ImageImageImage

Rubio Thread Seis (VI)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI) 

Post#21 » by funkatron101 » Fri Apr 6, 2012 10:24 pm

Did Trolly get some action in the photo booth?!
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#22 » by C.lupus » Fri Apr 6, 2012 11:17 pm

I noticed that, too. Sure looked like it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,965

Post#23 » by Klomp » Sat Apr 7, 2012 1:38 am

Ricky Rubio ‏ @rickyrubio9
I feel great! I'm back to Minnesota! Wow. I have missed MN.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Sammyzuko
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#24 » by Sammyzuko » Sat Apr 7, 2012 4:08 pm

Great video! Two comments.... Trolly's a pimp and I officially dislike Steve Blake.
diegoluis
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#25 » by diegoluis » Sat Apr 7, 2012 4:35 pm

Basti wrote:http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7780080/the-loss-ricky-rubio-minnesota-timberwolves

Another great bit to read.

wow!!! I must ask for free days at work to read this. I haven't got time enough to read the article this weekend

The video is great specially the D-Will's fall. Very funny!!
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#26 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Apr 9, 2012 2:43 am

Is it the best and the first opportunity in Rubio's life to pump some serious iron from horizontal position. Next few months he's not able to to much basketball activities only rehabbing his knee and what else? There never will be a better time to build some chest and shoulder muscles.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,496

Post#27 » by Calinks » Mon Apr 9, 2012 3:46 am

lobishome wrote:Documentary about Rubio (Spanish :dontknow:)

http://www.canalplus.es/play/video.html?xref=20120403plucandep_9.Ves

Trade his ass!
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
lobishome
Analyst
And1: 632

Post#28 » by lobishome » Mon Apr 9, 2012 9:09 am

Turnover_21 wrote:Is it the best and the first opportunity in Rubio's life to pump some serious iron from horizontal position. Next few months he's not able to to much basketball activities only rehabbing his knee and what else? There never will be a better time to build some chest and shoulder muscles.

A little bit of gym isn't bad but ... Muscles? ... nah ... First, women don't like men with too many muscles and second, people are obssesed with the association between muscles and NBA. Look at Marc Gasol or Kevin Love : They have improved a lot when they lose muscles and weight.

Calinks wrote:Trade his ass!

:dontknow: what who why where when how
Sammyzuko
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#29 » by Sammyzuko » Mon Apr 9, 2012 10:49 am

Meathead Rubio....lol. He could be great next year if he spends the off-season doing bicep curls and working on his pecs.
lobishome
Analyst

Post#30 » by lobishome » Mon Apr 9, 2012 11:39 am

Sammyzuko wrote:Meathead Rubio....lol. He could be great next year if he spends the off-season doing bicep curls and working on his pecs.

Do you like...gladiator movies?
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by C.lupus » Mon Apr 9, 2012 1:05 pm

I don't think Turnover is suggesting Rubio turn into a Dwight Howard muscle man. He needs to add some strenth, though. He's 6' 4" and, what, 185? He needs to add some muscle mass and some strength so he can be more effective in the lane and around the basket. He just bounces off defenders now.
lobishome
Analyst

Post#32 » by lobishome » Mon Apr 9, 2012 1:35 pm

In the documentary, Kahn said "We think he need get more strength but he doesn't like weight training" ... or something like that. Obviously Ricky has a really good work ethic, then I deduce that really Ricky doesn't want to do weightlifting and this Is a premeditated decision.

Ricky will be stronger along the next seasons mainly due to the age. I think Ricky will be only a little stronger than Nash, even Calderon, but he never will be Deron or an athletic PG.

Finally, the weightlifting may provoke a lot of physical problems and I think isn't a good idea for his knee rehab. You can't work only the arms or the chest, you need to work the entire body , otherwise you will get an unbalanced body and this means more injuries. Maybe next year, or the next, ... but not this season. He must be concentrate in his shot improve.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#33 » by NewWolvesOrder » Mon Apr 9, 2012 1:59 pm

lobishome wrote:In the documentary, Kahn said "We think he need get more strength but he doesn't like weight training" ... or something like that. Obviously Ricky has a really good work ethic, then I deduce that really Ricky doesn't want to do weightlifting and this Is a premeditated decision.

Ricky will be stronger along the next seasons mainly due to the age. I think Ricky will be only a little stronger than Nash, even Calderon, but he never will be Deron or an athletic PG.

Finally, the weightlifting may provoke a lot of physical problems and I think isn't a good idea for his knee rehab. You can't work only the arms or the chest, you need to work the entire body , otherwise you will get an unbalanced body and this means more injuries. Maybe next year, or the next, ... but not this season. He must be concentrate in his shot improve.

I doubt that a guy with Rubio's body composition and aversion to lifting weights can add more than 5 pounds of muscle over the summer. And 5 pounds won't put too much extra stress on his knee but go a long way in adding strength if those 5 pounds are muscles added to his upper body.
Godzilla039
Analyst
And1: 288

Great piece about Rubio 

Post#34 » by Godzilla039 » Mon Apr 9, 2012 9:32 pm

Bulls fan here that loved watching Rubio play. Hopefully he has a sppedy recovery. Don't know if this was posted, but here you go.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/778 ... mberwolves
Just a must-watch army of possessed ass-kickers laying the smack down night after night after night. People are gonna hate playing the Bulls this year.
cynskeptical
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#35 » by cynskeptical » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:29 am

lobishome wrote:
Sammyzuko wrote:Meathead Rubio....lol. He could be great next year if he spends the off-season doing bicep curls and working on his pecs.

Do you like...gladiator movies?

:lol:
(Nowadays, this scene would be forbidden, but it´s still great)

I agree with you. Sometimes, in the NBA, athleticism is overrated.
I hope it's Flanders
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by C.lupus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Steve Nash ‘Very Disappointed’ Ricky Rubio Got Injured

Steve Nash is a Ricky Rubio fan, and is feeling bummed out that the exciting Spanish point guard had his promising rookie season cut short by a knee injury. From the Star Tribune: “Like just about everybody around the league, Steve Nash remembers being disappointed when Ricky Rubio went down because of a knee injury March 9 against the Lakers. ‘It hurt them, obviously, in a number of ways,’ Nash, in the Twin Cities with the Suns for Monday’s game, said. ‘One, it took away their main playmaker. And two, it hurt their depth. It’s not something anyone wants to see happen. And it’s a shame for the team. You never want to see that happen to anybody.’ Rubio is back in town after an extended stay in Colorado following surgery to repair two ligaments in his left knee. Nash, meanwhile, was in town for a nationally-televised game that would have featured two of the best pass-first point guards in the game. [...] ‘I was very disappointed for Ricky,’ Nash said. ‘He was having a very good rookie year, and he was an exciting player for our league, so it’s a shame. But he’s young. He’ll recover well, and he’ll be back this time next year and nobody will remember what happened.’ [...] ‘He gets a ton of respect for his ability, and what he brings to the game, and rightfully so,’ he said. ‘I think people around the country — and around the world — are excited for what he brings to the game.’”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/20 ... t-injured/
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by C.lupus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:02 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCD7L8zcUMY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by C.lupus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Also, saw this last night:

Jerry Zgoda ‏ @JerryZgoda
Ricky Rubio is back in Minnesota and will meet with the local media Tuesday afternoon for the first time since his March 9 knee injury

Anybody know more about this? Is there a press conference scheduled?
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#39 » by cpfsf » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:16 pm

lobishome wrote:In the documentary, Kahn said "We think he need get more strength but he doesn't like weight training" ... or something like that. Obviously Ricky has a really good work ethic, then I deduce that really Ricky doesn't want to do weightlifting and this Is a premeditated decision.

I read a report not that long ago from an NBA scout who said that the European basketball players don’t lift weights like the NBA players do. I'm kind of skeptical of this, but I thought I'd might as well post this.

Edit: Sorry I can't post a link. I'm pretty sure it was in an article last summer about Rubio.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,965

Post#40 » by Klomp » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:53 pm

C.lupus wrote:Also, saw this last night:

Jerry Zgoda ‏ @JerryZgoda
Ricky Rubio is back in Minnesota and will meet with the local media Tuesday afternoon for the first time since his March 9 knee injury

Anybody know more about this? Is there a press conference scheduled?

2 pm. Live streamed on Timberwolves.com
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves