Post#261 » by wildvikeswolves » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:06 am

We'll see you next year Nemanja
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Re: Nemanja Bjelica 

Post#262 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 7, 2015 6:45 am

Flip wants size and spacing at PF, well Bjelica would give us that.

Also this

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sumgjw3G_3o[/youtube]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#263 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:58 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/564120725624061952[/tweet]
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#264 » by minimus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:42 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/568773710238392321[/tweet]
I see in Bjelica as euro school type player with competitive spirit. I'll be happy if he can get some skills and heart from KG.

It would be interesting if Dieng, AB and Payne develop into solid players, Pek stays healthy, we sign Bjelica to reasonable contract. Then we select Hezonia as new Eurostar and he develops into Ginobilli/Gallinari hybrid.

Pek/Dieng/KG
Bjelica/AB/Payne
Hezonia/Shabazz/Wiggins
Wiggins/Martin/LaVine
RR/Brown/LaVine

I see a lot of playmaking skills in starting 5.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#265 » by Nitroglycerin » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:17 pm

I doubt if Flip keep all three of Bjelica,Bennett, and Payne. Bennett and Payne must show something with these remaining games
Trust the PRosas!
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#266 » by wildvikeswolves » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:36 pm

He seems to have really come on this year, or there's been a lot more talk about him at least.

I doubt Bjelica is the odd man out. More likely Bennett
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#267 » by Krapinsky » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:11 pm

So...

Payne/KG/Bennett/Bjelica
Pek/Dieng/Towns

Wow.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#268 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Yup, I think Bennett is pretty easily the odd man out.

Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#269 » by Basti » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:30 pm

What are the chances of Bjelica getting some burn at the three? Lower than 10%? When he was drafted I distinctly remember that he could play both forward positions but over the years the narrative has always been that he's a stretch four.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#270 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:50 pm

Basti wrote:What are the chances of Bjelica getting some burn at the three? Lower than 10%? When he was drafted I distinctly remember that he could play both forward positions but over the years the narrative has always been that he's a stretch four.

I think it could be a possibility. I think people just started discussing him more as a stretch PF because that's where the team need was.

TaylorTag
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#271 » by TaylorTag » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Klomp wrote:
Basti wrote:What are the chances of Bjelica getting some burn at the three? Lower than 10%? When he was drafted I distinctly remember that he could play both forward positions but over the years the narrative has always been that he's a stretch four.

I think it could be a possibility. I think people just started discussing him more as a stretch PF because that's where the team need was.

What's with people's fascination with this guy? Is he really that good? It seems everyone on here is complaining about how much youth we have to develop, but people are still fawning over another NBA prospect.

Why would he play the three? We already have Wiggins, Bazz, and even GR3 that should see minutes there.

As for the front court, I really have no idea what Flip has in mind. I think Dieng and Payne are the only 2 who have a secure roster spot. Pek is probably available for a trade if the price is right, and Bennett has to prove himself before we commit to his bloated salary. KG on the roster should have no real impact on building the team.

If Flip can get rid of Bennett and we end up drafting a guy like Russel, then sure I can see why people are excited about Bjelica. Right now though, my head just hurts from all the bodies we have at the three and the four
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#272 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:32 pm

Lakers612 wrote:Why would he play the three? We already have Wiggins, Bazz, and even GR3 that should see minutes there.

All of which can also get time at SG.

As for the too much youth, Bjelica will be 27 if he comes over next year, not 20.

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#273 » by Grits n Gravy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:39 pm

He can certainly play the 3 offensively where as the questions will be on the defensive end. He'll be fine against a ton of teams there imo but obviously there will be teams and players he won't match up well with. You see Mirotic playing quite a bit of 3 in Chicago, while it helps he generally has Gibson/Noah-Gasol behind him, I've caught them a few times and he's been fine there. He's a lot like Dario Saric imo - a player who is kind of in between a 3 and 4.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#274 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:42 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3UvsXdXC_4[/youtube]

FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#275 » by FinnTheHuman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Lakers612 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

What's with people's fascination with this guy? Is he really that good? It seems everyone on here is complaining about how much youth we have to develop, but people are still fawning over another NBA prospect.

Why would he play the three? We already have Wiggins, Bazz, and even GR3 that should see minutes there.

As for the front court, I really have no idea what Flip has in mind. I think Dieng and Payne are the only 2 who have a secure roster spot. Pek is probably available for a trade if the price is right, and Bennett has to prove himself before we commit to his bloated salary. KG on the roster should have no real impact on building the team.

If Flip can get rid of Bennett and we end up drafting a guy like Russel, then sure I can see why people are excited about Bjelica. Right now though, my head just hurts from all the bodies we have at the three and the four

He's just a really high BBIQ player, he is a playmaker and a fighter. Stats understate his impact.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#276 » by SO_MONEY » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Klomp wrote:

No, they called him a PF, because he was a PF. It all comes down to defense, he cannot defend the 3. He is a point forward type, slow, softer, but functional. He should be okay in his position, but that is not SF.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#277 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:26 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:No, they called him a PF, because he was a PF. It all comes down to defense, he cannot defend the 3. He is a point forward type, slow, softer, but functional. He should be okay in his position, but that is not SF.

Gallinari couldn't really guard SFs, but he wasn't a PF.

C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#278 » by C.lupus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:36 pm

For those who have watched him play, how is he defensively?
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#279 » by Takingbaconback » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:40 pm

Is this guy a soft spoken shved type of European or a cursing, i dont give a dam about you Nurkic type of European?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#280 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:46 pm

A year old, but this is a good video with highlights

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry5u2mg7x5E[/youtube]

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves