Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

TrueHoop on Brewer 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 8, 2010 8:08 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... mprovement

Kurt Rambis said, when he was hired, that you had a chance to be a special NBA defender. Is that still your calling card?
"I feel like I'm a good defensive player. The way I play, that's a big part of it. But I'm just not going to let my game stay still. That's why I have worked so hard to add things at the other end of the floor.

"I'll always play defense. No matter what. That's what I do. That's what's got me into the league, and that's what's going to keep me here, but I'm not going to stop there."

Are there any defensive performances that stand out from this season?
"I don't know. When you're losing, it's hard to get too excited about your defense. I get so mad at losing. When we lose, even if I have a great defensive performance, I just try to block it out."

What's your defensive philosophy?
"I just want to make sure they know that I'm there all night. I'm going to hit them, scratch them, foul a lot. I just want to make sure they know I'm there all night."

Scratching ... are you one of those players who leaves his fingernails long?
"No, I wouldn't do that. I'm just saying that I'm going to bother people. I'm skinny, so I've got to do whatever I can do."

How much do you weigh?
"Probably about 190. I have my weight up from about 180."

Wow. I think an average American who weighs 180 is probably about 5-6. How tall are you?
"6-8, 6-9."

You're skinny!
"I'm skinny. That's a little thing I've got to work on this summer: Putting on some weight."

Who's your least favorite player to guard?
"That would be Carmelo. He's all about going to that block. He's going to be there all night."

You set a team-record by hitting a 3 in 33 straight games. At what point did you become aware of that, and were you doing anything special?
"No one thought that would ever happen two years ago. I wasn't aware of it until we got to like 25 and everybody started talking about it. I was just playing. I just felt like my game was finally coming together. Everything was just flowing. My defense. My offense ... that was probably my best [stretch]."

That was only about half of it.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Re: TrueHoop on Brewer 

Post#2 » by john2jer » Thu Apr 8, 2010 9:45 pm

Who was interviewing him? The little clip makes it sound like a middle school kid.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#3 » by Basti » Thu Apr 8, 2010 11:43 pm

john2jer wrote:Who was interviewing him? The little clip makes it sound like a middle school kid.

if it had not been understandable to read I definitely would have said it was Lobo.
hijacktheparade
Starter
And1: 4

Post#4 » by hijacktheparade » Thu Apr 8, 2010 11:58 pm

Brewer answered those questions nicely.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#5 » by Biff Cooper » Fri Apr 9, 2010 12:36 am

It seems like Brewer is always sagging off his guy trying to play help defense. I'd like to see Rambis tell him to not sag at all one game and see if he can just shut down the guy he's guarding for the game. I think it would be helpful to see if Brewer really can be a shut-down defender.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#6 » by southern wolf » Fri Apr 9, 2010 4:47 am

Some stupid questions in there, but I like what he said about his defense. He knows where he's at, and he knows he's still got work to do.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves