2010 4 15-67 19.90% 199 2 -2 Wesley Johnson
2009 6 24-58 7.60% 76 5 -1 Jonny Flynn
2008 3 22-60 13.80% 138 3 0 O.J. Mayo

See complete Minnesota Timberwolves draft lottery history

MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In

Moderators: Basti, Klomp, C.lupus

Post#1 MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:43 pm by shrink

MIN GIVES: Derrick Williams + MEM 1st + make MIN 1st unprotected + Ridnour + Roy
MIN GETS: Gortat + Dudley + Ariza

PHX GIVES: Gortat + Dudley + Beasley
PHX GETS: Derrick Williams + MEM 1st + GSW 1st + make MIN 1st unprotected + expirings (Roy + Raja Bell)

UTA GIVES: Raja Bell + GSW 1st
UTA GETS: Ridnour

WAS GIVES: Ariza
WAS GETS: Beasley

This is an "all-in" deal for MIN for the next two years. PHX posters have said this:

phx#7 wrote:But just because they're not in win now mode doesn't mean they'll move guys for the sake of moving them. I'd prefer to move Gortat and Dudley for young prospects and picks but if the Suns can't get adequate value that makes sense then may as well just hold on to them and re-evaluate their value in the off-season.

I'd say, still try to sign Pek next year too, and go into the lux. Pek, Gortat, Love is ultra-scary. Rubio, Shved, Buddinger, and Kirilenko is scary too.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 183

Post#2 Re: MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 pm by LordBaldric

All in to what? First round exit or bust? What a terrible idea.
By the power of the Dark Side, free Kevin Love!
LordBaldric

Lead Assistant
And1: 130

Post#3 Re: MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:54 pm by Maefteda

Don't think Wizards do this. They get another "bonehead" in Beasley, a type they have tried to get rid of (McGee+N.Young). All the while they help another team get DWill, who they want for themselves.
Maefteda

Junior
And1: 60

Post#4 Re: MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In
Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:13 pm by [RCG]

This is the type of move that has kept the Wolves in the late lotto.

Gortat gives us insurance in case Pek leaves, but only for a year. Dudley is a solid contributor but Ariza shouldn't be seen as a positive. Yet we give two first round picks, Derrick Williams, Ridnour and Roy?

If Lakers figure it out they will be the 8th team in when Houston falls off. If we had Budinger and Love healthy it would be a different story but with them out for most of the season we still don't have the firepower to make a charge.

The lack of player development is really going to bite us in a couple years.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 133

Post#5 Re: MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In
Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:37 pm by shrink

Maefteda wrote:Don't think Wizards do this. They get another "bonehead" in Beasley, a type they have tried to get rid of (McGee+N.Young). All the while they help another team get DWill, who they want for themselves.

You may be right about "bonehead" part. I was looking to add value to the PHX part by moving Beasley, but clearly we can't take him back. My thinking was that if WAS is trying to take big chances, they'd like him over the certainly-negative-value Ariza. I wasn't adding him to the Wolves to add value, he's just easier to swallow for us than Beasley.

I also was trying to give PHX multiple late picks that they can shotgun at the second half of the lottery to find a talent, or use them to move up in the draft or in a sign-and-trade next year. I understand it's harder to create value with lots of small, slightly positive pieces, but with three late picks, Derrick Williams and moving Beasley, maybe I'm overshooting their return.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 183

Post#6 Re: MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In
Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:15 pm by teamwillow

I think our trades need to be marginal due to the fact we haven't gotten to see how good this roster does when healthy. Especially if CJ/Jelloball are good additions, we could still be a playoff team
teamwillow
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#7 Re: MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In
Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:17 pm by Tirion

shrink wrote: My thinking was that if WAS is trying to take big chances, they'd like him over the certainly-negative-value Ariza.

Beasley has more in the negative column than Ariza:

1) his contract is longer;
2) he's a malcontent/cancer;
3) he doesn't play any defense, so he hurts you more.

At this point Beasley's contract is close to unmovable.
Tirion
Analyst
And1: 84

Post#8 Re: MIN - PHX w/ UTA + WAS .. All In
Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:07 pm by The J Rocka

Tirion wrote:
shrink wrote: My thinking was that if WAS is trying to take big chances, they'd like him over the certainly-negative-value Ariza.

Beasley has more in the negative column than Ariza:

1) his contract is longer;
2) he's a malcontent/cancer;
3) he doesn't play any defense, so he hurts you more.

At this point Beasley's contract is close to unmovable.

Not to mention, they moved all the dumbasses off the team to change the atmosphere/culture (ie: Blatche, McGee).
Sig by C.lupus
The J Rocka

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 677

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves