ImageImageImage

2013 Draft Targets (#9, #26, #52, #59)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Re: NCAA Basketball Thread / 2013 Draft Targets 

Post#381 » by moss_is_1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Grits n Gravy wrote:this is who i want with a second pick, make it happen kahn.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km632hL-XCo[/youtube]

if we came out with oladipo and Giannis i'd be STOKED.

That guy is sick.

I'm starting to grow on the prospects in this draft...I think we could have a real chance to add a SG or SF to our core.

McLemore, Oladipo, Shabazz at SG
Otto Porter, Alex Poythress, Glen Robinson(do not want), Giannis Adetokunbo(I would already take this guy in the lottery, so Kahn will take him top 5...just look at the profile..) :o

Or we could be getting a good backup 4/5 type if everything fails. I really hope we don't trade the pick, since there's a possibility we lose our pick to PHX next year...we should get all the young talent we can.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#382 » by Krapinsky » Fri Mar 1, 2013 12:04 am

I'm sold. Kid looks like Durant. #1.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
NikolaPekovic
Rookie
And1: 344

Post#383 » by NikolaPekovic » Fri Mar 1, 2013 12:47 am

Shved throwing oops to Oladipo in the 2nd unit :o
NikolaPekovic
Rookie

Post#384 » by NikolaPekovic » Fri Mar 1, 2013 12:50 am

moss_is_1 wrote:
Grits n Gravy wrote:this is who i want with a second pick, make it happen kahn.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km632hL-XCo[/youtube]

if we came out with oladipo and Giannis i'd be STOKED.

That guy is sick.

I'm starting to grow on the prospects in this draft...I think we could have a real chance to add a SG or SF to our core.

McLemore, Oladipo, Shabazz at SG
Otto Porter, Alex Poythress, Glen Robinson(do not want), Giannis Adetokunbo(I would already take this guy in the lottery, so Kahn will take him top 5...just look at the profile..) :o

Or we could be getting a good backup 4/5 type if everything fails. I really hope we don't trade the pick, since there's a possibility we lose our pick to PHX next year...we should get all the young talent we can.

Ive been saying this is most likely our last chance to use our assets to gain some young talent in the Rubio/Love era.

I hope we dont trade the pick for some washed up old guys...
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#385 » by Tirion » Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:02 am

Draft projections courtesy of vjl110 system from CH:

[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#386 » by [RCG] » Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:19 am

What are the comparisons on the right?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
NikolaPekovic
Rookie

Post#387 » by NikolaPekovic » Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:33 am

Wow at that Giannis kid. His hands are huge.

I wouldnt mind drafting him in the late first round.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#388 » by Krapinsky » Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:34 am

And what is SE?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#389 » by Tirion » Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:36 am

[RCG] wrote:What are the comparisons on the right?

Average standard deviation across box score stats, height, weight, SOS, and age.
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#390 » by Tirion » Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:57 am

Krapinsky wrote:And what is SE?

standart error probably.
JDthrillinger
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#391 » by JDthrillinger » Fri Mar 1, 2013 2:05 am

JDthrillinger wrote:I've decided there are 8 players(and only 8) that we should consider drafting with our pick in the first round.

With Ridnour, D Will, and Memph 1st as trade assets I feel like we should be able to land 1 of these guys by trading up if they're off the board when we pick.

I've ranked the prospects we should target based on their value to us:

1. SG Shabazz Muhammed- Way higher on this guy than anybody else. I think he's going to be a devastating scorer and perennial All-Star. I see his game taking off in the Pros and people will forget all about his college issues.

2. SG Ben Mclemore- A lot of mock drafts have him going #1. I don't see it but still think he'd fit nice here.

3. C Nerlens Noel- Have to take this guy if he falls to us because of the injury. Perfect compliment to Pek/Love

4. PG/SG Marcus Smart- Probably going in the top 5 but he's definitely a guy we would draft to play SG

5. SG Victor Oladipo- I am almost ready to put him above Mclemore. This may be our guy if we keep our pick

6. C Cody Zeller- Not the perfect fit but way too talented to pass up if he fell and other guys were off the board

7. SF Otto Porter- A high IQ defensive minded SF who would be groomed by AK. Have greater positional needs though

8. C Alex Len- Could be a nice backup C for us to begin with and immediate upgrade over Stiemsma

Projected 2013-2014 Depth Chart:
Rubio/Barea
_____/Shved/M Lee
AK47/Budinger/Gelabele
Love/Cunningham
Pekovic/______/Johnson

After further review, I'm adding 2 more guys to this list:
9. C Wille Caulie Stein- I'm buying the hype a few of you are selling with this guy's defensive potential. Still fear he becomes a Daniel Orton or Hassan Whiteside

10. SG Gary Harris- Still waiting to see this guy play more but Chad Ford's hype train got me intrigued

Players I don't like for this team:
Anthony Bennett- We don't need another PF for obvious reasons

Michael Carter-WIlliams- Syracuse jokes aside, I don't want any part of this guy

Isaiah Austin- He's a tooth pick and not overly quick or athletic. Don't see him as a legit defender in the NBA either. I know he's got nice length and a jumpshot but I see bust written all over him

Mason Plumlee- I just feel like we have to have a shot blocker at backup Center. Plumlee is athletic but not a shot blocker, also might be better suited as a PF which we clearly don't need.

CJ Mccollum- At just 6'3" he doesn't seem like he'll help us much more then current our current undersized guards JJ and Luke
NikolaPekovic
Rookie

Post#392 » by NikolaPekovic » Fri Mar 1, 2013 2:43 am

Only problem I have with that list is marcus smart. He is a good player but he cant shoot. He will most likely be a Point guard in the league as well. Orlando will draft him anyway so we dont have to worry about him.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#393 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Mar 1, 2013 2:47 am

JDthrillinger wrote:
JDthrillinger wrote:I've decided there are 8 players(and only 8) that we should consider drafting with our pick in the first round.

With Ridnour, D Will, and Memph 1st as trade assets I feel like we should be able to land 1 of these guys by trading up if they're off the board when we pick.

I've ranked the prospects we should target based on their value to us:

1. SG Shabazz Muhammed- Way higher on this guy than anybody else. I think he's going to be a devastating scorer and perennial All-Star. I see his game taking off in the Pros and people will forget all about his college issues.

2. SG Ben Mclemore- A lot of mock drafts have him going #1. I don't see it but still think he'd fit nice here.

3. C Nerlens Noel- Have to take this guy if he falls to us because of the injury. Perfect compliment to Pek/Love

4. PG/SG Marcus Smart- Probably going in the top 5 but he's definitely a guy we would draft to play SG

5. SG Victor Oladipo- I am almost ready to put him above Mclemore. This may be our guy if we keep our pick

6. C Cody Zeller- Not the perfect fit but way too talented to pass up if he fell and other guys were off the board

7. SF Otto Porter- A high IQ defensive minded SF who would be groomed by AK. Have greater positional needs though

8. C Alex Len- Could be a nice backup C for us to begin with and immediate upgrade over Stiemsma

Projected 2013-2014 Depth Chart:
Rubio/Barea
_____/Shved/M Lee
AK47/Budinger/Gelabele
Love/Cunningham
Pekovic/______/Johnson

After further review, I'm adding 2 more guys to this list:
9. C Wille Caulie Stein- I'm buying the hype a few of you are selling with this guy's defensive potential. Still fear he becomes a Daniel Orton or Hassan Whiteside

10. SG Gary Harris- Still waiting to see this guy play more but Chad Ford's hype train got me intrigued

Players I don't like for this team:
Anthony Bennett- We don't need another PF for obvious reasons

Michael Carter-WIlliams- Syracuse jokes aside, I don't want any part of this guy

Isaiah Austin- He's a tooth pick and not overly quick or athletic. Don't see him as a legit defender in the NBA either. I know he's got nice length and a jumpshot but I see bust written all over him

Mason Plumlee- I just feel like we have to have a shot blocker at backup Center. Plumlee is athletic but not a shot blocker, also might be better suited as a PF which we clearly don't need.

CJ Mccollum- At just 6'3" he doesn't seem like he'll help us much more then current our current undersized guards JJ and Luke

Agreed, except for Cody Zeller.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#394 » by [RCG] » Fri Mar 1, 2013 3:16 am

Figuring that Anthony Bennett ends up being drafted somewhere in there I think we are safe if we stay between 7-10 in terms of getting someone who can fill a need. Knowing our luck we are likely to win a couple games and enter at #11 then watch as two teams pass us up and we pick #13...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#395 » by [RCG] » Fri Mar 1, 2013 6:04 am

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,506

Post#396 » by Calinks » Sat Mar 2, 2013 4:14 am

Anybody else having problems with draft express and viruses/malware warnings?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#397 » by [RCG] » Sat Mar 2, 2013 4:30 am

Calinks wrote:Anybody else having problems with draft express and viruses/malware warnings?

nope
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#398 » by Wolf_Cry » Sat Mar 2, 2013 5:03 am

If we suck enough to the 5-6 range and Noel falls to us....0_0

Also, I will say I don't watch a lot of college ball. I was just scanning through some Olidapo videos. He seems legit, but I do question his ball handles. Also his drives are very straight line. He also always goes right and doesn't finish or like to finish with the left hand. Those that watch college hoops more can correct me if I'm wrong.

But how crazy would that be if we got Noel. The basketball Gods injured most of our team, and then Noel, so we could be united in 2013 0_0 and go down as the greatest front court ever.
LaViggins
Senior
And1: 140

Post#399 » by LaViggins » Sat Mar 2, 2013 5:05 am

We should look to get Zeke Marshall with one of our second round picks
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#400 » by Grits n Gravy » Sat Mar 2, 2013 5:29 am

Calinks wrote:Anybody else having problems with draft express and viruses/malware warnings?

yeah they mentioned it on twitter, they are working to solve it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves