Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#61 » by jade_hippo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:35 am

CoffeeJanitor wrote:
jade_hippo wrote:
B Calrissian wrote:I wouldn't dwell on the starter much.
I probably just repeated the exact same stuff I said in an earlier post but oh well.

I also bought Goldeneye 007 and i've been awake for like 40 hours. Playtime is at a premium right now. I just haven't been inspired to get my Pokedex on.
It's a nice remake. Do you have either of the Mario Galaxies? Those are some of the most well-made games I've ever played.

i did the DS version of 007. i'm really impressed with how well they did an FPS on a handheld. I hate FPS's but I remember enjoying Goldeneye the first time around so took a chance on it while I decide if I want to buy MassEffect 2, DragonAge2, a PSP, or a 3Ds. (chances are I just end up playing FF Tactics over and don't get any)

I really didn't enjoy Galaxy at all, I never bought the second one. Outside of Cooking Mama, and Animal Crossing, I've been a tad disapointed in the Wii's lineup.
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#62 » by jade_hippo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:37 am

I picked the water guy!
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#63 » by B Calrissian » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:43 am

jade_hippo wrote:I picked the water guy!

I traded an Eevee for another one of those last night. Then traded it for a tepig since I haven't had one of those yet. I also got a Blastoise. I always tell myself I'm only going to trade for 10-15min but I always keep looking for good trade partners for atleast an hour.
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 66

Post#64 » by PeeDee » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:44 am

If you like FF Tactics, do yourself a favor and pick up a PSP with Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. Also FF Tactics on PSP is much better than the PS1 version.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,334

Post#65 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:47 am

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#66 » by jade_hippo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:54 am

B Calrissian wrote:

I traded an Eevee for another one of those last night. Then traded it for a tepig since I haven't had one of those yet. I also got a Blastoise. I always tell myself I'm only going to trade for 10-15min but I always keep looking for good trade partners for atleast an hour.

My two priorities are going to be finding a Skitty and a Bulbasaur. I've never been a really great dualist, but my quirky little tricks tends to piss off really serious battlers. They challenge me and all their guys are all like shiney Legendary's and out pops my pathetic little Skitty. Skitty normalize/Primape Close Combat 1-2 punch has F'ed up more legendaries than I ever imagined, it has to be kind of embarrassing to lose to something like that.
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#67 » by B Calrissian » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 am

jade_hippo wrote:
B Calrissian wrote:

My two priorities are going to be finding a Skitty and a Bulbasaur. I've never been a really great dualist, but my quirky little tricks tends to piss off really serious battlers. They challenge me and all their guys are all like shiney Legendary's and out pops my pathetic little Skitty. Skitty normalize/Primape Close Combat 1-2 punch has F'ed up more legendaries than I ever imagined, it has to be kind of embarrassing to lose to something like that.

Ha that sounds funny. I saw a youtube video of a guy beating someone with a magicarp, can't remember how he did it. Stat boosting then baton pass or something. I was offered a Bulbasaur once but haven't seen a Skitty.
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#68 » by CoffeeJanitor » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:14 am

jade_hippo wrote:
B Calrissian wrote:

People who use legendaries on non-all legendary battles are lame. Just destroys all strategy being used
*Kebo 4 MVP*
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#69 » by jade_hippo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:47 am

Is there a thing at the end of this game like the last one where I can catch Squirtles and Psyducks and stuff? Palpark! is there one of those in this game?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,943

Post#70 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:15 am

Just finished my brother's rookie season on My Player. He helped the Wolves finish on a 9 game winning streak to close the season (37-45 overall), and was 2nd team all-rookie averaging 12 pts, 7 rebs. I was strongly considering returning to the Wolves for my sophomore campaign, but was offered a starting spot with the World Champion Boston Celtics so I had to take it. I also had offers from New Orleans and Philadelphia.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#71 » by funkatron101 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:40 pm

It looks fantastic, doesn't it?
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#72 » by Foye » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:41 pm

funkatron101 wrote:

It looks fantastic, doesn't it?

Yeah, looks really good.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#73 » by Esohny » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:55 pm

Calrissian, did you pick up that Sega Genesis Collection?

I just finished Shining In The Darkness, classic dungeon crawl RPG. Still pretty fun.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#74 » by B Calrissian » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:19 am

Esohny wrote:Calrissian, did you pick up that Sega Genesis Collection?

I just finished Shining In The Darkness, classic dungeon crawl RPG. Still pretty fun.

Not yet. I've been playing so much pokemon that I haven't really thought about my ps3 lately.

jade_hippo wrote:Is there a thing at the end of this game like the last one where I can catch Squirtles and Psyducks and stuff? Palpark! is there one of those in this game?

Not sure about that. I got a bulbasaur and a skitty(normalize) you can have. I just need help evolving my porygon and maybe a poliwhirl. I need to get the items for porygon to hold first tho.

I beat the 8 gyms and can only remember 1 of them. They were all way too easy and I wasn't overleveled either. I wish I could transfer some of the pokemon I have on this version to Heart Gold.
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#75 » by CoffeeJanitor » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:30 am

I believe there is a pokemon transfer place in one of the aftergame cities. I haven't beaten it yet though so I don't know for sure
*Kebo 4 MVP*
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#76 » by B Calrissian » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:32 am

CoffeeJanitor wrote:I believe there is a pokemon transfer place in one of the aftergame cities. I haven't beaten it yet though so I don't know for sure

I think you can only transfer to b/w and not from b/w. I hope I'm wrong tho.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,334

Post#77 » by Calinks » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:26 am

So I went back to college hoops 2K8. Such a great basketball game. Might be the mot fun I have had with a sports game ever. Love the march madness in there.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#78 » by jade_hippo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:49 am

B Calrissian wrote:
Esohny wrote:Calrissian, did you pick up that Sega Genesis Collection?

Not yet. I've been playing so much pokemon that I haven't really thought about my ps3 lately.
Phantasy Stars are the gem here. these blow away anything Final Fantasy had put out at the time, and most of their current titles too.

jade_hippo wrote:Is there a thing at the end of this game like the last one where I can catch Squirtles and Psyducks and stuff? Palpark! is there one of those in this game?

Not sure about that. I got a bulbasaur and a skitty(normalize) you can have. I just need help evolving my porygon and maybe a poliwhirl. I need to get the items for porygon to hold first tho.

I beat the 8 gyms and can only remember 1 of them. They were all way too easy and I wasn't overleveled either. I wish I could transfer some of the pokemon I have on this version to Heart Gold.[/quote]

I just finished that bug forest place after Team Rocket stole the thinger from the gym. I'm really hoping that the pokemon diversify a lot quicker after this. It seems you find one or two new guys at each town that you almost have to catch to beat the gym easily, its really ruins any strategizing you'd need to do since its quite obvious your new pokemon is going to absolutely rule anything you see in the gym.
pumunga
Junior
And1: 5

Post#79 » by pumunga » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:31 am

Hello all, first thing, the PSP2 looks amazing, any idea how much that will cost?
Batman game looks sick.
In that video of 2K11, how do you get that thing says your timing to show up ? (red or green thing)
Love all the Pokemon love, havent played any new games but occasionaly will whip out the old school gameboy and classic red or blue.

theGreatRC wrote:I downloaded Rubio from player DNA and added him to the Wolves and started association mode.

How do you do this? Or what does this mean? and does it have to be associaton mode

Has anyone ever played Dynasty Warriors game? If so which one is the best
Thanks
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,943

Post#80 » by Klomp » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:56 am

pumunga wrote:In that video of 2K11, how do you get that thing says your timing to show up ? (red or green thing)

In-game pause menu, Options, My NBA Settings, Presentation

pumunga wrote:How do you do this? Or what does this mean? and does it have to be associaton mode

In 2k Share. No it doesn't.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves