ImageImageImage

Tyreke Evans

Moderators: Worm Guts, C.lupus, Klomp

User avatar
Beezer
Ballboy
Posts: 43
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 07, 2012

Tyreke Evans 

Post#1 » by Beezer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:33 am

I don't know if there was a post about this already. I haven't seen one in the few days that I've been on here. But if the Kings opt out of Tyreke Evans' contract after this season, which is a possibility since there's a team option, would you be willing to go after him?

Personally, even though he has struggled a bit lately, I think he has a good skill set. He doesn't have the best shot, but he can still find ways to score. I am a fan, and would like to see the Wolves go after him.
User avatar
[RCG]
Head Coach
Posts: 7,047
And1: 135
Joined: May 24, 2010
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#2 » by [RCG] » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 am

I think it is unlikely but possible.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
User avatar
jade_hippo
Starter
Posts: 2,375
And1: 132
Joined: Jan 05, 2009
Location: Take off... eh!
 

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#3 » by jade_hippo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:50 am

we need a shooter, and a shooter he is not. so yeah, unlikely but possible.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,466
And1: 3,314
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#4 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:02 am

Won't have cap space. Whatever money we have will go to Pekovic and Budinger.
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
sisibilio
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,571
And1: 365
Joined: Nov 18, 2009

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#5 » by sisibilio » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:09 am

And it's very unlikely that the Kings just let him go, they'd probably ask for a lottery pick at least.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN
User avatar
southern wolf
General Manager
Posts: 7,754
And1: 1,041
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: Gettin' Wiggy with it
     

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#6 » by southern wolf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:33 am

Klomp wrote:Won't have cap space. Whatever money we have will go to Pekovic and Budinger.


This.

I liked Evans in his rookie year. I thought he was going to be the next big thing after his 20/5/5 rookie season.
User avatar
Foye
RealGM
Posts: 18,843
And1: 1,152
Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Location: Frankfurt
     

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#7 » by Foye » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 am

I'm pretty sure we are done with acquiring headcases knowing how Michael Beasley turned out.
the_bruce
Analyst
Posts: 3,409
And1: 24
Joined: Jun 01, 2007

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#8 » by the_bruce » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:59 pm

I like tyreke he's got a handle and can get to the rack. He's a bit out of control at times and I've always felt the problem is he's clearly a natural slashing 2 and he's mostly played pg and sf in sac. I wouldn't go after him in FA, but if he replaced one or both of ridnour or JJ I wouldn't care if the wolves traded for him. I can't think of a fair trade for him that I'd be willing to do.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
Posts: 4,712
And1: 527
Joined: Nov 18, 2004
Location: orlando
Contact:

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#9 » by tranjSAIC » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Worst mistake going after a guy like this for your team, would you rather have the ball in Rubio's hands or Evans? Evans NEEDs the ball to be effective, I don't think him and Rubio would mesh well. A Klay thompson type catch and shoot guy would be perfect with Rubio.
User avatar
cpfsf
General Manager
Posts: 8,234
And1: 663
Joined: Apr 10, 2008
Location: your mom

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#10 » by cpfsf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:02 pm

I've considered it in the past. Someone will overpay him though.
Image
User avatar
SO_MONEY
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,592
And1: 45
Joined: Sep 11, 2009

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#11 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Klomp wrote:Won't have cap space. Whatever money we have will go to Pekovic and Budinger.


Wrong, we will have space, cap holds will also be lower than what we will pay guys in the end, there will be some flexibility, not much, not necessarily T. Evens much, but if we are willing to go over the LUX for a year it is possible.

I wouldn't do it, as there are better options out there, but I honestly think a type of deal like this could happen (a player due an extension), or taking on a player who makes 10-13mil.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,466
And1: 3,314
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#12 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:39 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:
Klomp wrote:Won't have cap space. Whatever money we have will go to Pekovic and Budinger.


Wrong, we will have space, cap holds will also be lower than what we will pay guys in the end, there will be some flexibility, not much, not necessarily T. Evens much, but if we are willing to go over the LUX for a year it is possible.

With cap holds, we are currently at $69m for the offseason (Note: that includes Roy's salary)

Cap Holds
Pekovic - $9,190,680
Budinger - $1,681,728
Howard - $884,293
Amundson - $884,293
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
SO_MONEY
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,592
And1: 45
Joined: Sep 11, 2009

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#13 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Klomp wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Klomp wrote:Won't have cap space. Whatever money we have will go to Pekovic and Budinger.


Wrong, we will have space, cap holds will also be lower than what we will pay guys in the end, there will be some flexibility, not much, not necessarily T. Evens much, but if we are willing to go over the LUX for a year it is possible.

With cap holds, we are currently at $69m for the offseason (Note: that includes Roy's salary)

Cap Holds
Pekovic - $9,190,680
Budinger - $1,681,728
Howard - $884,293
Amundson - $884,293



Amundson and Howard don't really count as we only need 12 players, Roy will be gone. We are right around 60-62mil, right up against the cap, we would/could then have room for a minimum player or two and a MLE.

Perhaps that is more clear? A MLE is not enough in all likelihood for Evens.

EDIT: We are at about 64mil, forgot Shved.

So, we may only have the MLE. My bad.
User avatar
Klomp
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,466
And1: 3,314
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#14 » by Klomp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:38 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:Amundson and Howard don't really count as we only need 12 players, Roy will be gone. We are right around 60-62mil, right up against the cap, we would/could then have room for a minimum player or two and a MLE.

Perhaps that is more clear? A MLE is not enough in all likelihood for Evens.

EDIT: We are at about 64mil, forgot Shved.

So, we may only have the MLE. My bad.

Isn't the cap 58m?
Image
DusterBuster wrote:Klomp is like the ultimate troll mod.

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
SO_MONEY
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,592
And1: 45
Joined: Sep 11, 2009

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#15 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Klomp wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:Amundson and Howard don't really count as we only need 12 players, Roy will be gone. We are right around 60-62mil, right up against the cap, we would/could then have room for a minimum player or two and a MLE.

Perhaps that is more clear? A MLE is not enough in all likelihood for Evens.

EDIT: We are at about 64mil, forgot Shved.

So, we may only have the MLE. My bad.

Isn't the cap 58m?



For one reason or another I thought it was 62mil, but 58mil might be right, I'll have to look I guess...forget things like that if you don't use them everyday.

EDIT:

I guess I am just having a bad day, month, year it is $58.044 million, has been since last year...
post0115
Junior
Posts: 272
And1: 1
Joined: Dec 17, 2006

Re: Tyreke Evans 

Post#16 » by post0115 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:49 pm

I could see it. I think Kahn is a big fan or at least he was a big fan. Back in that draft I think he was almost certain one of Tyreke or Harden would be there at 5/6 and be our future SG. I think he probably had Tyreke in the top 2 or 3 (ahead of both Rubio and Harden). It was awhile ago, but he saw star potential in him once and likely still does. We wouldn't sign him outright, but a sign and trade would definitely be possible.

However, the fit is a major question as already mentioned and he doesn't seem like a player that would fit with Adelman.

Positives: A major talent, can get to the rim, possible future closer (last shot taker), solid defense,

Negatives: Not a good shooter, maturity issues (nothing too bad, but not stellar), possible chucker,

I definitely wouldn't rule out a D-Will, B-Roy (unguaranteed), and Luke package for him.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves