ImageImageImage

Statistical Expectations for AK?

Moderators: C.lupus, Klomp, Basti

aaa
Junior
Posts: 332
And1: 44
Joined: Jul 02, 2010

Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#1 » by aaa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:59 pm

I wanted to create a thread limited just to discussion about what kind of numbers we're expecting from Kirilenko next season. Is it too much to hope for:

11 ppg, 8 rpg, 3 apg, 1.5 spg, 1 bpg

How realistic is that? What are you guys expecting? How minutes per game will he see?
User avatar
Chocobanana
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,733
And1: 210
Joined: Dec 16, 2011
 

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#2 » by Chocobanana » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:03 pm

i think the 8rpg is a little high. he has only averaged 8 rpg in the nba when he has played 37+ minutes.

i havent watched him in euroleague so i dont know his current level of play, but based on his last few seasons in the nba i would say that his averages this year will probably be 10/5/2.5 with 1 block and 1 steal with 57% TS if he were to play around 30 minutes a game.
daboywonder2007
Sophomore
Posts: 231
And1: 7
Joined: Apr 05, 2009

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#3 » by daboywonder2007 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:10 pm

jack of all trades master of none. 12 ppg, 6 rbs, 2 assists, 1 block and 1 steal.
User avatar
Krapinsky
RealGM
Posts: 18,509
And1: 797
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#4 » by Krapinsky » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Rounding up I would say 13-6-3 with 1.5 steals and 2 blocks per game. TS % will be 57ish.
Image
Sig by C.lupus
User avatar
ieatchildrenraw
Sophomore
Posts: 243
And1: 11
Joined: Jul 11, 2012
Location: Minnesota

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#5 » by ieatchildrenraw » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:16 pm

12.5 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 3.7 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.9 bpg
User avatar
[RCG]
Head Coach
Posts: 7,047
And1: 135
Joined: May 24, 2010
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#6 » by [RCG] » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Hmm.

20 ppg 8 rbg 5 apg 3 spg 2 bpg 8-)

I'd say:

12 ppg 5 rbg 3 apg 1.5 apg 1.5 bpg.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 37,952
And1: 2,852
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#7 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Chocobanana wrote:i think the 8rpg is a little high. he has only averaged 8 rpg in the nba when he has played 37+ minutes.

And that wasn't with Love and Pekovic
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
Esohny
RealGM
Posts: 11,586
And1: 327
Joined: Apr 18, 2009
Location: Saint Paul
     

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#8 » by Esohny » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Krapinsky wrote:Rounding up I would say 13-6-3 with 1.5 steals and 2 blocks per game. TS % will be 57ish.


Sounds reasonable...maybe a tad high on the blocks, but he's capable.
daboywonder2007
Sophomore
Posts: 231
And1: 7
Joined: Apr 05, 2009

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#9 » by daboywonder2007 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:27 pm

ieatchildrenraw wrote:12.5 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 3.7 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.9 bpg


3.7 assists playing with rubio?? im not sure about that
User avatar
Krapinsky
RealGM
Posts: 18,509
And1: 797
Joined: May 13, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#10 » by Krapinsky » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Esohny wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:Rounding up I would say 13-6-3 with 1.5 steals and 2 blocks per game. TS % will be 57ish.


Sounds reasonable...maybe a tad high on the blocks, but he's capable.


Feel like we'll let him roam a bit and he'll get a lot of block being a help defender.
Image
Sig by C.lupus
aaa
Junior
Posts: 332
And1: 44
Joined: Jul 02, 2010

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#11 » by aaa » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Interesting replies so far. Basically I'm gathering that his points, rebs, and assists will be modest but still with great contribution in the peripherals like steals, blks, deflections, etc.

My updated expectations: 10 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.25 spg, 1.25 bpg

Reasonable? My next question is he exclusively a 3?
daboywonder2007
Sophomore
Posts: 231
And1: 7
Joined: Apr 05, 2009

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#12 » by daboywonder2007 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:45 pm

aaa wrote:Interesting replies so far. Basically I'm gathering that his points, rebs, and assists will be modest but still with great contribution in the peripherals like steals, blks, deflections, etc.

My updated expectations: 10 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.25 spg, 1.25 bpg

Reasonable? My next question is he exclusively a 3?


honestly i thought his best year was at the power forward position when malone left and stockton retired. he can play the 3 and the 4.
Efernand
Pro Prospect
Posts: 822
And1: 15
Joined: Jan 28, 2010

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#13 » by Efernand » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:03 am

Depends on what role the coaching staff gives him. I'm a Jazz fan and AK has been my favorite player for a long time. It was very painful to watch what happened to him when Utah decided to sign Boozer and slid AK over to the 3 when he had been an All-Star at the 4 for them. As the years went by his role in the Jazz offense was to stand around on the 3 point line even though he was not a perimeter player. He's at his best when you cut him loose on a fast paced system. He has great instincts and court vision. He has an unorthodox post game but it worked for him and when he posts up he draws fouls at a high rate.

On defense he was also at his best at the 4. He was definitely at a disadvantage when it came to strength but he made up for that with his length and hops. He'd bother opponents shots or block them outright. He was also a great help defender. AK is also good at defending perimeter players but he's become a bit overrated in that aspect.

What you get out of AK will depend on what role he gets, I think he'll be a good fit with Love as Love has good range which will allow AK to play closer to the basket at times and I think he'll be a great fit with Adelman too.

I now leave you with this sweet pass:

Narf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,106
And1: 739
Joined: Sep 05, 2009

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#14 » by Narf » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:37 am

I think he'll actually get more steals than blocks, and with our depth play just under 30 minutes per game. We're going to run the other team ragged with fresh legs.

28 minutes, 11.9 points, 5.4 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.2 blocks, 1.4 steals, .570 TS%

The A in AK stands for Anarchy, he's going to be all over the place on offense and defense.
Tirion
Analyst
Posts: 3,309
And1: 130
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: made it, ma! top of the world!

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#15 » by Tirion » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:02 am

AK motivated in Adleman's system would be back in the fantasy MVP status.
teamwillow
Banned User
Posts: 196
And1: 8
Joined: Jan 14, 2012

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#16 » by teamwillow » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:15 am

27/13/5

.54% FG
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 11,788
And1: 1,574
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#17 » by Shem » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:19 am

Efernand wrote:Depends on what role the coaching staff gives him. I'm a Jazz fan and AK has been my favorite player for a long time. It was very painful to watch what happened to him when Utah decided to sign Boozer and slid AK over to the 3 when he had been an All-Star at the 4 for them. As the years went by his role in the Jazz offense was to stand around on the 3 point line even though he was not a perimeter player. He's at his best when you cut him loose on a fast paced system. He has great instincts and court vision. He has an unorthodox post game but it worked for him and when he posts up he draws fouls at a high rate.

He'll probably be a 3 again with Love starting at the 4 and with Derrick Williams on the roster as well.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Tirion
Analyst
Posts: 3,309
And1: 130
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: made it, ma! top of the world!

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#18 » by Tirion » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:26 am

Shem wrote:
Efernand wrote:Depends on what role the coaching staff gives him. I'm a Jazz fan and AK has been my favorite player for a long time. It was very painful to watch what happened to him when Utah decided to sign Boozer and slid AK over to the 3 when he had been an All-Star at the 4 for them. As the years went by his role in the Jazz offense was to stand around on the 3 point line even though he was not a perimeter player. He's at his best when you cut him loose on a fast paced system. He has great instincts and court vision. He has an unorthodox post game but it worked for him and when he posts up he draws fouls at a high rate.

He'll probably be a 3 again with Love starting at the 4 and with Derrick Williams on the roster as well.


Different systems. Sloan runs his offense through PG-PF connection. Everybody else is an afterthought on offense. AK can defend at the 3 and has all the skills needed to be an above-average SF. His decline in Utah wasn't about him moving positions, it was about him not being involved on offense anymore, while told to cover for Boozer's lazy ass on defense.
User avatar
Esohny
RealGM
Posts: 11,586
And1: 327
Joined: Apr 18, 2009
Location: Saint Paul
     

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#19 » by Esohny » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:27 am

Shem wrote:
Efernand wrote:Depends on what role the coaching staff gives him. I'm a Jazz fan and AK has been my favorite player for a long time. It was very painful to watch what happened to him when Utah decided to sign Boozer and slid AK over to the 3 when he had been an All-Star at the 4 for them. As the years went by his role in the Jazz offense was to stand around on the 3 point line even though he was not a perimeter player. He's at his best when you cut him loose on a fast paced system. He has great instincts and court vision. He has an unorthodox post game but it worked for him and when he posts up he draws fouls at a high rate.

He'll probably be a 3 again with Love starting at the 4 and with Derrick Williams on the roster as well.


Yep, more time at the 3 for sure. Although I would expect to see some small ball lineups with Love at the 5, AK47 at the 4.
Love42Rubio9
Freshman
Posts: 51
And1: 2
Joined: Jun 04, 2012

Re: Statistical Expectations for AK? 

Post#20 » by Love42Rubio9 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:05 am

20-25 minutes, i see AK averaging somewhere around 11.3ppg/6.2rpg/2.9apg/1.3spg/1.3bpg

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves