ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part 15): Trade Deadline Day (and onwards!)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KATKlownFeet
Sophomore
And1: 54

Re: Trade Talk (Part 15): Trade Deadline Day (and onwards!) 

Post#601 » by KATKlownFeet » Thu May 16, 2024 6:37 pm

If we trade for a point guard, it should be DeJounte Murray. I have zero interest in Trae Young and very little interest in Darius Garland whose name is making the rounds now. If we could pick up Tyus Jones with a sign and trade with our first round pick this year and Kyle, I'd have to consider that. One other idea is to sign Killian Hayes at a minimum or near minimum contract and hopefully develop him like we did NAW. He's somebody who impressed me at one point and he does play good defense. Maybe being in Detroit stunted his development. Might as well take a flyer on him over Wendell Moore.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,674

Post#602 » by Note30 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:46 pm

If we decided to trade KAT, which would be as a result of the incompetence of this FO, maybe we can do a trade with the Pelicans.

KAT for Ingram, Jones, Alvarado.

Then try to package the #24 and S&T Kyle Anderson for Tyus.

Conley/Tyus/Alvarado
Ant/NAW
Ingram/McDaniels
Herb Jones/ McDaniels
Gobert/Reid
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,700

Post#603 » by Klomp » Thu May 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Note30 wrote:If we decided to trade KAT, which would be as a result of the incompetence of this FO, maybe we can do a trade with the Pelicans.

Conley/Tyus/Alvarado
Ant/NAW
Ingram/McDaniels
Herb Jones/ McDaniels
Gobert/Reid

Pels are definitely up there for me if talking teams that make the most sense to trade with
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,605

Post#604 » by BlacJacMac » Thu May 16, 2024 8:07 pm

Note30 wrote:If we decided to trade KAT, which would be as a result of the incompetence of this FO, maybe we can do a trade with the Pelicans.

Conley/Tyus/Alvarado
Ant/NAW
Ingram/McDaniels
Herb Jones/ McDaniels
Gobert/Reid

Its interesting.

I love Herb Jones. Ingram is interesting if he can be coached into understanding he's a complimentary guy and not a star.

Not sure why the Wizards would want SloMo.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#605 » by Note30 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:29 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:

Conley/Tyus/Alvarado
Ant/NAW
Ingram/McDaniels
Herb Jones/ McDaniels
Gobert/Reid

Its interesting.

I love Herb Jones. Ingram is interesting if he can be coached into understanding he's a complimentary guy and not a star.

For the pick
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#606 » by BlacJacMac » Thu May 16, 2024 8:49 pm

Note30 wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Conley/Tyus/Alvarado
Ant/NAW
Ingram/McDaniels
Herb Jones/ McDaniels
Gobert/Reid

Its interesting.

For the pick

They're going to sign SloMo for 3 years to get the #24 pick?
KATKlownFeet
Sophomore

Post#607 » by KATKlownFeet » Thu May 16, 2024 9:06 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
Note30 wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
Its interesting.

For the pick

Why three years? Is there some rule that we can't sign and trade him unless we resign him for three years and if there were such a rule just make it team options or non-guaranteed?
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#608 » by BlacJacMac » Thu May 16, 2024 9:14 pm

KATKlownFeet wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
Note30 wrote:
For the pick

Why three years? Is there some rule that we can't sign and trade him unless we resign him for three years and if there were such a rule just make it team options or non-guaranteed?

Sign and Trades must be for a minimum of 3 years. But only the first year needs to be guaranteed. So I guess Washington might be willing if the final 2 years are team options. But would Kyle want that?
KATKlownFeet
Sophomore

Post#609 » by KATKlownFeet » Thu May 16, 2024 9:34 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
KATKlownFeet wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Sign and Trades must be for a minimum of 3 years. But only the first year needs to be guaranteed. So I guess Washington might be willing if the final 2 years are team options. But would Kyle want that?

No idea. The idea is trading the first for Tyus and add salaries to match. I know Tyus is a free agent too, but I assume whatever exceptions we might have wouldn't be enough. But honestly I don't care if we trade Kyle, Wendell, Minott, JMac, Moore etc. As long as we don't trade Leonard Miller or any other rotation player, I'm good.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#610 » by BlacJacMac » Thu May 16, 2024 9:36 pm

KATKlownFeet wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
KATKlownFeet wrote:

No idea. The idea is trading the first for Tyus and add salaries to match. I know Tyus is a free agent too, but I assume whatever exceptions we might have wouldn't be enough. But honestly I don't care if we trade Kyle, Wendell, Minott, JMac, Moore etc. As long as we don't trade Leonard Miller or any other rotation player, I'm good.

Sure. But we have to convince both the Wizards and the player we want to trade to make it happen.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,677

Post#611 » by jpatrick » Thu May 16, 2024 10:01 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
KATKlownFeet wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Sure. But we have to convince both the Wizards and the player we want to trade to make it happen.

Financially this is a complete non-starter. We can’t pay $95m to Rudy/KAT, another $65m to Ant/Jaden, about $15m to Naz, and pay $25m+ to the point guard position. Conley already is getting 10. Tyus will want to get paid. We are not going to acquire an NBA starting level PG u less we trade one of those highly paid guys.

Here’s the guy I like. I like what OKC did, getting a defensive shooting PG, Cason Wallace, next to SGA. The guy in this draft that has some of those same vibes is combo guard Devin Carter. He’s probably mid teens in the draft. I’m not sure what it’d take to get up that high, but I’d love to see someone like that on the roster to develop under Conley.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,230

Post#612 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu May 16, 2024 10:19 pm

Conley/Tyus/Alvarado
Ant/NAW
Ingram/McDaniels
Herb Jones/ McDaniels
Gobert/Reid

Im not sure this is realistic twosome for us to get either way. But Ingram and Herb are very nice players. But too many starting wings with those 2, Jaden and Ant.

Maybe possible scenario of sending Herb Jones to Cavs for Garland? We need the PG talent more then another defensive wing. Even if herb is elite at it.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,677

Post#613 » by jpatrick » Thu May 16, 2024 10:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=XQD5PNDwat0WI1cFRdOyRQ

Would be a terrible fit here for the same reason he is a bad fit next to Mitchell, another guard that requires the ball in his hands (like Ant). Garland good shooter/scorer but is better with the ball in his hands and is a terrible defender.
Guest84
Rookie
And1: 519

Post#614 » by Guest84 » Thu May 16, 2024 11:12 pm

Wolves need some physical, hard-nosed players to run with Ant. We have enough tall, slim finesse guys. Especially since most of our bigs are finesse as well.

In other words, Ant needs some more "dogs" around him. I personally want no parts of Tyus, Ingram, etc. Especially since Ant himself stated BI doesn't like physicality.

While idk if any trades will be made, I think Jaden, Karl, Kyle (S&T), Morris, and even Rudy to a certain extent could be up for grabs in the right deal. I think tonights' outcome will dictate some of these decisions.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,595

Post#615 » by younggunsmn » Thu May 16, 2024 11:30 pm

Conley/Tyus/Alvarado
Ant/NAW
Ingram/McDaniels
Herb Jones/ McDaniels
Gobert/Reid

You want to Sign and Trade a guy who has regressed so badly he's going to have a really hard time finding more than a vet minimum?

We can't afford to invest any money in backup PG and Tyus Jones isn't going to help us beat anyone.
In case you missed how Finch pretty much flatly refuses to play anyone he doesn't consider as being able to play plus plus defense in the playoffs.

With rumors Garland wants out if Mitchell extends, KAT to cleveland for Garland is intriguing.
Although they will have serious questions about his supermax with Mobley needing an extension.

Kenny Smith actually had a good point about how when Ant is playing wing and attacking from the wings, there are fewer eyes on him.
Conley is more of a corner PG. If we added a PG who was a legit threat from the top of the floor the way Garland is, it could help unlock Ant.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#616 » by BlacJacMac » Thu May 16, 2024 11:42 pm

younggunsmn wrote:

Conley/Tyus/Alvarado
Ant/NAW
Ingram/McDaniels
Herb Jones/ McDaniels
Gobert/Reid

You want to Sign and Trade a guy who has regressed so badly he's going to have a really hard time finding more than a vet minimum?

We can't afford to invest any money in backup PG and Tyus Jones isn't going to help us beat anyone.
In case you missed how Finch pretty much flatly refuses to play anyone he doesn't consider as being able to play plus plus defense in the playoffs.

With rumors Garland wants out if Mitchell extends, KAT to cleveland for Garland is intriguing.
Although they will have serious questions about his supermax with Mobley needing an extension.

Kenny Smith actually had a good point about how when Ant is playing wing and attacking from the wings, there are fewer eyes on him.
Conley is more of a corner PG. If we added a PG who was a legit threat from the top of the floor the way Garland is, it could help unlock Ant.

These 2 statements seem to completely contradict each other.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#617 » by Note30 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:57 am

younggunsmn wrote:

Conley/Tyus/Alvarado
Ant/NAW
Ingram/McDaniels
Herb Jones/ McDaniels
Gobert/Reid

I do not want Garland on this team. A corner PG is more who we need. I rather have a legitimate other scoring wing to pair with Ant than a short PG.

Tyus is one of the few PGs on the market available. If we can draft a better player with the pick I'm game and have Alvarado (from the above trade) be the hound on defense that he is.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,261

Post#618 » by Neeva » Fri May 17, 2024 3:10 am

Cleveland fans don’t even want Garland on their team on his contract, dude is weak and has had two horrible playoffs in a row. He might have peaked already and he plays NO defense.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#619 » by younggunsmn » Fri May 17, 2024 7:25 am

I don't know what caused Garland to fall off so hard, but he was pretty decent the previous 2 seasons.
Are the injuries starting to limit his athleticism?
I know coming into the draft injuries were the big question with him.

The problem for Cleveland is Mitchell plays no defense either. I don't care how good your frontcourt is on that end, you can't win with two undersized poor defenders in the backcourt.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant

Post#620 » by younggunsmn » Fri May 17, 2024 7:28 am

Note30 wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:

Conley/Tyus/Alvarado
Ant/NAW
Ingram/McDaniels
Herb Jones/ McDaniels
Gobert/Reid

I do not want Garland on this team. A corner PG is more who we need. I rather have a legitimate other scoring wing to pair with Ant than a short PG.

Tyus is one of the few PGs on the market available. If we can draft a better player with the pick I'm game and have Alvarado (from the above trade) be the hound on defense that he is.

Tyus is way too expensive where we already have a roster full of players who are already too expensive.

Only possible path to Tyus is S/T for Naz and not only do I not want to pay Tyus at the MLE+, I don't like that trade.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves