ImageImageImage

Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Re: Oh boy, here we go again... (Woj story on Love) 

Post#61 » by AQuintus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:13 pm

m2002brian wrote:Out: Lover
In: Anderson Varejao and Waiters

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6c6kzj

That's pretty awful for us.

Love is under contract for at least the next 2 hand a half years. There's no imminent chance that he walks that would force us to sell low here.
lewdog
Rookie
And1: 88

Post#62 » by lewdog » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:19 pm

Blazers Out: Lamarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews, Neil Olshey
Blazers In: Kevin Love, Luke Ridnour, David Kahn

Wolves Out: Kevin Love, Luke Ridnour, David Kahn
Wolves In: Lamarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews, Neil Olshey

Who says no?
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#63 » by Krapinsky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Hambone93 wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:Let's trade him to the Bobcats for MKG and Biyombo. That will show him. Have fun on the Bobs!

Bobcats aren't looking too shabby this season. saying that it's a punishment to play for them just because of an epically bad season is a disservice to them.

They're 7-13. If you take MKG and Biyombo off that team, what is left? What am I missing?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#64 » by Basti » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:22 pm

Okay, Love's comments aside this article is yet another hate-fest by Woj on Kahn. He isn't even trying to be an observing and neutral journalist.

Looking back, Love still refuses to believe that dumping center Al Jefferson on Utah for picks and salary-cap space – ultimately all misused, of course

Articles like this, while highly informative because of other context, should be deleted for lack of professionalism. Or at least they should be marked as a column.

Anyway, regarding Love's comments: As other mentioned the timing is very very odd. Why would he suddenly complain about changing rosters every year? This summer he was quoted as saying there was bad blood in the locker room. After watching last year's team in the final stages of the season I'm surprised he suddenly thinks it's important to have roster stability. It was freaking obvious how little talented AND consistent the last few rosters were. Fine, Kevin, play with guys such as Sasha Pavlovic, Wes Johnson, Darko Milicic and Sebastian Telfair.

Not to mention that he approved of the roster moves made this summer. If he can't see that this year's team is bound to make the post-season if everyone returns and/or stays mostly healthy than he's really delusional. Not to mention that he's throwing teammates under the bus indirectly.

I'm really getting sick of his sense of entitlement.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 912

Post#65 » by Saltine » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:24 pm

I hope Derrick Williams will teach Love something about maturity and Humility...
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by Basti » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:24 pm

lewdog wrote:Blazers Out: Lamarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews, Neil Olshey
Blazers In: Kevin Love, Luke Ridnour, David Kahn

Wolves Out: Kevin Love, Luke Ridnour, David Kahn
Wolves In: Lamarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews, Neil Olshey

Who says no?

Paul Allen. If he actually picks up the phone upon seeing who's calling.
MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

Post#67 » by MagnusPinus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Very disappointed in him.. he can't talk like that, in this moment, when the season can really start to improve. It's a disgrace.. I'd trade him for a nice package, but honestly I don't know who could come in return..
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by Basti » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:27 pm

AQuintus wrote:Love + Pekovic for Dwight

I'm 99% sure you're not serious but I wouldn't want to give up one of my favorite Wolves to exchange primadonnas.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#69 » by Krapinsky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm starting to think Love broke his hand by patting himself on the back too hard.

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#70 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Typically I'd be totally fine with not reading/hearing another interview ever again with Kahn, Taylor, or Love, but if they feel the need to tumble down this road of destruction, then I'm all for tagging along for the ride. Wolves United.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#71 » by AQuintus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Basti wrote:
AQuintus wrote:Love + Pekovic for Dwight

I'm 99% sure you're not serious but I wouldn't want to give up one of my favorite Wolves to exchange primadonnas.

Honestly, if I knew that Dwight would re-sign with us, I'd do it. It would open up the starting PF spot for Williams and allow us to go super fast with Rubio at PG and athletes all around him. I doubt Dwight would stick around though. Not that it matters since Love isn't going anywhere, and this is just another hatchet job article by Woj against Kahn.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#72 » by FinnTheHuman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:32 pm

I bet this is coming from him being afraid he won't be able to stat pad on this team. I wouldn't be shocked, considering his ego.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,662

Post#73 » by shrink » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:38 pm

AQuintus wrote:
m2002brian wrote:Out: Lover
In: Anderson Varejao and Waiters

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6c6kzj

That's pretty awful for us.

Love is under contract for at least the next 2 hand a half years. There's no imminent chance that he walks that would force us to sell low here.

Agreed. Most offers should start with the other team's most valuable asset.

Love is a true star, right now. A deal needs to include a triue superstar, or the player with the greatest chance to become one. Fit you worry about later, or do a three-team trade.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#74 » by AQuintus » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:39 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:I bet this is coming from him being afraid he won't be able to stat pad on this team. I wouldn't be shocked, considering his ego.

I bet this is coming from Woj having some weird personal vendetta against Kahn combined with the dying art of journalism's need to create false controversies in order to get attention. But maybe that's just me.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,662

Post#75 » by shrink » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 pm

AQuintus wrote: Honestly, if I knew that Dwight would re-sign with us, I'd do it. It would open up the starting PF spot for Williams and allow us to go super fast with Rubio at PG and athletes all around him. I doubt Dwight would stick around though. Not that it matters since Love isn't going anywhere, and this is just another hatchet job article by Woj against Kahn.

We'd never know, because Dwight would never know.

I couldn't stand the daily drama -- with Love, at least it's only every few months.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
pumunga
Junior
And1: 5

Post#76 » by pumunga » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:45 pm

what is Love even talking about ?

"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there." then follows that up with "And that's on me to do my part, to get us there" well which is it, you are a star and can lead us to the playoffs or you need a bunch of help?

Then he goes on to say that people have always limited his game and said he has a ceiling and loves to prove people wrong. Well maybe thats exactly what the FO is doing, saying you arent that good so you prove them wrong and bring a championship to mn.

What else does this meathead have to say.. "You walk into the locker room every year, and it's completely turned over," Love says. "There's new guys everywhere. And then it happens again and again. You start to wonder: Is there really a plan here? Is there really any kind of a … plan?" I guess we shoulda kept guys like Jonny Flynn, Wes johnson, and Darko around.

"I'm not the one to always follow professional protocol – but I do know what it is, even at 24 years old," Love says. Oh really? your not one to follow professional protocol? like the way you throw your coaches, boss, and teammates under the bus, not playing defense, and complaining about calls is that how your not following professional protocol? or maybe its the way your basically telling the fans you dont want to be here.

"Even people in my own organization were asking if it was a legitimate injury, people calling my honesty and integrity into question," Love says. "And that's what really hurt me." knuckle pushups? really dude? knuckle pushups.... seems like a necessary exercise a 260 pound guy needs to be doing. And hes such a godly figure people cant even ask him about it.

The whole Al Jefferson thing is a joke. Talkin bout how the Spurs, Thunder, and Grizzlies have added talent to their squads (when he just said he doesnt see a plan, he sees new faces every year), what do you call Budinger, Ak47, and shved- all guys who fit in an adelman type system.

Lets see, whats next "I obviously know the color of my skin, especially in this predominately black game," Love says. "I was tagged early as the prototypical white player, the guy with the intangibles – the smart player, the guy who did all the right things." so much wrong with this. is he implying black players are not smart? or dont have intangibles?

"Randy Wittman told me not to shoot 3-pointers. That got me very uncomfortable. There were certain labels tagged on me very early in my career, spots on the floor where I felt uncomfortable. I continued to put myself out there in those spots." first off a guy who gets 15 boards a game maybe shouldnt be out on the 3 point line all game and then says "I was able to grow because I was able to get out of my comfort zone, and that was something that [McClanaghan] has helped with tremendously." I dont know if he is contradicting himself, or saying Wittman helped him grow.

And then talking about saving the max for Rubio, and not giving it to him "It was a projection over a sure thing," Love says. "There's no question there was an agenda here. A different agenda." Yeah, maybe we do want to give a pg/quarterback/floor general the max deal, and not a 'sure thing' that has never brought this team anywhere, a 'sure thing' to be banged up, a 'sure thing' not play defense. When it's time for every franchise in the NBA to clear cap space and try to sign him, Love simply understands: "I'll have the leverage." what an arrogant thing to say. How does a player demanding a max contract have leverage over teams trying to save money. (rhetorical)
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#77 » by Mattya » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Love makes it so hard to be a fan of his. Which is amazing considering how good of a player he is. You have to be a pretty big a****** for people to not like you when you are a two time all star putting up historic numbers.
Krapinsky
RealGM

Post#78 » by Krapinsky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Ryan Anderson + Aminu is an intriguing package to build an offer around. Anderson might have the best non-rookie deal contract in the league.

S&T for Josh Smith + 1 or 2 firsts?

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#79 » by The J Rocka » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:59 pm

I was thinking about Josh Smith as well. I still think we would need that SG guard that can actually score but Rubio + Smith would be must see TV and our D would be amazing.
AQuintus
RealGM

Post#80 » by AQuintus » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:00 am

Krapinsky wrote:Ryan Anderson + Aminu is an intriguing package to build an offer around.

Again. Selling low when we absolutely do not need to. If we're trading to the Hornets, then we start with Davis and work from there.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves