf_of_bread
Junior

Post#570 » by Loaf_of_bread » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:16 am

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:Yes. Durant is incapable of winning a championship on his own. Dude had leverage in Brooklyn and screwed that up big time. About to do the same with the sun's. Guy is a cancer.

Notice the key words are "on his own". He won't do that. On your own you can't even pass the ball into play. No player ever has won a championship on his own.

Well obviously there are 5 players on the court... but winning a championship without an all nba-er next to you.. LeBron has done it. Kawhi did it. Freaking Durant left to a team that won without him.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#571 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:26 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:so Durant will never win a championship?

Well obviously there are 5 players on the court... but winning a championship without an all nba-er next to you.. LeBron has done it. Kawhi did it. Freaking Durant left to a team that won without him.

LeBron's titles he had Wade and Bosh, Kyrie Irving and Anthony Davis. Teams win titles individuals don't. Basically you are saying you don't like Durant. It's coo. With a few exceptions IMO he's mostly been a class act. I too hated him joining the Warriors. We all knew those teams couldn't lose.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior

Post#572 » by Loaf_of_bread » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:53 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Notice the key words are "on his own". He won't do that. On your own you can't even pass the ball into play. No player ever has won a championship on his own.

LeBron's titles he had Wade and Bosh, Kyrie Irving and Anthony Davis. Teams win titles individuals don't. Basically you are saying you don't like Durant. It's coo. With a few exceptions IMO he's mostly been a class act. I too hated him joining the Warriors. We all knew those teams couldn't lose.

Yes, I don't care for Durant's character, and feel Kat is the same. While Kat has shown improvement, he has also shown limitations on what I believe it takes to be a leader of a championship team. And will never be capable of it.

We can call this ant's team longterm, but how right now? Dude porking chunkies on the side w a kid on the way? Not going to find any past championship teams with the likes of durant, Kat, or ant(until he grows up) leading them ...
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#573 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:57 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:

Yes, I don't care for Durant's character, and feel Kat is the same. While Kat has shown improvement, he has also shown limitations on what I believe it takes to be a leader of a championship team. And will never be capable of it.

We can call this ant's team longterm, but how right now? Dude porking chunkies on the side w a kid on the way? Not going to find any past championship teams with the likes of durant, Kat, or ant(until he grows up) leading them ...

Lots of people enjoy having sex and sometimes it leads to pregnancies. It doesn't mean Ant isn't a leader. I believe KAT is also capable of being a leader on a championship team.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior

Post#574 » by Loaf_of_bread » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:53 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:LeBron's titles he had Wade and Bosh, Kyrie Irving and Anthony Davis. Teams win titles individuals don't. Basically you are saying you don't like Durant. It's coo. With a few exceptions IMO he's mostly been a class act. I too hated him joining the Warriors. We all knew those teams couldn't lose.

Lots of people enjoy having sex and sometimes it leads to pregnancies. It doesn't mean Ant isn't a leader. I believe KAT is also capable of being a leader on a championship team.

We are certainly going to find out.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#575 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:02 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:

You understand we're not likely to win the championship this season. It's simple math. 30 teams only 1 champ. If we don't win it doesn't mean our players aren't capable. It just means it didn't happen this time.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior

Post#576 » by Loaf_of_bread » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:48 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Lots of people enjoy having sex and sometimes it leads to pregnancies. It doesn't mean Ant isn't a leader. I believe KAT is also capable of being a leader on a championship team.

You understand we're not likely to win the championship this season. It's simple math. 30 teams only 1 champ. If we don't win it doesn't mean our players aren't capable. It just means it didn't happen this time.

We're good bro, but no. There are no participation trophies.. I know it's been rough as a Wolves fan.. why even play to just say "we did our best".. ???
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#577 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:09 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:

We're good bro, but no. There are no participation trophies.. I know it's been rough as a Wolves fan.. why even play to just say "we did our best".. ???

You completely misunderstand me. I want us to win it all and I think we can. Once again I think we can. You got that? I think we can.

Odds are we don't. Simple math. If we don't it doesn't mean we were incapable of winning. If you're going to be unhappy with the whole season if we don't win it all at the end it's probably better not to bother with it.
FrenchMinnyFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 512

Post#578 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:56 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Notice the key words are "on his own". He won't do that. On your own you can't even pass the ball into play. No player ever has won a championship on his own.

Agree with that, Even the goat for me MJ would never have win all those title without Scottie, Rodman, Kerr Kukoc.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,291

Post#579 » by shrink » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:43 am

Read on Twitter

I looked it up, and it’s Gobert by a mile

3.26. Gobert

2.54. Wembanyama
2.52. Claxton
2.49. Kessler
2.46. Poetl