ImageImageImage

Rubio Thread Seis (VI)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Re: Rubio Thread Seis (VI) 

Post#1961 » by urinesane » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:55 pm

ace625214 wrote:The thing about the highlights from the Chicago game that has me giddy is his confidence. He looks like an entirely different player. If you go back and watch 2011-2012 games, Rubio had an air of completely not caring about him. He knew he was good and felt like he could go at anyone on the court. Last year, at times, it looked like he was out there just trying to not screw up or be noticed. Now it looks like he has an attitude like he did when he was a rookie. He crossed Rose twice on one play and then pulled up in his face! RICKY RUBIO DID THAT.

He has always been pretty emotional and showed his frustration on the court, which I think was actually a negative for his mental game. Seems like he isn't quite as hard on him self for each little thing like he used to be, which is good, because you can't have a leader that is up and down from play to play.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#1962 » by ace625214 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:15 pm

urinesane wrote:
ace625214 wrote:The thing about the highlights from the Chicago game that has me giddy is his confidence. He looks like an entirely different player. If you go back and watch 2011-2012 games, Rubio had an air of completely not caring about him. He knew he was good and felt like he could go at anyone on the court. Last year, at times, it looked like he was out there just trying to not screw up or be noticed. Now it looks like he has an attitude like he did when he was a rookie. He crossed Rose twice on one play and then pulled up in his face! RICKY RUBIO DID THAT.

He has always been pretty emotional and showed his frustration on the court, which I think was actually a negative for his mental game. Seems like he isn't quite as hard on him self for each little thing like he used to be, which is good, because you can't have a leader that is up and down from play to play.

That's also true. I'm just impressed with how he is carrying himself. When he was a rookie, he did stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgRZpGplY10. What was the point of that? It maybe faked out the D a bit, but Ricky felt like he could do anything he wanted, and he played that way. He nutmegged so many people that season. To me it looks like he has fully accepted that this is his team now and he is relishing it.

On that note, this is really the first time since Ricky was 15 or so that he has had a team be his, other than U-20 and stuff. The Spanish team always relegates him to a minor role, and Adelman's offense wasn't tailored to him at all. Just having that responsibility that he has seemed to want for a long time could cause a major change in how he plays.
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#1963 » by urinesane » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:27 pm

ace625214 wrote:
urinesane wrote:

That's also true. I'm just impressed with how he is carrying himself. When he was a rookie, he did stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgRZpGplY10. What was the point of that? It maybe faked out the D a bit, but Ricky felt like he could do anything he wanted, and he played that way. He nutmegged so many people that season. To me it looks like he has fully accepted that this is his team now and he is relishing it.

On that note, this is really the first time since Ricky was 15 or so that he has had a team be his, other than U-20 and stuff. The Spanish team always relegates him to a minor role, and Adelman's offense wasn't tailored to him at all. Just having that responsibility that he has seemed to want for a long time could cause a major change in how he plays.

Yeah, I've been really impressed with his demeanor this preseason, looks like a leader out there. I think those plays were just a case of him getting too high and too low (like hitting the pad on the basket stand after a miss). Being as restricted as he had been previously with Barca, I think his first year he finally felt free. Then he got hurt, had to work through getting back to healthy his 2nd year, and took a backseat in the offense last season.

It's his team now and he knows its up to him to not only lead the team, but set an example for the younger guys. I'm really excited to see his growth this year, not because it will validate basically everything I've said about him since his rookie year, but because who the hell doesn't want a good person like Rubio to succeed?

I think this season we will see a culture shift for the franchise. With Love the identity of the team mimicked his own, rebound, score, and play no defense.

With Rubio the culture is going to shift to a team that plays defense, uses ball movement and teamwork to score, and generates turnovers to get easy baskets in transition (with great finishers).

I like the culture and identity that comes with Rubio as the leader WAY more than Love.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#1964 » by guest81 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:19 pm

urinesane wrote:
ace625214 wrote:
urinesane wrote:

Yeah, I've been really impressed with his demeanor this preseason, looks like a leader out there. I think those plays were just a case of him getting too high and too low (like hitting the pad on the basket stand after a miss). Being as restricted as he had been previously with Real Madrid, I think his first year he finally felt free. Then he got hurt, had to work through getting back to healthy his 2nd year, and took a backseat in the offense last season.

It's his team now and he knows its up to him to not only lead the team, but set an example for the younger guys. I'm really excited to see his growth this year, not because it will validate basically everything I've said about him since his rookie year, but because who the hell doesn't want a good person like Rubio to succeed?

I think this season we will see a culture shift for the franchise. With Love the identity of the team mimicked his own, rebound, score, and play no defense.

With Rubio the culture is going to shift to a team that plays defense, uses ball movement and teamwork to score, and generates turnovers to get easy baskets in transition (with great finishers).

I like the culture and identity that comes with Rubio as the leader WAY more than Love.

I don't think the team can go very far with Rubio as the leader. Wiggins is going to have to be that guy if the Wolves are going to get anywhere, but for now, Rubio is just fine
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#1965 » by urinesane » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:32 pm

guest81 wrote:
urinesane wrote:
ace625214 wrote:

Yeah, I've been really impressed with his demeanor this preseason, looks like a leader out there. I think those plays were just a case of him getting too high and too low (like hitting the pad on the basket stand after a miss). Being as restricted as he had been previously with Real Madrid, I think his first year he finally felt free. Then he got hurt, had to work through getting back to healthy his 2nd year, and took a backseat in the offense last season.

I don't think the team can go very far with Rubio as the leader. Wiggins is going to have to be that guy if the Wolves are going to get anywhere, but for now, Rubio is just fine

Can they go further than a team 2 games below .500?
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#1966 » by Vindicater » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:35 pm

guest81 wrote:
urinesane wrote:
ace625214 wrote:

Wiggins seems to be cut from the same mold as Rubio though. I could see it easily being transferred. I could also see Rubio staying as the emotional leader of this team while Wiggins takes control on the court.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#1967 » by guest81 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:40 pm

urinesane wrote:
guest81 wrote:
urinesane wrote:

Can they go further than a team 2 games below .500?

in the west? doubtful
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#1968 » by guest81 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Vindicater wrote:
guest81 wrote:
urinesane wrote:

Wiggins seems to be cut from the same mold as Rubio though. I could see it easily being transferred. I could also see Rubio staying as the emotional leader of this team while Wiggins takes control on the court.

I disagree, I don't think they can be any different. Rubio is an emotional guy whose always giving 100% and it shows on the court. The big knock on Wiggins has been being seen as sometimes disinterested and drifting in and out of games
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#1969 » by GopherIt! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Wiggins will need to be 1A (especially in the 4th quarter of close games) until Ricky can make opposing teams pay w his shot.
urinesane
Lead Assistant

Post#1970 » by urinesane » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:59 pm

Vindicater wrote:Wiggins seems to be cut from the same mold as Rubio though. I could see it easily being transferred. I could also see Rubio staying as the emotional leader of this team while Wiggins takes control on the court.

This.
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#1971 » by GopherIt! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:56 pm

Let's go Rubio thread siete!

Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba!
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#1972 » by breatnach » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:04 am

GopherIt! wrote:Let's go Rubio thread siete!

Wow, we nearly took 2,5 years for this one.

Thread 1: Wow, what a prospect (USA vs Spain Bejing)
Thread 2: We drafted him!
Thread 3: He's staying over there :( What was Kahn thinking?
Thread 4: Will he come over? He's coming over!
Thread 5: Collective Rubgasm after the first 30 games, up until his injury
Thread 6: Everything from 'Fck you Kobe' until 'Max him'
Thread 7: ??
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#1973 » by MinneOOPalis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:13 am

There are different kinds of leaders. Ricky is a leader in game managment, Wiggins will be leader in production, and Thad/Martin/Mo are our leaders in the locker room. You don't need one guy to fill every role.. -.-
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#1974 » by Nitroglycerin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:14 am

breatnach wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:Let's go Rubio thread siete!

Wow, we nearly took 2,5 years for this one.

Thread 1: Wow, what a prospect (USA vs Spain Bejing)

Congratulations to Rubio for winning 2015 MIP
Trust the PRosas!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#1975 » by Klomp » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:18 am

breatnach wrote:Thread 1: Wow, what a prospect (USA vs Spain Bejing)

I'm sure extension talk will take a few pages up...followed by "Max Penberthy!"
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#1976 » by GopherIt! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:22 am

Klomp wrote:
breatnach wrote:Thread 1: Wow, what a prospect (USA vs Spain Bejing)

I'm sure extension talk will take a few pages up...followed by "Max Penberthy!"

Thread 7: Who deserves MVP more Rubio or Wiggins?
BUANIX
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#1977 » by BUANIX » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Who is gonna be the last on this post??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Feilong
Veteran
And1: 1,029

Post#1978 » by Feilong » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Lock it !!!
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#1979 » by Nitroglycerin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:15 pm

he's the scar on the wolf that will remind us all about the tyranny that was Kahn.
along with the wounds the wolf perished for 10 years
the wolf perished far too long. the wolf will fight that scar
Trust the PRosas!
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#1980 » by kmgarnett21 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:16 pm

Big expectations this year for our La Pistola. I bet he has a huge game Wednesday. 16 points, 12 assists, 7 rebounds, 4 steals.

What a playa......

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves