ImageImageImage

Shooting 54% in the 1st half, down 22...

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

joyner82
Banned User
And1: 3

Shooting 54% in the 1st half, down 22... 

Post#1 » by joyner82 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 12:16 am

How is this even possible...Durant dropping 20 in the 1st is somewhat the reason but still.
allweneedisLOVE
Banned User
And1: 26

Re: Shooting 54% in the 1st half, down 22... 

Post#2 » by allweneedisLOVE » Mon Apr 5, 2010 12:25 am

Have you seen us play defense
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#3 » by TheProdigy » Mon Apr 5, 2010 12:26 am

allweneedisLOVE wrote:Have you seen us play defense

No, have you?
Breakdown777
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#4 » by Breakdown777 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 2:08 am

DaKidKG wrote:
allweneedisLOVE wrote:Have you seen us play defense

No, have you?

:lol:
"Llevaré mi talento a Minnesota".
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,459

Post#5 » by Foye » Mon Apr 5, 2010 11:26 am

Russell Westbrook almost outassisted our whole team xD

Westbrook 16 assists, all Wolves 18
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#6 » by Dewey » Mon Apr 5, 2010 2:29 pm

Then this form the Strib.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rambis wrote the number 43 on his coach's marker board in the huddle after the first quarter.

"I let them know that was ridiculous and absurd of a number to give up defensively," he said. "They made some progress in the second quarter. They really got themselves animated in the second half."

Flynn didn't agree with the lack of energy and emotion explanation. He pointed to Kevin Durant's 7-for-9 shooting for 20 first-quarter points, half of his 40 on Sunday.

"If you were watching what I was watching in the first quarter, they weren't missing any shots," Flynn said. "Kevin Durant might have missed one shot in the first quarter. I don't think it was bad defense."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes you just need to step up and take some accountability as a playerr.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,965

Post#7 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 5, 2010 2:37 pm

Dewey wrote:Sometimes you just need to step up and take some accountability as a playerr.

I was disappointed when Jonny said that about Kurt. I hope this is an isolated incident where the two are disagreeing, but I have my doubts.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#8 » by Worm Guts » Mon Apr 5, 2010 2:39 pm

What did Jonny say about Kurt?
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#9 » by Biff Cooper » Mon Apr 5, 2010 3:12 pm

Worm Guts wrote:What did Jonny say about Kurt?

Are you just trying to stir something up? From reading this, it seems like Kurt and Flynn are not seeing eye-to-eye as to what was the main cause of OKC putting up a big first half against us, and that Flynn contradicted Rambis in talking to the media.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#10 » by Worm Guts » Mon Apr 5, 2010 3:43 pm

A reporter asked Flynn a question and Rambis a question and got different responses. When you ask two people the same question, you're not necessarily going to get the same response. From the quoted piece of the article, I'm not sure Flynn was even aware of what Rambis said.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#11 » by Tirion » Mon Apr 5, 2010 3:53 pm

Worm Guts wrote:A reporter asked Flynn a question and Rambis a question and got different responses. When you ask two people the same question, you're not necessarily going to get the same response. From the quoted piece of the article, I'm not sure Flynn was even aware of what Rambis said.

lol, so the coach chewed the team out after the first quarter about not playing any defense and Flynn still had the audacity to claim that it wasn't players fault after the game. What, he forgot what his coach was telling him half an hour ago?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#12 » by Worm Guts » Mon Apr 5, 2010 3:58 pm

Tirion wrote:
lol, so the coach chewed the team out after the first quarter about not playing any defense and Flynn still had the audacity to claim that it wasn't players fault after the game. What, he forgot what his coach was telling him half an hour ago?

He had his opinion. It's kind of a dumb opinion, but that doesn't make it a shot at Rambis.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#13 » by digitaldropoff » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:19 pm

Audacity? He answered the question honestly. Our defense has been far worse....but when they basically don't miss....what the hell are you supposed to say/do? I only caught a bit of the game...but having Ryan Gomes on Durant in any capacity is just moronic. But in this case, I think both guys are right. We were playing terrible defense...they got called out and did SLIGHTLY better. Flynn is just a rook still learning both in the media and on the floor. Next year he'll have a more politically correct answer for everyone to critique.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#14 » by Krapinsky » Mon Apr 5, 2010 5:56 pm

I really hope we get someone who can be a defensive stopper in this draft. Pondexter or Robinson maybe?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#15 » by horaceworthy » Mon Apr 5, 2010 10:25 pm

Dewey wrote:Then this form the Strib.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rambis wrote the number 43 on his coach's marker board in the huddle after the first quarter.

"I let them know that was ridiculous and absurd of a number to give up defensively," he said. "They made some progress in the second quarter. They really got themselves animated in the second half."

Flynn didn't agree with the lack of energy and emotion explanation. He pointed to Kevin Durant's 7-for-9 shooting for 20 first-quarter points, half of his 40 on Sunday.

"If you were watching what I was watching in the first quarter, they weren't missing any shots," Flynn said. "Kevin Durant might have missed one shot in the first quarter. I don't think it was bad defense."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes you just need to step up and take some accountability as a playerr.

And sometimes you need to give credit where credit's due. I disagree with Jonny in that I do think they played bad defense, but it's not like the Wolves are the only team Durant does that to.

I do agree with Jonny that energy and emotion weren't the problems, talent and execution were.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves