ImageImageImage

We need a body at the wing Suggestions?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Re: We need a body at the wing Suggestions? 

Post#91 » by Klomp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm

“@JerryZgoda: The way I read the CBA, the Wolves can't get a disabled player exception because Budinger's injury is not season-ending”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#92 » by Esohny » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Klomp wrote:
“@JerryZgoda: The way I read the CBA, the Wolves can't get a disabled player exception because Budinger's injury is not season-ending”

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. What did we say about trying to read?
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#93 » by Biff Cooper » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

I agree with Jerry. I didn't think it was a possibility when Adelman suggested using the injured player exception. We don't have anyone yet that is going to miss the entire season.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#94 » by Klomp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 pm

“@DarrenWolfson: An agent who's trying to get his guy on Wolves: "I think the team is trying to make a trade. No one has said as much, but that’s my guess."”
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#95 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:28 pm

His guy must be european and white of course. Otherwise why this agent tries to get him here?
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#96 » by Krapinsky » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:33 pm

I think revisiting the Turner for Williams trade makes sense. Neither player fits with their current team and being in a different system could help both players.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#97 » by NewWolvesOrder » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:13 pm

Krapinsky wrote:I think revisiting the Turner for Williams trade makes sense. Neither player fits with their current team and being in a different system could help both players.

The have their share PFs too so not room for DW. It's not like he's an obvious upgrade for them. Actually looking around the NBA roster i have tough time finding a team in need of Williams.
Tirion
Assistant Coach
And1: 290

Post#98 » by Tirion » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 pm

Krapinsky wrote:I think revisiting the Turner for Williams trade makes sense. Neither player fits with their current team and being in a different system could help both players.

You're talking about Evan Turner right? The one who's currently averaging 12 and 9 starting for the 76ers, who traded Iggy to accomodate him? That Turner?
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,591

Post#99 » by AK47MVP » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Just please no to Bell or Josh Howard. Pietrus seems like good choice.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#100 » by Krapinsky » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Tirion wrote:

You're talking about Evan Turner right? The one who's currently averaging 12 and 9 starting for the 76ers, who traded Iggy to accomodate him? That Turner?

You think they traded Iggy to accommodate Turner? I hope you're joking. I tempted to take that theory over to the 76ers board for some good laughs.

KrazySixersD wrote:we wanted to trade iggy so we could get other pieces and get cap flexibility..... turner getting his chance was a bonus...

bigdavid wrote:I had a lot of hope for Turner...but now it seems I was wrong. He will just be another NBA player...but no superstar.

BobThornton wrote:I had high hopes....but going forward, Dorell Wright might be a more important piece than Turner.

Kobblehead wrote:I still think Evan can put up 17, 7 and 7 on a lottery-bound team. On a good team, it looks like he'd gonna have to focus on being a glue guy. His defense is still exceptional. He just has too many brainfarts on offense (getting his shot blocked, turning it over, rushing his decisions).

bballin76 wrote:The issue is his inefficiency on offense. Ppg hasn't changed that.

Westbrook36 wrote:I just don't think he is that good. Sure he does some of the little things, but I can't get over how awful his jumper is. It is one of the worst I have ever seen from a guard, and I know he plays the 3 here, but he's a guard for all intents and purposes.

Turner is shooting 38% and the 76ers are much better when Turner is on the bench. I suggest you take a look:

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213PHI.HTM

Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#101 » by Tirion » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:59 pm

All I see is a bunch of Philly fans bitching, hardly a new sight. They thought he was a superstar in the making, he isn't. Still a solid starter with potential for improvement, therefore trade value much much higher than D-Will.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#102 » by Krapinsky » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:03 am

Tirion wrote:All I see is a bunch of Philly fans bitching, hardly a new sight. They thought he was a superstar in the making, he isn't. Still a solid starter with potential for improvement, therefore trade value much much higher than D-Will.

You're underselling Williams. He has struggled, no doubt, but he's only 21. His upside is much greater than Turner who is already 24.

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#103 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:12 am

If we could get Turner for DW, I would be giddy ... he would fit much better in adelmans offense and he can defend. RA runs a lot of two guard and ET has the ball-handling to do it. Neither is going to be a superstar. ET any day of the week n questions asked. DW is a slug ... just watching him run/jog makes me quiver.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#104 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:19 am

Krapinsky wrote:
Tirion wrote:All I see is a bunch of Philly fans bitching, hardly a new sight. They thought he was a superstar in the making, he isn't. Still a solid starter with potential for improvement, therefore trade value much much higher than D-Will.

You're underselling Williams. He has struggled, no doubt, but he's only 21. His upside is much greater than Turner who is already 24.

Turner has one elite NBA skill - rebounding from a wing position and one above average - defense. He can work with that and improve on that.

D-Will had played very good defense so far, but the sample size is too small to say that D is his definite strenth. Other than that what else he has to offer to an NBA team? His rebounding is below average for a PF, he can't shoot, he can't finish at the rim, he can't dribble. He has no role. And the worst thing is - he still thinks he's an iso scorer in this league and at this point it's delusional. He will never be an efficient iso scorer at this level. He simply not good enough. He needs to swallow his pride and #2 pick hype and re-evaluate his skillset. He can still be a defensive-minded, rebounding role player, who scores off putbacks, a-la CunningHAM. The All-Star dream is dead and the sooner he accepts it and start working on his rebounding, the better he will be in the long run.
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#105 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am

Korver & Hawks 1st pick DWill?

We get Bud's replacement who is expiring thus providing us with flexebility to resign Bud and Pek in the summer. Plus get a pick to show for trading Williams.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#106 » by Krapinsky » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:23 am

The hate has gone overboard. He's going to be fine. He's playing more than solid defense and rebounding better. That's something to build on. His shots will start falling. I'm guessing he gets 20 + tonight.

Tirion
Assistant Coach

Post#107 » by Tirion » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:41 am

Krapinsky wrote:His shots will start falling.

Yeah, that's what they said about Wes.

It's not about "shots falling" - and he's a bad shooter, his mechanics are horrible, that leg kicking - uggh.

It's about him, driving on 2 or 3 defenders from the free throw line with his eyes closed and throwing up something that doesn't even remotely resemble any kind of shot, time and time again. He had a full year of that happening and he's still doing it. That's a tell-tale sign of a player who just can't adapt to a higher level of competition.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#108 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:57 am

Krapinsky wrote:The hate has gone overboard. He's going to be fine. He's playing more than solid defense and rebounding better. That's something to build on. His shots will start falling. I'm guessing he gets 20 + tonight.

yeh whatever ...

This isnt kansas anymore like it was pre-Rube ... he can ball or he can't. I'm not seeing much for any signs of consistency. He's had a grand opportunity wiith Love out and not much going. ET fits Adelmans system much better - neither will be an all-star and I'd be happy to snag ET for DW.

Reminds me of Beas in such a way that you just never know what you'll get anytime they step on the floor - just immature people by nature.
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#109 » by LordBaldric » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:02 am

Tirion wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:His shots will start falling.

Yeah, that's what they said about Wes.

It's not about "shots falling" - and he's a bad shooter, his mechanics are horrible, that leg kicking - uggh.

It's about him, driving on 2 or 3 defenders from the free throw line with his eyes closed and throwing up something that doesn't even remotely resemble any kind of shot, time and time again. He had a full year of that happening and he's still doing it. That's a tell-tale sign of a player who just can't adapt to a higher level of competition.

Ah yes, the famous D-Will mud runs...
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach

Post#110 » by NewWolvesOrder » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:12 am

Turnover_21 wrote:Korver & Hawks 1st pick DWill?

We get Bud's replacement who is expiring thus providing us with flexebility to resign Bud and Pek in the summer. Plus get a pick to show for trading Williams.

Is it too much to ask for at this point?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves