Nemanja Bjelica

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Re: Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#841 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 6, 2015 9:04 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:I bet there's a player option on the 3rd year, there's no way you get this guy on a 3 year deal for this money if there is no clause helping him get more if he pans out.

Woj would've said something about a player option if there was a player option.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#842 » by Saltine » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:10 pm

He really wanted to get to the NBA. That is a bargain deal :-)
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#843 » by Nitroglycerin » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:16 pm

or maybe he just wants to be with the Timberwolves that much :)
Trust the PRosas!
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#844 » by Esohny » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:17 pm

Saltine wrote:He really wanted to get to the NBA. That is a bargain deal :-)

Yup. Here's hoping he greatly outplays it as the starting PF and earns a big extension in a few years.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#845 » by MrTwister » Tue Jul 7, 2015 12:06 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:I bet there's a player option on the 3rd year, there's no way you get this guy on a 3 year deal for this money if there is no clause helping him get more if he pans out.

I dont think there is any option.There is on-going rate for players like him, established euro players which are major contributors for their teams.It usually goes from 10-15m $ 3 year deals.Mirotic got a little more because he is younger than them.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#846 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Jul 7, 2015 12:18 am

MrTwister wrote:

I dont think there is any option.There is on-going rate for players like him, established euro players which are major contributors for their teams.It usually goes from 10-15m $ 3 year deals.Mirotic got a little more because he is younger than them.

Yeah, but after the FO's showed what the state of the market is by dishing out all these big contracts in the last week or so, I thought Bjelica's agent would demand more, as I think Mirotic's agent would too had he seen this. The future reality is that everybody will get 1 to 5 millions more than they would a couple of years before, simply because of the new TV deal.
mondry
Senior
And1: 274

Post#847 » by mondry » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:13 am

Well, if he didn't take our deal what's his other option? Stay in Europe for even less money? I mean think about it...
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,145

Post#848 » by GopherIt! » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:32 am

C.lupus wrote:
Klomp wrote:#NeverForget

Can't decide which I'm trying to forget more, the Wes Johnson pick or the jerseys.

1. That smile
2. Anything to do w Syracuse
3. Those jerseys
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#849 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:34 am

mondry wrote:Well, if he didn't take our deal what's his other option? Stay in Europe for even less money? I mean think about it...

The thing is, even tho he would get less money, the work he'd have to do would be a lot easier, and the whole transfer to the other culture and moving so far away from his home would be avoided. He'd probably get around 2 to 3 mil in Europe while playing significantly less games, which isn't that much less money. The top 5 European clubs have ~40 mil budget on average, it's not that far away from the nba. You have to consider all that as well.

I'm from Serbia and I actually have a friend who is a family friend of Bjelica's, and what he told me is that Nemanja actually wanted to stay in Europe, but that his wife convinced him to go to the NBA, so I'm guessing the negotiations weren't as smooth as it might seem they were.
Saltine
Lead Assistant

Post#850 » by Saltine » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:49 am

mondry wrote:Well, if he didn't take our deal what's his other option? Stay in Europe for even less money? I mean think about it...

He was making €1.4 million, net, over there, this new deal pays him about €1.6 million. Once you take out taxes and agents fees. So it's a small raise on his old deal.

I assume he could have made at least €3 million if he stayed over there. Linas Kleiza was on his Turkish team and was getting paid €3.3 million. It would be difficult not to pay the league MVP something like that... so he took a pretty massive future earnings cut to come to the NBA. His next deal should have started around the equivalent of $8 million a year in Europe.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,419

Post#851 » by Calinks » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:30 am

In B4 he schools Kevin Love for the next 5 years whenever they go head to head.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#852 » by minimus » Tue Jul 7, 2015 8:08 am

Now we need to wait new KG contract. I doubt that Kevin will harm our financial situaton. Bjelica's contract is bargain and gives us so much flexibility to move forward. I'm okay to keep AB this season, since Nemanja's and KG's contract are relatively cheap.
P.S. Do we have the rest of MLE to spend?
Saltine
Lead Assistant

Post#853 » by Saltine » Tue Jul 7, 2015 8:30 am

We don't have any roster spots, so it doesn't matter much how much cash Flip has available, lol

With Towns + Tyus + Bjelica, the Wolves are at $67,765,080. Which is probably $800k to $1.4 million under the cap, though we won't know exactly what that cap is until Wednesday.
KG's deal may be $6 to $8 million, so around ~$75 million. The Tax will probably start around $83 million, so it doesn't matter much, no cash to do anything, or roster spots.

Next season they should be at least $25 million under the cap.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#854 » by Worm Guts » Tue Jul 7, 2015 10:46 am

Brown's deal isn't guaranteed, so we do have a spot if we want it. And we have a portion of the MLE to spend, but that's probably less than 2 million.
Saltine
Lead Assistant

Post#855 » by Saltine » Tue Jul 7, 2015 11:16 am

Worm Guts wrote:Brown's deal isn't guaranteed, so we do have a spot if we want it. And we have a portion of the MLE to spend, but that's probably less than 2 million.

Yep, though Browns deal becomes guaranteed in August, if he isn't cut.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#856 » by packforfreedom » Tue Jul 7, 2015 11:42 am

what a deal, this seems like robbery, maybe there's an additional illegal deal in place? (just kidding)

a pretty much complete offseason so far. Flip is actually turning this franchise around.
Amateur Wannabe
Junior
And1: 44

Post#857 » by Amateur Wannabe » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:52 pm

I don't know if you guys know that Bjelica made his breakthrough playing at point guard position for Red Star Belgrade (Crvena zvezda) of the Adriatic League, back some 7-8 years ago. Since I am a Red Star fan, I remeber people comparing him to Tony Kukoč. So, a legit ball handler and a truly high BBIQ. Actually legendary coach Svetislav Pešić put him there to further improve his ball handling.

Good luck with the Timberwolves! Srećno! :)
Buzzzzzz
Mrva
Freshman
And1: 21

Post#858 » by Mrva » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:54 pm

Amateur Wannabe wrote:I don't know if you guys know that Bjelica made his breakthrough playing at point guard position for Red Star Belgrade (Crvena zvezda) of the Adriatic League, back some 7-8 years ago. Since I am a Red Star fan, I remeber people comparing him to Tony Kukoč. So, a legit ball handler and a truly high BBIQ. Actually legendary coach Svetislav Pešić put him there to further improve his ball handling.

Good luck with the Timberwolves! Srećno! :)

As a fellow Serbian and a Red Star fan, I can comfirm this. He came out of nowhere and Pesic put him to play PG, and now the rest is history, he is probably the best Serbian player at the moment (with Teodosic).
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#859 » by PZiv » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:56 pm

btw I like Brown's, so they better find Budinger a new jersey to wear next season.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#860 » by urinesane » Tue Jul 7, 2015 7:56 pm

Considering Shved got 3 years 9.4 million from Kahn. I'd say Flip got a great deal.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves