ImageImageImage

Game 16: Timberwolves (4-11) at Clippers (9:30 p.m., FSN)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Re: Game 16: Timberwolves (4-11) at Clippers (9:30 p.m., FSN 

Post#81 » by Nitroglycerin » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:59 am

Keep Adrien!
Trust the PRosas!
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,821

Post#82 » by Calinks » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:01 am

Not sure if there are more active fans in the league who have seen their team get clowned as much as we have over the years.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Ashwinz.
Sixth Man
And1: 574

Post#83 » by Ashwinz. » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:01 am

Zach, just drive and dunk. Don't pass with 40 seconds left. Give me some hope!!!
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#84 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:03 am

Feilong wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:I hope this latest examples shows to our FO that you can't win without defence, you can't win with a Front court of Pekovic / K.Love, you can't win with a frount court of Pekovic / T.Young because they don't DEFEND.

So stop giving bad contracts to a bad defenders. And build a balanced team, 10 years without playoff, we are a joke. Nobody take us serious.

By the way, im starting to think that giving up that pick to Philadelphia for T.Young was a big mistake.

This is the perfect team to tank. They don't defend, period.

Yes trading Young is a mistake because they knew Rubio, Martin will be injured.
Yes they knew Dieng would become a D-league player, or Bud would fight to play even in Europe.
And this year Pek is playing mediocre defense as always but Dieng is even worse.

Dieng earns 1/12 of what Pek does. And guess what, he is better than Pek, and guess, what, he is not in a suit. (Yeah that was predictable) So, now for Rubio going down is a excuse for eveybody. I like Rubio, my favorite player in the Nba, but since he was down is:

Thad played bad ? Excuse :Rubio injured.

Same for Pek, Martin, Brewer, Bud, Dieng, whatever.

I'm just making a question, what was Flip idea ? To build the team last year Like that ? To bring Thad with Pek Again this year ?
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,246

Post#85 » by GopherIt! » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:03 am

Calinks wrote:Not sure if there are more active fans in the league who have seen their team get clowned as much as we have over the years.

Minneapolis Clowns
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#86 » by NewWolvesOrder » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:06 am

Adrien was very productive in his limited start, in garbage time though but that stat line looks really nice.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,246

Post#87 » by GopherIt! » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:10 am

I thought about going to this game for a nanosecond.

The pups looked shell shocked out there tonight.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#88 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:15 am

Worm Guts wrote:Without Thad this gets even worse. I don't know that we can afford to trade him.

They can't afford to lose him in free agency for nothing and they can't afford to overpay him to stay. Trading him would be the prudent move. And it's not like they're doing him wrong, It'd be good for him too to go play for a less depressing team.

Everything changed when everybody went down, they need to consider moving Thad first and foremost.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#89 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:16 am

Turnover_21 wrote:Adrien was very productive in his limited start, in garbage time though but that stat line looks really nice.

he plays with power and cleans the glass, Wolves need that big time
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#90 » by Feilong » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:20 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Feilong wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:I hope this latest examples shows to our FO that you can't win without defence, you can't win with a Front court of Pekovic / K.Love, you can't win with a frount court of Pekovic / T.Young because they don't DEFEND.

So stop giving bad contracts to a bad defenders. And build a balanced team, 10 years without playoff, we are a joke. Nobody take us serious.

By the way, im starting to think that giving up that pick to Philadelphia for T.Young was a big mistake.

This is the perfect team to tank. They don't defend, period.

Yes they knew Dieng would become a D-league player, or Bud would fight to play even in Europe.
And this year Pek is playing mediocre defense as always but Dieng is even worse.

Dieng earns 1/12 of what Pek does. And guess what, he is better than Pek, and guess, what, he is not in a suit. (Yeah that was predictable) So, now for Rubio going down is a excuse for eveybody. I like Rubio, my favorite player in the Nba, but since he was down is:

I'm just making a question, what was Flip idea ? To build the team last year Like that ? To bring Thad with Pek Again this year ?

How is he better than Pek?
Last year Dieng showed some potential. He showed that he can rebound, he can block shots, he can score occasionally. And we said with more experience he could become something special.
This year (so far), will all the experience from last year, will all the experience from World Cup he is showing ZERO ability to rebound. He is a 7 footer amongst short guys and today again only 1 def rebound.
This year he is not even trying to block shots, he is playing Love's defense (hands down). Today again 0 blocks.
He is bullied every time on 1-on-1 situations, he provides zero help defense, he doesn't block shots, he doesn't rebound. If all this makes him a better player than Pek then ... i don't want to say something offensive.
Yes Dieng is payed 1/10 of what Pek is and he is not injured, but these are the only good things about him this year. He needs to improve a lot just to become a backup Center.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#91 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:29 am

Feilong wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
Feilong wrote:

How is he better than Pek?
Last year Dieng showed some potential. He showed that he can rebound, he can block shots, he can score occasionally. And we said with more experience he could become something special.
This year (so far), will all the experience from last year, will all the experience from World Cup he is showing ZERO ability to rebound. He is a 7 footer amongst short guys and today again only 1 def rebound.
This year he is not even trying to block shots, he is playing Love's defense (hands down). Today again 0 blocks.
He is bullied every time on 1-on-1 situations, he provides zero help defense, he doesn't block shots, he doesn't rebound. If all this makes him a better player than Pek then ... i don't want to say something offensive.
Yes Dieng is payed 1/10 of what Pek is and he is not injured, but these are the only good things about him this year. He needs to improve a lot just to become a backup Center.

So you see the problem right ?

Dieng is not playing good earning 1/10 of what Pek makes, but at same Pek when is on the floor has pretty much the same problems + injuries that Dieng.

So, my point is, what was Flip idea to build a team with a front court of Love / Pek. ( was Flip that sign that awful deal with Pek) and this year, Pek - Thad ?

He wants to win with no defence ?
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#92 » by Feilong » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:49 am

^
You still don't get it?
Pek is a 10x better scorer, a better rebounder and this year a better defender than Dieng.
Yes Pek is overpayed, we all said that.
He wasn't a good pair with Love defensively (they were great offensively), and he isn't a good pair with Young.
But he was the best center available (who we unfortunately overpayed + is constantly injured) and we know Adelman went all in.
Well Dieng was supposed to solved some or the majority of the defensive problems. Has he? He is even worse than Pek.
I don't want to continue this conversation. You wrote your post and 4-5 different guys answered you. You should think for a minute maybe you are wrong.
CPThree
Banned User
And1: 126

Post#93 » by CPThree » Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:58 am

Damn, Shabazz has had some nice games in the past couple of weeks but tonight was insane.

If he gets the starting job - and he should, why the hell not - I see him doing some really nice work. He's got insane physical tools, great scoring ability and already has some very interesting Per 36 stats.

18 pts/7 rebounds/1 assist/1 steal is the sort of line I'd expect him to average with starters minutes. Nice percentages too.

Good for any fantasy players out there.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#94 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Dec 2, 2014 7:03 am

Feilong wrote:^
You still don't get it?
Pek is a 10x better scorer, a better rebounder and this year a better defender than Dieng.
He wasn't a good pair with Love defensively (they were great offensively), and he isn't a good pair with Young.
But he was the best center available (who we unfortunately overpayed + is constantly injured) and we know Adelman went all in.
Well Dieng was supposed to solved some or the majority of the defensive problems. Has he? He is even worse than Pek.
I don't want to continue this conversation. You wrote your post and 4-5 different guys answered you. You should think for a minute maybe you are wrong.

You still didn't awser my main question, what is Flip doing ? Give an idea.

And by the way.

Defensive :
"He is even worse than Pek"
Good one LOL

I dont't like to bring stats, but please, take a look, with less minutes and - better players around him.

http://stats.nba.com/vs/#!/?PlayerID=20 ... range=2014
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#95 » by ace625214 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 7:35 am

mercgold3 wrote:
You still don't get it?

And by the way.

Defensive :
Good one LOL

I dont't like to bring stats, but please, take a look, with less minutes and - better players around him.

So Dieng averages 1 block more per game? Man, that would make him a much better defender than Pek if he didn't have a higher FG% allowed at every single spot on the floor other than 20-24ft, along with a league-worst FG% at the rim.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#96 » by big3_8_19_21 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 7:46 am

The best thing about this season is that at the end of it, everyone's contract will be one year shorter.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#97 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Dec 2, 2014 8:15 am

ace625214 wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:
You still don't get it?

And by the way.

Defensive :
Good one LOL

So Dieng averages 1 block more per game? Man, that would make him a much better defender than Pek if he didn't have a higher FG% allowed at every single spot on the floor other than 20-24ft, along with a league-worst FG% at the rim.

So, both playing bad, but...

Dieng also makes -10M$ than Pek, and he is playing.

Well, let's agreed that Dieng is not playing well, ok.

Now, let's agreed that giving to Pek 12 M$ a year was a dumb move, like giving up 5M$ to Budinger was a dumb move, or trading D.Williams for Mbah a Moute was a dumb move.

So i ask again, anybody knows what Flip is try to build ?

He said in the begining of the season that he wanted win right now. With what ? No defense ?
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,487

Re: AW: Game 16: Timberwolves (4-11) at Clippers (9:30 p.m., 

Post#98 » by Foye » Tue Dec 2, 2014 8:50 am

You guys are overreacting.

It was to be expected that we get absolutely torn apart in the 2nd night of a b2b without Rubio, Martin &Pek by a playoff team like the Clippers.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using RealGM Forums mobile app
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#99 » by MinneOOPalis » Tue Dec 2, 2014 9:13 am

You guys are dumb as ****. Thad's mom just died. That will **** with your head. Flip is doing the honorable thing and letting him play through it.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#100 » by packforfreedom » Tue Dec 2, 2014 9:39 am

Shabazz is the best player of the team at the moment. Flip should think about not playing zone anymore, it's clearly working only the first 5 minutes, till everybody screws up the schemes.

So please let's not lose against the sixers.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves